Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GT Carbon Ceramic Brake Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
vanqui will become famous soon enoughvanqui will become famous soon enough
Bentley GT Carbon Ceramic Brake Service

Hi, I am considering the purchase of a Bentley gt with the CC Brake option, can anyone shed some light onto the expected life of the pads and rotors compared to standard brakes and the cost of replacing the pads/rotors, Thanks in advance for any guidance Jason

Old 07-11-2012, 02:14 PM
BGT
BGT is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested in knowing as well. I was thinking about looking into getting CC brakes for my GT. Does anyone know if the SS ones fit on my 2006 GT if I purchased some used?

Old 08-25-2022, 07:40 PM
flyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vanqui
Hi, I am considering the purchase of a Bentley gt with the CC Brake option, can anyone shed some light onto the expected life of the pads and rotors compared to standard brakes and the cost of replacing the pads/rotors, Thanks in advance for any guidance Jason
Pads at least 60k miles. Rotors? Life of the vehicle.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:38 AM
CarFreaks is on a distinguished road
Price??

Old 01-10-2023, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor
Redisc is an unknown quantity at this point
Squealing should not be normal, not everybody does experience this. We are specialized in Carbon Ceramic disc refurbishment and I can share with you some experiences with our customers about why this starts:

- Changing the pads

- Broken screws (between the disc and the hat)

- Twisted discs (in this case more vibration)

- Worn-out discs

- Manufacturer poor density of the disc

- Poor attachment on the hub

- The tile/disc combination is also important.

Old 01-10-2023, 09:19 AM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
Vanqui

It's my understanding that if the ceramic rotors need to be replaced, the rotors are expensive to purchase at around $6K each. See the Flying Spares link I looked up. I haven't shopped for them, just went to a quick source for Bentley parts. it is my understanding the ceramics are great to have, just make sure to keep ahead of replacing the pads so you don't damage the rotor based on what I have heard about other cars. I believe I read somewhere on this forum or it may have been in relation to 911 turbo's that it is expensive to switch to non-ceramic setup if you have ceramic since you have to switch out a lot of components.

https://www.flyingspares.com/ceramic...w0615301t.html

How has the 2002 Vanquish been and treated you?

Also see the attached link on the Aston Martin forum as general reference to Ceramic.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...el-brakes.html

Last edited by Mars911; 01-10-2023 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2023, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@flyc2c @Redisc @Mars911 ,
@vanqui 's post is from over 10 years ago, and he hasn't been active since 2017...

But in case anyone else has the same questions, I will add what I found back in 2016 while helping a fellow member with his 2007 Diamond GT, as @Mars911 stated the prices he found now without shopping around, I will give the prices I found back then, the prices oddly enough were the same, or higher depending on which Bentley dealership I called back then, the rotors were quoted at $6000 (my cost) $7800 (retail) each, another dealership quoted over $8k each, then the front pads at $3300, the Florida Bentley dealer made a deal at $1957.00 for each rotor, then I asked what about the pads to have a complete matching setup, he gave a package deal of both front ceramic rotors and matching pads for $5743.99 total, the 6Speed member went with the Florida dealership, so it does pays to shop around !

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ic-rotors.html

Johnny

Old 01-10-2023, 02:35 PM
Grateful is on a distinguished road
That's a fantastic deal! I'm looking at purchasing a Supersports and the CC brakes were my main concern. It really does pay to shop around. Thanks for the info and piece of mind Johnny!

Old 01-13-2023, 06:08 AM
Former Vendor
Johnny, that is a very good deal. $1957.00 for each rotor - for Carbon Ceramic Rotor?

Old 01-13-2023, 09:28 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redisc
Johnny, that is a very good deal. $1957.00 for each rotor - for Carbon Ceramic Rotor?
​​​​​​Hello @Redisc ,
Yes, $1957.00 for each Carbon Ceramic Rotor, and as I said, the seller made a package deal at $5743.99 for two front rotors and the pads, these were of the latest revision at the time, part numbers 3W0-615-301 S and 3W0-615-302 H for the rotors.

IIRC, it was that the dealership parts department had a surplus of carbon ceramic rotors and pads because no one ever purchased them, and the parts manager wanted to move them, remember, as I stated above, this was in 2016, and @therron4ou confirmed that he went with said Florida dealership in my previously attached link to his thread..

So, I would still shop many different dealerships to find the lowest price today.

@Redisc ,
As you are a Premium Board Sponsor, I would have no issue with you stating an estimated cost of your service in this thread, (unless @GT3 Chuck tells me that I am wrong &#128521 so others may have an idea of your cost vs. the dealership or other aftermarket if available.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-13-2023 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor
Well costs for refurbishment on CCMs with Redisc are:
  • from 350 mm 1.710 €
  • from 360 mm 1.800 €
  • Minor repairs 800 €
  • Special treatment to be racetrack ready* 250 €
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE VAT and SHIPPING COSTS.
I would say that the best benefit is, we put also OXY coating to prevent oxygen from entering the disc core. This helps to extand the lifetime of the disc itself.
We also do refurbish CCB discs, prices are similar. You can check here https://www.redisc.si/en/services/#price

Old 01-24-2023, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Hello @Redisc ,
I would think that because you are posting in the Bentley forum, that you would post the information pertaining to Bentley rotors, as per your own site, Bentley rotors are "CCB" not "CCM" as you posted, and the front rotors on the Bentley are 420mm, not "350 mm" or "360 mm", as your pricing levels show, there is a different charge for "Over 400 mm" for CCB vs CCM, the Bentley rears are 356 mm.

Please edit your post to reflect Bentley.

Thank you.
Johnny

Originally Posted by Redisc
Well costs for refurbishment on CCMs with Redisc are:
  • from 350 mm 1.710 €
  • from 360 mm 1.800 €
  • Minor repairs 800 €
  • Special treatment to be racetrack ready* 250 €
I would say that the best benefit is, we put also OXY coating to prevent oxygen from entering the disc core. This helps to extand the lifetime of the disc itself.
We also do refurbish CCB discs, prices are similar. You can check here https://www.redisc.si/en/services/#price

Old 01-24-2023, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you Johnny for letting me know. You are absolutly right I have made a mistake.
Here are prices for CCBs

PRICES FOR CCB BRAKE DISCS

• PCCB 350 mm €1,810 plus + VAT
  • Up to a diameter of 370mm €1,815 plus + VAT
  • Between 370mm and 399mm in diameter €1,820 plus + VAT
  • Over 400mm in diameter €1,880 plus + VAT
  • Minor repairs (edge damage) €750 plus + VAT
  • Fixing element (floater) for PCCB single €75 plus + VAT