Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Burning Gas for Nothing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Burning Gas for Nothing

Brooke and I went out for a ride yesterday and had a good time EXCEPT for traffic. going into a super twisty section(first and second gears) we encountered an large motorhome but we nailed it out of a hairpin and thought we were good to go-----------NOT!

We came up behind three Mazda Miatas with the tops down cruising like the day would never end. At first i thought they were hung up behind a pickup truck till I saw the truck getting away. I was all over them threatning them with a horrendous pass but they kept up the snail pace. I finally got two of them but was trapped by the third which had gained back up to the truck. I did pass it when we turned on to the main road going around immediately after the right hander. Brooke exclaimed that they were old people and I might have scared them.

Sorry bout dat old guys.

We went out to eat sushi and japanese hot grill and had a grand time with the top down and music blaring. I am not sure which one of us is the child.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Brooke and I went out for a ride yesterday and had a good time EXCEPT for traffic. going into a super twisty section(first and second gears) we encountered an large motorhome but we nailed it out of a hairpin and thought we were good to go-----------NOT!

We came up behind three Mazda Miatas with the tops down cruising like the day would never end. At first i thought they were hung up behind a pickup truck till I saw the truck getting away. I was all over them threatning them with a horrendous pass but they kept up the snail pace. I finally got two of them but was trapped by the third which had gained back up to the truck. I did pass it when we turned on to the main road going around immediately after the right hander. Brooke exclaimed that they were old people and I might have scared them.

Sorry bout dat old guys.

We went out to eat sushi and japanese hot grill and had a grand time with the top down and music blaring. I am not sure which one of us is the child.
This is what I am talking about. End users having fun with their loved ones on nice drives. Damm, I would have driven the crap out of those Miatas. For twisting winding roads, those little suckers are really easy to handle. Easy vehicle to drive.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
You animal!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
This is what I am talking about. End users having fun with their loved ones on nice drives. Damm, I would have driven the crap out of those Miatas. For twisting winding roads, those little suckers are really easy to handle. Easy vehicle to drive.
I have heard an read nice things about them but they are underpowered IMO. Those dudes kept confusing the right and left pedals.

What i do know a GT will eat them for lunch.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
You animal!!!
It's "Filthy Animal" thank you.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!

Yes, SIR!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I have heard an read nice things about them but they are underpowered IMO. Those dudes kept confusing the right and left pedals.

What i do know a GT will eat them for lunch.
Right? It's a tiny vehicle and they keep brake checking!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Right? It's a tiny vehicle and they keep brake checking!
Ah I should be nice. They were out for a leisurely roll around and we did have temperatures in the 70's so I should not be so hard on them but we had limited roads suitable for thrill driving and I wanted around.

When I told the story to the wife she told me and Brooke that a convertible was for enjoying the outdoors. We looked at each other and whatever. I thought it was for hearing more exhaust and turbo-woosh echoing off rock bluffs.

Left paddle in and right paddle out boys. I was up in the r's and hard on the gas and got 12mpg for the day.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Man, I gotta take her to this spot in Santa Cruz, I just think she will be way too much power for those roads.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I bought my wife an MX5 (Miata) quite a few years back, before I bought her the SLK. Put a big bow on the bonnet and all.

I used to drive it to the pump to fill it for her (that's how to keep a marriage together! ) and it was a nifty little drive. Back then, like the SLK, it was a woman's/hairdresser's car. But nowadays you see everyone driving them, old and young.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by kensilver
I bought my wife an MX5 (Miata) quite a few years back, before I bought her the SLK. Put a big bow on the bonnet and all.

I used to drive it to the pump to fill it for her (that's how to keep a marriage together! ) and it was a nifty little drive. Back then, like the SLK, it was a woman's/hairdresser's car. But nowadays you see everyone driving them, old and young.
Ken, you need to school me on some of that British gentry on how to keep a woman for life. You sir, I can learn so much from and plus you guys did create that damm Bentley Gt we all have been fussing about on this side of the pond for years.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Ken, you need to school me on some of that British gentry on how to keep a woman for life...
It's quite easy - all women are attracted to men with the appearance of money. Never known it to fail yet

Old 11-15-2012, 12:46 AM
It's quite easy - all women are attracted to men with the appearance of money. Never known it to fail yet
Actually the BBC did a show about that and you are right, same guy, appearing poor in one thing, then rich in another and the one which was a bit more comfortable in life got the ladies. Funny show to watch too.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM
It is a common theme all the way into the animal kingdom. Does go for the strongest brute with the big rack and turkeys the boss gobbler showing off and strutting like an ego maniac.

I like that one pop song that says something like, " I ain't callin you a gold digger but you ain't messin with no broke n-----r".

Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM
It is a common theme all the way into the animal kingdom. Does go for the strongest brute with the big rack and turkeys the boss gobbler showing off and strutting like an ego maniac.

I like that one pop song that says something like, " I ain't callin you a gold digger but you ain't messin with no broke n-----r".
So true.