Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My GT re-build in pictures !!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:05 PM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Johnny J J,

Is that front bumper cover from Xclusive customs? Will really update the looks on the car, so curious where you got that.

My car got hit in a parking lot and the 2" x 4" damage managed to require me to need both a fender and front bumper cover, so thinking of an 'upgrade' while I'm at it.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 03-19-2019, 06:02 AM
John R. Allen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for sharing, Much Respect!

Old 03-19-2019, 11:18 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rons GT Speed
Hello Johnny. The Phone looks great, very fancy looking. The new Bumper looks amazing, and the exhaust system. Good find on the exhaust system. All of your added features you are going to incorporate in to the Bentley will defiantly upgrade the quality of the car. 2019 is not that far off.
Ron
Thank you Ron !
And here it is March of 19, and I have had no time to spend on the B..... Soon though.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blackster
This is unreal the amount of work you've carried out. Did you get the newer engine to fit and work in the end?
Thank you Blackster, I will get to her soon..

Old 03-19-2019, 11:58 AM
Administrator
Hello Randy,
Actually they are platinum....
Originally Posted by Randy V
Johnny has big brass ones!

Hello Sam,
Yes it is a Xclusive Customs piece, I purchased from a seller in the UK, it is either used, new, fitted, or the vehicle owner didn't like it or went with a different style after fitted, I got that many different answers form the seller or his people, But at the price who cares, be sure to be sitting down, I paid $925.40 plus shipping to NJ, but as I said in post #116, it was a huge hassle with the seller from Aug 2018 until just earlier this month when the CC company settled in my favor for the mis-matched tail lights and 1 non working ballast that were part of the order to get as many items shipped in one box, the lights alone were $1050.00, so after I mailed in over 40 pages of correspondences with said seller and eBay and the seller failed to respond after the third attempt by CC it was settled, So I can not recommend the seller here to you all...
Originally Posted by sam08861
Johnny J J,
Is that front bumper cover from Xclusive customs? Will really update the looks on the car, so curious where you got that.
My car got hit in a parking lot and the 2" x 4" damage managed to require me to need both a fender and front bumper cover, so thinking of an 'upgrade' while I'm at it.
Can't wait to see the finished product!
Hello John,
Thank you !

Originally Posted by John R. Allen
Thank you for sharing, Much Respect!

Old 03-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Administrator
Thank you British !

Originally Posted by British
I think you missed your calling as a cardiac surgeon. This has been a jaw-dropping narrative and I have to admit that I don't have the grit you have. I still smart over giving up on a clutch replacement on my GT-6 when I was 17, I didn't have a hoist and simply couldn't figure out a way to get the transmission back together, then I see your pile of wiring harnesses and blanche.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:53 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
Hey Johnny,
My 2015 Speed infotainment unit is stuck in an endless software loop, dealer says I need a new unit, they won't do a software update. Model number seems to be the 3W0035017Q version, or is there a special version for the NAIM equipped cars? I have searched flyingspares and scuderiaparts, they don't seem to have a special version listed anywhere. If you happen to have a '15 unit you want to part with let me know!
Thanks.
Paul
(Myrtle Beach)

Old 03-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello Johnny
Side door mirrors, they fold in via the switch in the centre panel, Any way of making them fold in when locking the doors or when turning the engine off and then unfold when starting up ...
Answered in your speaker thread.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by pwc6t3
Hey Johnny,
My 2015 Speed infotainment unit is stuck in an endless software loop, dealer says I need a new unit, they won't do a software update. Model number seems to be the 3W0035017Q version, or is there a special version for the NAIM equipped cars? I have searched flyingspares and scuderiaparts, they don't seem to have a special version listed anywhere. If you happen to have a '15 unit you want to part with let me know!
Thanks.
Paul
(Myrtle Beach)
Hello Paul,
No, I do not have any 2015 units yet...

Why won't the dealer do a SW update, this is a known issue, shown on youtube and Google.
One thing you may do is to remove the unit from the vehicle and bench test it, I had a guy here in Jersey who thought he needed a replacement head unit on a 2007, I told him to pull it, well on the bench it was fine, powered up and no loop, back in the car and it looped, I had him swap out the NAV drive with on I had and all was good.

So at least a bench test will tell you if it is the head unit or not, maybe...

As far as the Naim SW in the head unit, you will have to pull your unit and tell us your SW number shown on the unit, I know the 2010 Naim unit has a SW version of "2270" where other non Naim had 2215 or 2222 versions, so if you can pull it for the info and bench test, that would help.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 10-24-2022 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 04-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello Johnny
Whats is this part called, Im missing mine on the car ...
Answered in your thread......

Old 10-08-2019, 07:31 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
What is the brand of this bumper Johnny and where can I read up on it at?

Thanks

Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Great looking bumper!! It would be excellent if it is made in or available in U.S. I like the air intake area.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:39 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Great looking bumper!! It would be excellent if it is made in or available in U.S. I like the air intake area.
I was just looking up front bumpers and it’s crazy how they charge a extra $1000 for a US spec bumper on Flying Spares or Scuderia just for the side markers. It’s hard as hell trying to find a bumper!!!

Old 10-09-2019, 02:20 AM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
I bought their unpainted side skirt kit about 4 months ago. I temporally installed it. I thought it looked great. I'll install it when I change the front bumper. I talked with their support group. They advised their bumpers need very little fitment work. LOL I don't want to believe that. Matting surfaces will be everything when trying to install. If I remember they advised that I would be required to install the retainment features for the bumper. Fiberglass can and will warp if it does not have internal support imbedded during to layup. I also wonder what their mold is made from and how accurate are the final product dimensions? My concern is investing that amount of money and have a poor fitting bumper to scrap. Please keep me in the loop as to the bumper you commit to buying.
Thanks

https://www.carid.com/aero-function/af-2-style-fiberglass-body-kit

Old 10-09-2019, 07:48 AM
I bought their unpainted side skirt kit about 4 months ago. I temporally installed it. I thought it looked great. I'll install it when I change the front bumper. I talked with their support group. They advised their bumpers need very little fitment work. LOL I don't want to believe that. Matting surfaces will be everything when trying to install. If I remember they advised that I would be required to install the retainment features for the bumper. Fiberglass can and will warp if it does not have internal support imbedded during to layup. I also wonder what their mold is made from and how accurate are the final product dimensions? My concern is investing that amount of money and have a poor fitting bumper to scrap. Please keep me in the loop as to the bumper you commit to buying.
Thanks

https://www.carid.com/aero-function/af-2-style-fiberglass-body-kit
I have been looking at that one also. And I, like you, have some questions on how will it fit. I have seen some with fine print saying some slight modifications to that bar behind the bumper will need to happen. I bought the parking sensors holders/clips and seals just in case I buy a aftermarket one. I just realized what they mean by non North America. If you buy one from the UK, make sure it has side markers. It seems as if no one that’s active on the forum now has fit any aftermarket to give advice. I might just have to take a loss and buy a OEM one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: My GT re-build in pictures !!