Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Hi Conti Gt owner since 2004

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Rabent is on a distinguished road
Hi Conti Gt owner since 2004

Just wanted to say hi, i have been following these forums for a while now but just signed in today.
I am a Bentley continental Gt owner since April 2004, probably one of y first Gt's in Europe. I have been a very fortunate and happy owner since, thats 12 years soon! So i have always taken the car to official Bentley service but there is a catch to that because it has hardly been 5 times. I only have 25,000kms clocked, made 10,000 pf those in the first two years and then..... Kids,family,work etc.. Now iam re-loving my GT again, the difference is that i have more time for it.
Today i took it out for a drive and finished some work, when i got back to the car, it didnt start! This is probably Typical for owners who dont use the car too often.
So the first thing i did was call Road assistence and then Bentley mecanic to ask them about the exact procedure to jump start it because i kenw it wasnt as sim as other cars, the surprise came when the mecanic told me there there was an emergency procedure to start the car with the Main battery, not the starter battery. So the trick was as follows :
1. Open the emergency key of your keyfob and insert it in the car
2. Press and hold the footbrake
3. Turn the key 2 times to the left and 1 more time to the Right, the car starts

It was very pleasing to know i wasnt stuck for an hour untill the assistance arrived.

Well so now i am going to change the starter battery, ive been looking and reading around the forum but dont seem to find the exact procedure, im supposing the starter battery is a simple job.
So, can anyone guide me with this, thankyou in advance.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
Battery changing procedure found here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-thread-6.html

Old 03-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Rabent is on a distinguished road
Thanks Arachnophobia i had already seen that thread it was helpful for the battery references. But now i am realising that the battery that is low is not the starter battery but the main battery!
I found all the info in this thread :
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-dilemma.html
Thanks samy999, thats going to be very helpful.