Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 05:12 AM
goddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Mirror settings for reverse

Morning all,
I have a 2006 Bentley Continental GT and someone has told me that there
is a thread on this forum about setting the door mirrors so that they tip down
when reversing. I have done a bit of a search but cannot find that thread.
Can anybody enlighten me on how this procedure is done or point me in the
direction of the thread, please?

Old 08-20-2017, 06:54 AM
joc44 will become famous soon enoughjoc44 will become famous soon enough
See hand book, 4-22 this will help you out.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by joc44
See hand book, 4-22 this will help you out.
Thanks joc44, just thumbed through the manual and read the relevant article.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:50 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Simply have side mirror's round **** set so that it is ready to adjust the passenger sideview mirror.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Simply have side mirror's round **** set so that it is ready to adjust the passenger sideview mirror.
That is one way to do it but the car is set up to adjust the mirror automatically, so why not use that facility?

Old 08-22-2017, 07:49 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
What Steven means is that the control **** has to be pointing to the passenger mirror for it to work automatically when reverse is selected. Odd system but it is a Bentley!

Old 08-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by ExSF
What Steven means is that the control **** has to be pointing to the passenger mirror for it to work automatically when reverse is selected. Odd system but it is a Bentley!
My apologies. I misunderstood the message from Steven.

Old 01-20-2023, 02:52 PM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
is this also working on gt2005? can you rephrase the procedure how to activate it? or the only option is to set the **** to passenger mirror adjustment and thats it?

Old 01-21-2023, 02:29 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sazam
is this also working on gt2005? can you rephrase the procedure how to activate it? or the only option is to set the **** to passenger mirror adjustment and thats it?
@sazam ,
Yes, it works for the 05, yes, you point the dot on the switch to the passenger side mirror for tilt in reverse, odd thing is, I never tried pointing to the driver side mirror to see if it tilts in reverse, I shall try that.

BUT, whatever you do, do NOT leave the switch pointed in the HEATED position for any given long period of time, it will delaminate the mirrors.

Johnny

Old 01-21-2023, 10:15 PM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Johnny - another great hint about frying the mirros - what f..up the bentley engineers did again??? in any my car with electric mirrors i remember there was always neutral position to not mess with settings by accidenral joystick push... here... we have this :>

Old 01-21-2023, 10:47 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
The credit goes to @British for bringing this issue to light.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...de-mirror.html

Johnny

Old 01-23-2023, 03:44 PM
dangme55 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can also have it follow the key if you set up the personalization properly. That is in the manual somewhere as well. There are a lot of 'quirks' in the vehicle that are not 'in line' with sections where you would think think they belong. If you can't find it let me know and I will scan my manual and post it up.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by dangme55
You can also have it follow the key if you set up the personalization properly. That is in the manual somewhere as well. There are a lot of 'quirks' in the vehicle that are not 'in line' with sections where you would think think they belong. If you can't find it let me know and I will scan my manual and post it up.
i dont have any manual. would be grateful for your support