Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 gtc roof wont close

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Hagop.oun is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 gtc roof wont close

Hi gentlemen,
so ijust bought a 2007 gtc in pristine condition.
never had any issues with the roof.
ladt week upon closing the roof the lid in the back lift half an inch but won’t pop open. After multiple tries it finally does.
When i come to open it I never get an issue with lid it pops open normally only open closing it has hard time raising.
any help please.
much thx for the expertise.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:21 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Could be solenoid or motor. Visit repair center. Also have them check the top corners by side/rear for holes. Also, the rear window is known to simply fall out, so get that sorted as well. New top is about $17,000. Check web page below, maybe we need class action lawsuit against Bentley.

http://robisonservice.blogspot.com/2013/08/trouble-with-tops-2007-2011-bentley.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-15-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:25 AM
Thx Steven
opening the roof is flawless! only the closing part the lid opens 1 inch and jams. When I go back to open - back and forth it does open.
also just changed the battery thinking it was a voltage issue.
thx

Old 07-15-2018, 10:54 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Any error codes being thrown?

Old 07-15-2018, 10:55 AM
Nothing no error codes.
the fact that opening is flawless I am thinking it’s not mecanical but again we never know.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:51 PM
dmadyjr is on a distinguished road
Bentley top won't go up unless rear drivers window down all the way

I am having the same problem but don't know which microswitch or where it is. A friend told me i could bend the tab on it but don't know where to go from here. Did you ever solve your problem? i have the whole thing torn apart and don't know where to go from here.

Originally Posted by Hagop.oun
Hi gentlemen,
so ijust bought a 2007 gtc in pristine condition.
never had any issues with the roof.
ladt week upon closing the roof the lid in the back lift half an inch but won’t pop open. After multiple tries it finally does.
When i come to open it I never get an issue with lid it pops open normally only open closing it has hard time raising.
any help please.
much thx for the expertise.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:45 AM
dmadyjr is on a distinguished road
Bentley continental GTC top won't go up

Originally Posted by dmadyjr
I am having the same problem but don't know which microswitch or where it is. A friend told me i could bend the tab on it but don't know where to go from here. Did you ever solve your problem? i have the whole thing torn apart and don't know where to go from here.
I now found that after the rear lid raises almost an inch and stops, it will ALWAYS finish the cycle and work if I either lower the rear left window all the way or shake that window with a downward pressure. Does anyone know what may bee wrong? I don't want to go spend a fortune at the dealer for a new Window regulator and/or motor.