Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GT Interior Courtesy Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 03:20 PM
John R. Allen is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley GT Interior Courtesy Lights

Has anyone changed/upgraded the interior lights from incandescent to LED? The two lights in the bottom of the front seat that illuminate the rear foot area, the two lights under the dash, one on each side and the two lights in the overhead console and the two lights in the bottom of the doors I would like to change. I pulled one light out from the seat area, to me it looks like a "sealed" one piece unit. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 PM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
John: Interesting lights... thanks for sharing that. I don't have a suggestion for how to do... I haven't been there yet... heck, I just discovered a month or so ago the button on the overhead console to engage the courtesy lights... but I'll make a comment on changing to LED's:

I've somewhat recently purchased a 2007 GT which during my ownership till yesterday had dysfunctional front two side marker lights. Yesterday I had the car up on a hoist changing the engine oil... and I'll somewhat save my comments on my impression of how lax some car owners are about this sort of maintenance other than: I strongly suspect my wrench was a first for that vehicle's engine oil drain plug since it left the factory (60K miles ago). Anyhoo… while the vehicle was up on the hoist and I had the under engine shield removed, I accessed the back side of those two marker lights... popped the bulb sockets out and pulled the bulbs out. I found that both the bulbs had been "updated" to LED's I'm guessing by a previous owner (who seemingly put a higher value on that aspect than changing engine oil) and both the bulb sockets were well cooked/burnt toast. I was able to tweak the contact wires in the sockets "good enough" to hopefully restore function (for now)… haven't tested my handiwork as the vehicle is still up on the hoist, but I'll likely need to replace those sockets sooner than later. And yes, I replaced the LED bulbs with the factory specified incandescent bulbs. But then I'm a fan of "KIS" (keep it stock)… cause I'm fairly certain I'm not any smarter than the folks are who designed and built it. But that's just me.

Last edited by W. M. Hellinger; 01-20-2019 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-21-2019, 04:50 AM
John R. Allen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your comments Mr. Hellinger!

Old 01-27-2019, 06:11 AM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
John: It appears the light fixtures in your pictures for under the seats are the same fixtures as the two under the trunk lid. If so, yesterday I removed the trunk lid liner from my 07 GT and noticed LED bulbs were likely installed in the trunk lid light fixtures. I don't have a bulb chart for those bulbs, but I'm guessing they take standard 194 wedge bulbs/ T10's??? The LED bulbs in my trunk say "750" on them (750 Lumens?). Anyhoo: My trunk fixtures look fine... the LED's didn't cook the fixtures, and the LED's light-up the trunk just fine IMO.

Just passing that on.

Also FWIW: In the process of attempting to fix my aerofoil problem (which I didn't figure out yet), I did learn how to reinstall the trunk liner. As others here have mentioned, the liner is easily removed... mine basically fell-off when I removed the plastic trim containing the 4 retainer clips... I presume somebody else had been into it and only got a few of the retaining clips in their slots. Reinstalling the liner involved a steeper learning curve (than watching it fall off) for me. I found that after properly straightening the retaining clips (most of mine were mashed)…: I found the "back" two clips/closest to the plastic trim strip of the liner need to be installed/pushed in first, then work around both sides towards the aerofoil pushing in the retaining clips. The last two near the aerofoil are tricky... I found that pre-bending those two clips slightly "up" helps to find their way to the slots. I put just a sniff of grease on my clips before reinstalling to hopefully facilitate future removal as "dry" they seem overly tenacious.

Last edited by W. M. Hellinger; 01-27-2019 at 06:13 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-31-2019, 06:46 PM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
I swap all of my interior to led..
here is the videos
Bentley Continental Flying Spur Led conversation

Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang
I swap all of my interior to led..
here is the videos
Bentley Continental Flying Spur Led conversation
https://youtu.be/u2DJWIHOs-E
Sooooooooo your not going to give the board any information on how, what type of bulbs used, where you purchased them from or did a shop do the job for you?

Old 02-01-2019, 06:56 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
I've swapped my license plates, trunk lights and mirror puddle lights with 5000K LEDs (so, on the whiter side ,but not blue). My source is:

superbrightleds.com

I've purchased from them on a number of cars over a few years - Jaguars, Corvettes, etc. They're good quality and a good service company.

Last edited by BWings; 02-01-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:12 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BWings
I've swapped my license plates, trunk lights and mirror puddle lights with 5000K LEDs (so, on the whiter side ,but not blue). My source is:

superbrightleds.com

I've purchased from them on a number of cars over a few years - Jaguars, Corvettes, etc. They're good quality and a good service company.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:23 AM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
I use Phillips T10 bulb and 38mm bulb on amazon
philips warning light cancel also

Old 02-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
THIS IS THE BEST LED SOURCE I'VE USED OVER THE YEARS. EXCELLENT SELECTION AND VERY HELPFUL.E
https://www.superbrightleds.com/

sorry had caps lock on but dont want to retype

Old 03-02-2023, 11:17 AM
icconway is an unknown quantity at this point
You can pull them apart

Originally Posted by John R. Allen
Has anyone changed/upgraded the interior lights from incandescent to LED? The two lights in the bottom of the front seat that illuminate the rear foot area, the two lights under the dash, one on each side and the two lights in the overhead console and the two lights in the bottom of the doors I would like to change. I pulled one light out from the seat area, to me it looks like a "sealed" one piece unit. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

I changed mine and it’s 2 parts

Old 03-06-2023, 03:03 PM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
I changed the bulbs out in my car and here are the ones I used from Amazon which worked great.
T10's
Amazon Amazon

When I went to the Amazon site today, it mentioned if you need canbus, you can use this. I didn't need it though and I do not know if our cars show an error on any interior lights. I do not think they do.
Amazon Amazon

I believe these are the proper ones for the dome lights, I have the bulbs, just have not taken out the light yet.
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Mars911; 03-06-2023 at 03:17 PM.