Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Changed both batteries now brake light is on and will not allow car to drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 05:08 PM
Samhain is on a distinguished road
Agree. This car's ability to heal and reset itself is amazing.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:14 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
How low is it sitting? Can you take a few pictures and post them. I wonder if your atleast able to go forward and back a few times to see if that may do the trick. When I changed both my batteries all I had to do was reset my windows if I remember correctly.

Old 06-21-2019, 01:44 PM
Xa Zen is on a distinguished road
The car is too low to even drive . The bumper is almost sitting on the ground. And the car does not life up at all.. even when I put it in drive and try to hit the gas the car doesn’t move because the brake is on. I tried to release it but it doesn’t release it.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:27 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Check all your fuse for now. Make sure none are blown.

Question. Did you just get the car or had it for a while and changed the batteries?

Old 06-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Ok should I check the fuse panel in the trunk? What am I looking for? Do I need a special tool to check them? Is there any specific fuse to look for. Also the car was just fine but once I changed the battery every single light on the dash is on suspension won’t go up and the brake is on preventing the car from moving. It starts fine and sounds great but once in hear it won’t go!

Old 06-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Xa Zen
Ok should I check the fuse panel in the trunk? What am I looking for? Do I need a special tool to check them? Is there any specific fuse to look for. Also the car was just fine but once I changed the battery every single light on the dash is on suspension won’t go up and the brake is on preventing the car from moving. It starts fine and sounds great but once in hear it won’t go!
So the car was fine and all you did was change the batteries? Why or how did it just lay flat after changing the batteries? What made you change them to begin with? I’m trying to understand why it dropped in the first place.

As checking the fuses, with the car off, just pull them and look to see if the link is broken. Pull them out one at a time so you can remember which one goes where.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:37 PM
The car has been sitting for a few months, back and forth between two body shops. The day I picked it up from the last body shop I jumped the car sat in it with the radio on and everything... drove it up onto the flat bed. Bought the car home for a detail. Few days ago I purchased the big driver side battery from the dealer. Came home took the smaller passenger battery to auto zone charged it. Put both batteries in and boom the car starts every day with no issues. EXCEPTTTT... the suspension won’t go up and every light on the dash board is on. From the feed back I received this is to be expected but now it seems like the scanner needs to be hooked up and the codes reset! That is the step I’m at now I’m guessing! But there was a loose fuse just sitting in the trunk a numbe r5

Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 PM
Ok now I understand how to check the fuses... that was simple

Old 06-21-2019, 06:40 PM
So far found 2 that needs to be changed

Old 06-21-2019, 08:16 PM
I’m wondering if your pump went out. Find a fuse diagram and relay back to the forum which fuses are blown. I won’t have my car back till tomorrow hopefully so maybe someone can tell you What those fuses go to in detail.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:42 AM
Ok I will check out the manual and see what happens. Mechanic came hooked the correct scanner up attempted to do whatever needs to be done and the result is it’s a fuse blown. I’ll update later once the fuses get replaced hopefully that’s the prob. When you get your car back maybe that can also help guide me

Old 06-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Hopefully today if I can get out of bed and go before I have to go to work. I hate driving in Chicago traffic.

Replace all your fuses and see what you have. Check them again after you start the car to see if they blow again. If so you have a much larger problem.

Try taking some pictures and pointing to the fuses that are blown, maybe someone can tell you what slot that is. I’m really shocked no one else is chiming in on this.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 06-22-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:04 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Hello everybody. This particular problem and the owners depth of experience, flatbeding and taking the car to the dealer is the best solution. There are multiple faults making the car inoperable. One misstep could be very expensive.

There are too many uncertainties. Even though someone came out and cleard the codes we don't know what protocol they used. My suspicions is they just used standard OBD2. This is not to say that scanning and clearing of the codes is going to fix the problem. What I'm saying is a proper vcds scan and posting of the codes would be helpful. This isn't going to happen.

The brakes are not releasing. Changing fuses isn't going to fix that. Even if the car miraculously rose to the occasion it still isn't drivable.

There is a specific procedure for battery service and if not followed there are consequences. This particular subject has been covered in the past. Again, I'm not saying that this is what caused the problem but it is an indication.

My only advice is stop nurdling.

This is my heartfelt advice and it's not intended to step on anybody's toes. We are here trying to help each other figure out and listen to each other's problems, successes and joys with our cars.

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 06-22-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:34 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
This is the process for removal and installation of batteries.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bentley_disconnecting_bat.pdf (283.4 KB, 55 views)
Old 06-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Had all the fuses check it turns out two fuses from the driver side battery which connects one of the small red wires were blown. I will upload a pic. The one I’m uploading had to be ordered and the other one was at auto zone. They are the exact ones that were in there so I am not replacing them with a off brand or anything. Once the second one comes in the mail the mechanic Will be back with his Ross Tech vcds scanner and he should be able to get my baby up and running!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changed both batteries now brake light is on and will not allow car to drive