Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Sirius XM tuner problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 09:44 AM
gregwarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Sirius XM tuner problem

I have a 2010 GTC with a Satellite Radio issue. When switching from am/fm or cd to the satellite mode, the screen pops up that the tuner has an antennae problem. I have replaced the antennae module under the boot lid with a new module (twice) with no success. I did a Ross Tech scan and the fault code “1F - Sat. Tuner — Status: Malfunction 0010

Not sure where to go from here. Where is the tuner located? Is there a fuse perhaps blown? Could it just need to be initialized? The problem seems to have occurred after the main battery got very discharged and needed to be started with the key left then start trick. It annoying but not worth spending thousands to have the dealer diagnose. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:52 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Hello Mr. Gregwarner,

Sorry I do not have an answer for you on the Satellite radio, some sharp AV guys on here should be getting back to you, but this part of your post caught my eye.

The problem seems to have occurred after the main battery got very discharged and needed to be started with the key left then start trick.

If you could not start the car and needed the key sequence trick, then the battery that failed was the rightside starter battery and not the main on the LS. In fact, it was the main that saved you. Just thought it might help if you need to replace the bad battery that you get the correct one.

Old 09-28-2019, 01:09 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
It’s been known that the earlier OEM Bentley XM antennae are crap. You may want to see if they updated it in a newer model and if they might be interchangeable. I really wish they would have put it in the rear glass or something. I have an 06, they didn’t start XM til 07. I was looking into adding it to my car then I ran into some sites stating how unreliable they are.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...o-antenna.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-do-i-fix.html

I was really close to adding this from a Dodge to my car but I drop my XM and just stream Tidal, Spotify or Pandora now. Oh I changed my head unit to do that. Actually a few of us have.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:57 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
[quote=Rico.Adams;4802953]
TJ ... When you did the upgrade to the infotainment system did you install a DAB arial or something else as in the US you guys use a different frequency, I have a DAB arial in the rear window at the top
Don’t know what they call it here vs over there but it was the magnetic one that comes with the tuner.

SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit for Satellite Radio with Free 3 Months Satellite and Streaming Service
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-28-2019, 03:10 PM
gregwarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all who replied. I did contact Sirius and they confirmed that the subscription for my car is lifetime and they attempted to send a signal to my receiver. I don’t believe it was received due to either the antennae or tuner problem. I will contact a dealer with my VIN to see if the recall was ever done on this car. I’m not a huge fan of satellite radio, but if I can get it working for little cost, I’d like to have the option available to me.

in the meantime, I found a cable that connects to the iPod input connected to the cd changer in the glove box. It got mostly bad reviews on Amazon, but it works great on my car. You have to use the phone to see the names of the music tracks, but the volume and skip functions work on the factory radio. No a big investment and it plays pandora and amazon music fine...