Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Parking brake query

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 09:11 AM
Registered PM
nsandham is an unknown quantity at this point
Parking brake query

A few days ago I engaged the parking brake on my 2007 GTC. After disengaging the brake (I could hear the brake physically disengaging) I was left with this display icon in the driver info panel. I have driven the car a few times since this display showed up. Everything seems to be operating normally. I cannot find this particular display icon in my vehicle manual. Anybody have any idea what this display means? And why it is showing up now after the parking brake has been disengaged?

Old 07-02-2021, 10:14 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
I suspect it means there is an issue with the EPB. The casings crack which allows water ingress into the motors and failure, apparently

Does the icon go away if you engage the brake? If so I would suspect it's not disengaging properly (or at least in a way the computer monitors regard as properly)

C

Old 07-02-2021, 10:39 AM
Registered PM
The icon in the driver info panel does not go away. However, the red warning icon in the speedo display does go out sometimes. So I am thinking this is a malfunctioning EPB sensor. I have engaged and disengaged the EPB a few times. It seems to be physically disengaging properly but icon in driver’s display panel remains on. I did find the icon in question in my manual on page 5-21. It says that icon should disappear when EPB is disengaged.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:29 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
I can't recall if the red icon is parking brake engaged or low brake fluid. In any event, the car seems to be telling you there's a problem with the EPB

C

Old 07-02-2021, 02:38 PM
Registered PM
According to my manual, the red exclamation mark symbol can mean many things….. EPB failure; ABS and EBD failure; low brake fluid; etc. Obviously, I need to take the car to my local service shop to have it checked. So we will see.

Old 07-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by nsandham
According to my manual, the red exclamation mark symbol can mean many things….. EPB failure; ABS and EBD failure; low brake fluid; etc. Obviously, I need to take the car to my local service shop to have it checked. So we will see.
There may be someone far more experienced along in a second with other ideas. Yes, a service centre might be an idea. If you're interested though, VCDS software from Ross Tech and a cheap laptop will give you a massive amount of information as to what the problem is. FWIW I suspect it's an EPB failure, and from what I've read the most common issue is the water ingress

C