BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

"Fantastic 4" ~ e92 M3 vs RS4 vs C63 vs IS-F

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:29 AM
h20tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CURI0
You sound like you are riding HoustonT's sack.

Did you miss where I said they were all great cars? You just don't know anything about the cars, pull your head out from in between HoustonT's legs and you would see the ISF is a one trick pony.
Actually it sounds like Curio and GT3ranger are involved in a M orgy. I cant keep arguing my point, you just dont get it.

I would love to run into you on the highway gt3ranger as long as its your rs4 and not any of your other cars. Lets see who rips whose lungs out. Its a shame how someone with so many nice cars gets involved ina bmw **** riding thread.
Cheers,

Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Not so much, I am just enjoying making you look like a hypocrit! As for "calling me the **** out", you ******bag, I already called YOU out and put up $1,000, how are you now calling me out???? You have a PERSONAL invite to TX2K9, if not, come down sooner, i'm ready right now... Right now...

As for the TQ, give me a break, you should be comparing TQ curves and numbers to an S2000, and NOT the IS-F.

Peter <--- not scared to hide behind a keyboard forum name

You are going to give yourself a heart attack over there, not that I care.

I am trying to be reasonable but you seem to be more interested in being an ******* with a keyboard. Why wait for TX2K9, if you would be willing to meet half way we can run our cars as soon as you would like. But, perhaps YOU would like to hide behind your keyboard instead?

You really should stop running your mouth about torque this torque that. Oh ya, the Lexus peak torque figures look sooo nice on paper. The ISF does not make peak torque until 5200 RPM anyway! The M3 hits its torque peak much lower and MAINTAINS it to redline. That test of the ISF with 114 vs. the M3's 113 trap, which car was faster to 100 and 150? The M3 beat it to both marks, the only reason the IS had the 1 mph was due to the M3's shift. The manual M3 sedan pulled it down low anyway running a 12.6 vs. a 12.8 for the ISF and UP TOP top 150. So much for your from a roll a theory. THE 7 SPEED DCT WILL SPANK IT, enough is enough. The DCT tranny is enough to bridge the gap to the C63, BIG DIFFERENCE. I had a few runs today in my car vs. sturdy competition, I know exactly where I stand and I am calling you the **** out. Lets meet up and do this, I don't care where you are.

As for the guy talking about running an ISF with his RS4 (the redheaded stepchild of the bunch) and somehow relating that to an M3 running get real. You are really reaching for anything you can if you feel THAT is supporting your argument. The RS4 is a fantastic vehicle but straightline speed with this bunch is not what it is about. I would rather have that car than the ISF though.

Last edited by houstonT; 08-27-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Yea, post 22, that has nothing to do with me dingbat!!!!! As for your M5, yes, I would LOVE to challenge YOU. As a matter of fact, I challenge ANY CAR you have... We can go from a dig and from a roll....the catch is that I will post the video of me spanking you all over the internet...deal?

Oh and I forgot to mention, I'll be running my toy car, and not my daily driver...

Peter
p.s. of course the gas alone for the Supra is not worth it to spank the cars you have...it just goes to show you how RIDICULOUS you challenging my IS-F in your M5 is, especially since I've not said one negative thing about the M5...you wanna play this game, let's go...I'll bring the 2-door...

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
houstonT the comment about the M5 came from your cohort h20tt. This was stated on post #22 on this thread.
Mr. h20tt I definitely would love to run into you in the highway so I can rip your lungs out.

Mr. houstonT I will not apologize because you make statements to me to go and crawl back under a rock, well buddy to heck with you.

I do not know why I should even give a **** about this, but you are wrong.
I have not seen a single believeable / valid video relating to the M3 and IS-F.
houstonT please go ahead and throw your hat in the fray in the Houston / Dallas / Ft. Worth with the forum. You will get competition.
And if you want to challenge an M5 I am more than willing.

There is so much I can discuss but bottomline I do not give a **** what you think.

See ya buddy

Ranger

Old 08-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Not so much, I am just enjoying making you look like a hypocrit! As for "calling me the **** out", you ******bag, I already called YOU out and put up $1,000, how are you now calling me out???? You have a PERSONAL invite to TX2K9, if not, come down sooner, i'm ready right now... Right now...

As for the TQ, give me a break, you should be comparing TQ curves and numbers to an S2000, and NOT the IS-F.

Peter <--- not scared to hide behind a keyboard forum name
How convenient, I have to come to you right? Like I said, meet in the middle, 1,000 dollars is fine. Shut your mouth and step up the plate little man.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Hahhhhahhahah, outsmarted, and having NOTHING of substance to say now???? You are resorting to "shut your mouth....little man..."??? You don't know me nor do you know anything about me, don't start the keyboard warrior crap, it's really really really pathetic... Having dealt with jokes like you in the past, I know you won't show and will continue this keyboard warrior bit, but let's give it a go...

El Paso, TX is 750 miles from me, this Saturday (8/30), let's meet at 4pm. You pick a place on the outskirts of town so that we can line them up on an open road. If you'd like we can go top speed as well but we both know how that will end with your speed limiter...

Peter

How convenient, I have to come to you right? Like I said, meet in the middle, 1,000 dollars is fine. Shut your mouth and step up the plate little man.

Last edited by houstonT; 08-27-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Hahhhhahhahah, outsmarted, and having NOTHING of substance to say now???? You are resorting to "shut your mouth....little man..."??? You don't know me nor do you know anything about me, don't start the keyboard warrior crap, it's really really really pathetic... Having dealt with jokes like you in the past, I know you won't show and will continue this keyboard warrior bit, but let's give it a go...

El Paso, TX is 750 miles from me, this Saturday (8/30), let's meet at 4pm. You pick a place on the outskirts of town so that we can line them up on an open road. If you'd like we can go top speed as well but we both know how that will end with your speed limiter...

Peter
Seems you would rather be a keyboard jockey.

Maybe you should take a look at a map? Is El Paso in the middle? It is still closer to you, even a Texan should be able to figure out a map.

I was thinking more along the lines of Arizona, maybe New Mexico to be a bit more fair on neutral turf. What about an excuse to go to Vegas?

Last edited by CURI0; 08-27-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
RyanAllison is on a distinguished road
Wow this has entertained me at work for the longest time. You two are seriously amazing. Reminds me of E46 Fanatics when people used to battle over 330ci Supercharged vs. M3.

If I can be the rational mind here since both of you(although you may not be) seem quite heated about this whole ordeal.

I think it is clear that you both think that your cars are great. I agree, both are purpose built speed machines which will outperform 98.9% of all vehicles on the road & track(not a magazine pun I promise).

That being said I hope that you know that 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot...but I digress..

The IS-F is a formidable opponent to the M3. The M3, along with many other BMW models, are considered the benchmark when it comes to the all around package of performance, luxury, handling, and class...etc etc..etc... Which I think is the point CURIO is trying to convey, but has been lost in the translation of analyzing Dyno charts to show the superiority of engineering by the BMW engine for making the power it does given its size vs. that of a larger displacement engines i.e. RS4, C63, and IS-F

But the reason we have different makes and models with different setups is for competition! It should not discount the ability and power of these said competitors. Although one can argue that squeezing power out of a lower displacment engine is super impressive, thelarger displacement engines or those with a blower on them can perform just as well.

Given the cars similar hp output ( per the posted dyno results I believe it was 5-6 whp difference give or take a few) The cars should perform rather similarly "in a straight line." It seems it can be anyone's race. Given the information I have personally seen in publications the M3, although it traps lower, has a faster 1/4 than the IS-F. Anyone who knows what trap means though, understands that this may mean the car is faster. This is the arguement at hand which has long been forgotten in the last 4 pages of the thread.

So rather than have name calling/who's got the bigger stick war that could go on for days...lets both agree that each others cars a fast, great performers, and that on any given day, either one could be the winner!

Hope that this helps.

Also for Houston...who may see my sig and think I'm being biased...I have no preference. I'm a BMW enthusiast but have massive respect for the IS-F...that said I have yet to drive either of the cars and I dont' believe a Butt-Dyno can really determine how fast one might be. So please boys, stop with the bickering...lets accept that we are all passionate about our cars and move on. This type of convo should be left for the ricers w/ B18s to battle.

Stay Classy San Diego.

-Ryan Allison

Old 08-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RyanAllison
Wow this has entertained me at work for the longest time. You two are seriously amazing. Reminds me of E46 Fanatics when people used to battle over 330ci Supercharged vs. M3.

If I can be the rational mind here since both of you(although you may not be) seem quite heated about this whole ordeal.

I think it is clear that you both think that your cars are great. I agree, both are purpose built speed machines which will outperform 98.9% of all vehicles on the road & track(not a magazine pun I promise).

That being said I hope that you know that 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot...but I digress..

The IS-F is a formidable opponent to the M3. The M3, along with many other BMW models, are considered the benchmark when it comes to the all around package of performance, luxury, handling, and class...etc etc..etc... Which I think is the point CURIO is trying to convey, but has been lost in the translation of analyzing Dyno charts to show the superiority of engineering by the BMW engine for making the power it does given its size vs. that of a larger displacement engines i.e. RS4, C63, and IS-F

But the reason we have different makes and models with different setups is for competition! It should not discount the ability and power of these said competitors. Although one can argue that squeezing power out of a lower displacment engine is super impressive, thelarger displacement engines or those with a blower on them can perform just as well.

Given the cars similar hp output ( per the posted dyno results I believe it was 5-6 whp difference give or take a few) The cars should perform rather similarly "in a straight line." It seems it can be anyone's race. Given the information I have personally seen in publications the M3, although it traps lower, has a faster 1/4 than the IS-F. Anyone who knows what trap means though, understands that this may mean the car is faster. This is the arguement at hand which has long been forgotten in the last 4 pages of the thread.

So rather than have name calling/who's got the bigger stick war that could go on for days...lets both agree that each others cars a fast, great performers, and that on any given day, either one could be the winner!

Hope that this helps.

Also for Houston...who may see my sig and think I'm being biased...I have no preference. I'm a BMW enthusiast but have massive respect for the IS-F...that said I have yet to drive either of the cars and I dont' believe a Butt-Dyno can really determine how fast one might be. So please boys, stop with the bickering...lets accept that we are all passionate about our cars and move on. This type of convo should be left for the ricers w/ B18s to battle.

Stay Classy San Diego.

-Ryan Allison
I agree with you wholeheartedly but my point along with what you stated is the M3 coupe with DCT is faster than the ISF in every category. The only way to settle it is to meet up and run.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:37 PM
You NEVER cease to amaze me!!!!

Anaheim Hills,CA to Houston, TX = 1,526 miles
1/2 the distance would be about 763 miles
Anaheim Hills, CA to El Paso, TX = 777 miles

LORD GOD, please tell me that in person you are not this big of a dumbass!!!!!! Sooooooooooo, like I said, El Paso this Saturday? Or are you going to find a reason to back out and live up to your "keyboard warrior" status?????

Peter

Seems you would rather be a keyboard jockey.

Maybe you should take a look at a map? Is El Paso in the middle? It is still closer to you, even a Texan should be able to figure out a map.

I was thinking more along the lines of Arizona, maybe New Mexico to be a bit more fair on neutral turf. What about an excuse to go to Vegas?

Old 08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned
You NEVER cease to amaze me!!!!

Anaheim Hills,CA to Houston, TX = 1,526 miles
1/2 the distance would be about 763 miles
Anaheim Hills, CA to El Paso, TX = 777 miles

LORD GOD, please tell me that in person you are not this big of a dumbass!!!!!! Sooooooooooo, like I said, El Paso this Saturday? Or are you going to find a reason to back out and live up to your "keyboard warrior" status?????

Peter
Buddy, NEUTRAL turf. Not interested in being in Texas, and New Mexico WOULD be exactly half way.

You have been to El Paso you know El Paso, no thanks.

Las Cruces, New Mexico, work?

Old 08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Ryan, thank you for your level headed post. I will make one comment...along the lines of fast vs. quick...the IS-F is faster (as has been proven by the head to head test results) and in MOST cases the IS-F has also posted the quicker ET.

Take care,
Peter

Originally Posted by RyanAllison

Hope that this helps.

Stay Classy San Diego.

-Ryan Allison

Old 08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Yup, just like I figured......another keyboard ****** that when called out back peddles like a *****. I have been to El Paso? Huh? When? El Paso is about as familiar to me as Providence, RI. Sure I've heard of them both, but never had the desire to visit. It's BLATANTLY obvious that you are too big of a chicken **** to step up and show up, so admit to it, we'll call it like it is, and move on...

First I called you out...you back pedaled and tried calling me out???? I then accepted on YOUR terms (meet 1/2 way) and now you have some other excuse... Just give it up...

Peter

Buddy, NEUTRAL turf. Not interested in being in Texas, and New Mexico WOULD be exactly half way.

You have been to El Paso you know El Paso, no thanks.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Banned
Yup, just like I figured......another keyboard ****** that when called out back peddles like a *****. I have been to El Paso? Huh? When? El Paso is about as familiar to me as Providence, RI. Sure I've heard of them both, but never had the desire to visit. It's BLATANTLY obvious that you are too big of a chicken **** to step up and show up, so admit to it, we'll call it like it is, and move on...

First I called you out...you back pedaled and tried calling me out???? I then accepted on YOUR terms (meet 1/2 way) and now you have some other excuse... Just give it up...

Peter
You want to do it, New Mexico like I stated. Not interested in Texas, step up.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:40 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
What did I miss? Wait, I need to microwave some popcorn.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Peter, I've never seen this side of you, lol!!! You're usually a nice guy, lol!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Fantastic 4" ~ e92 M3 vs RS4 vs C63 vs IS-F