BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

***warning*** Do Not Use Vishnu's Ecu Pggyback For The 335

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
As you see the ECU "tuning" was done by Vishnu

Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
think of it this way.

This is a chip built and manufactured to spec. It's easier to mass produce these chips to spec than it is to make every 335 identical to others. As you recall, there were a few reports of them BURSTING into flames when they were first released.

I think, if anything it's more of a inconsistency on bmw's end of the stick. If this was happening to all of them, it would be one thing, but if it were happening to them seldomly, I doubt it's Vishnu's problem, it's the same programing and map on all of the chips.

Not to mention, I doubt the mechanic is looking at the brand of all of these chips available. Oh and why are you taking the stealerships word as gold?

Someone chime in that this has happened to first hand, He said she said stuff is for women.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Jem335i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mitchelrl
He said she said stuff is for women.

Agreed. The claim is worth nothing unless it's substantiated, and I've had some service advisors and techs feed me some lines that made me wish I wore my wading boots that day.

Plus getting the details out in the open will help the market as a whole.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
picus is on a distinguished road
Anecdotal evidence is awesome. I had a friends who's Mercedes stole his TV, which is why I will never buy one.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 PM
win
win is on a distinguished road
So, Shiv would you say, to your knowledge, that this is an isolated incident?
I sort of asked this at the beginning of the thread but nothing/no one has substantiated anything...

Again, this was going to be the very first mod for the woman's daily. Thanks.

Last edited by win; 07-16-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned
CEA 3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marc
BMW has had several incidents and they explained this to my Uncle....it literally melted the cats and fuc*ed his ECU..this was told to him via the Area Rep upon inspection and he told him this has been happening around the country and everytime it is the Visnu box as the culprit.
But yet its being replaced under warranty, because of your "good contact"?

Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned
Installed by NGT motorsport they are a very serious performance shop in N Miami and all they work on is Porsche GT3/Clubsport/RS and race cars..the install was not a biggie..I went with him to BMW where they did warranty the items but they traced it back to the Vishnu ECU and the BMW rep told us they have had several of the same incidents nationwide related to the Vishnu piggyback ECU...no reason to lie to us...
Again they fixed everyone "nationwide" under warranty becuase this aftermarket product was causing it...

Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned
I can not provide those the car is out of the shop and its fixed saw the bill $10k plus being done under warranty..they only did it as my Uncle has bought over 30+ cars from them and trades them as qucik as I do, this is his 2nd 335.

this is a joke.... it has to be!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
picus /// antecdotal evidence...hahah good one.

omar, thanks for the clarification.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Vishnu does make it run richer (compared to stock and AA).

I see 99% positive feedback on the PROcede at E90post.

But I am going with the AA package, personally.

Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CEA 3

this is a joke.... it has to be!
Some dealers tend to try and take care of their customers.... Even if it means letting a few things slide.

Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
You guys must be thick...my Uncles car got reapired under warranty he has bought 30+ CARS from this dealer and they pulled in a favor..the area BMW rep told him they have seen this incident several times and asked him if it had a Vishnu piggyback ECU, the unit had been removed from the car prior to drop off at BMW. Then BMW discovered the cat issue and others with the OEM ECU.

Do whatever the fukc you want to you own cars why would you doubt what I say I have nothing to gain from this as well I have contacted Vishnu repatedly and gotten no CS or response. I am done why help you are all ignorant and I dont need to back this up I saw the part be installed , drove the car and then saw the outcome after it fukced up the car..

Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 PM
CEA3 mr 15 posts!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned
I find it really funny that "marc" is really going about posting this online.

There are no facts AT all from your end Marc, and you have provided us with zero information that would lead us to believe procede really caused this.... not to mention i really dont think "his cats melted, and ECU fried" AT ALL.. and think that someone is just trying to hurt someones business on a public forum which to me is very childish.

please Provide facts on how your "contact" came to the conclusion that procede "did" any of this....

also I find it very weird that this "is happening nationwide with procede" according to your "contact" and yet this is the first we have EVER heard of it and ZERO data on your end to suppor it.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CEA 3
I find it really funny that "marc" is really going about posting this online.

There are no facts AT all from your end Marc, and you have provided us with zero information that would lead us to believe procede really caused this.... not to mention i really dont think "his cats melted, and ECU fried" AT ALL.. and think that someone is just trying to hurt someones business on a public forum which to me is very childish.

please Provide facts on how your "contact" came to the conclusion that procede "did" any of this....

also I find it very weird that this "is happening nationwide with procede" according to your "contact" and yet this is the first we have EVER heard of it and ZERO data on your end to suppor it.
Who is "we"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***warning*** Do Not Use Vishnu's Ecu Pggyback For The 335