BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

***warning*** Do Not Use Vishnu's Ecu Pggyback For The 335

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
***warning*** Do Not Use Vishnu's Ecu Pggyback For The 335

My Uncle installed this unit and had serious issues with his car leading to a new set of cats and a new main ECU thank God he has a good contact at BMW the bill would have been upwards of $10,000 to repair. The tech told him they have seen this on several cars that Vishnu piggyback ECU's have been installed on. I contacted them fot him and they said they would refund his purchase price I have yet to get a return call or email reply since my original contact! BAD BUSINESS IMHO.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:45 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
thanks Marc..
My friend just got a new coupe and thinking about it..
I wonder if these issues are on E90 forum.. i'll check it out..

Old 07-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Good ol $hiv at it again... I warned people about his lab coat wearing, Prada shoe sporting *** back when he was "t00ning" Evos.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
My roommate has a Vishnu Tuned (VT390) Evo 8 and it's a gas guzzling sex tornado of a car. This is the first I've heard of something wrong with their tuning. Have any links?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:20 PM
win
win is on a distinguished road
Oh ****...
This was going to be one of the first mods I'd buy when I got the woman's new daily later this year.

Is this an isolated incident? This is the first time I've heard about anything like this. Vishnu is a site sponsor here as well right?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
I'm very surprised, this is also the first I've heard of anyone having problems with the Procede. Just the term "piggyback sends chills up my spine. I'm going to have to do some serious research if I'm going to invest in the Procede.

Anyone know if GIAC is coming up with anything for the 335?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:45 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
Originally Posted by Marc
My Uncle installed this unit and had serious issues with his car leading to a new set of cats and a new main ECU thank God he has a good contact at BMW the bill would have been upwards of $10,000 to repair. The tech told him they have seen this on several cars that Vishnu piggyback ECU's have been installed on. I contacted them fot him and they said they would refund his purchase price I have yet to get a return call or email reply since my original contact! BAD BUSINESS IMHO.
marc: can you clarify who or what vishnu is? is it active autowerks or someone else...please calrify?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
BMW has had several incidents and they explained this to my Uncle....it literally melted the cats and fuc*ed his ECU..this was told to him via the Area Rep upon inspection and he told him this has been happening around the country and everytime it is the Visnu box as the culprit.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
JP they are a tuner for BMW and Mitsu

Old 07-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Chaseme is on a distinguished road
Old 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
sounds more like an improper install. the device just hijacks signals from the factory ecu. it wont cause it to overload. if it causes the ecu to melt, it has to be the wiring done poorly causing it to short.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:04 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
I think it melted the cats.

Who the hell wants cats on a tuned turbo car anyways? It won't void your warranty.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
this is the first and only supposed issue thus far...

Old 07-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
JP they are a tuner for BMW and Mitsu
And Miatas

And Elises

Because all of those cars are so similar to each other. It's like the doctor who is a brain surgeon, cat proctologist, herbal medicine inventor, and a dentist all rolled into one.

If you need anecdotes, check out the archives of www.evolutionm.net

Old 07-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Crea
sounds more like an improper install. the device just hijacks signals from the factory ecu. it wont cause it to overload. if it causes the ecu to melt, it has to be the wiring done poorly causing it to short.
Installed by NGT motorsport they are a very serious performance shop in N Miami and all they work on is Porsche GT3/Clubsport/RS and race cars..the install was not a biggie..I went with him to BMW where they did warranty the items but they traced it back to the Vishnu ECU and the BMW rep told us they have had several of the same incidents nationwide related to the Vishnu piggyback ECU...no reason to lie to us...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***warning*** Do Not Use Vishnu's Ecu Pggyback For The 335