BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Trade Evo + S2K for M3 Comp Package????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:07 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Trade Evo + S2K for M3 Comp Package????

Fellas,

Im toying with the idea of ditching my Evo (and maybe S2000 too) for an 05 or 06 M3 Competition package. 6speed of course.

What do you all think of this idea? Anything to look out for?

Also, if i do decide to get rid of BOTH cars to get the M3, is having just an M3 as my only car stupid?

Discuss

Old 08-20-2007, 02:08 PM
dannnnny is on a distinguished road
I came from an AP2 s2k and moved up to a M3. Never looked back!

Old 08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
If you can only have one car a M3 Comp package would be a good one.

You'd miss the top down tossablility of the S2000 but love the power of the M3 IMO.

Apples and oranges and all that. I would hate to risk my M3 during the winter (I know decent snow tires would make the car work o.k. but I don't trust other drivers to not run into me when it's snowy )

Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I would totally trade both for that car. That car is perfect to have as an only car. It's sporty and can be used everyday.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, id love to keep the S2000 but then id be paying a good bit in monthly car payments then and i wouldnt know which car to keep in the garage?????

I think an M3 would be a cool car to rock for a while until my GTR comes out

Im looking at the 50k range....any other ideas for that money?????

Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by waffle blossums
Very nice (i love white - def my 1st choice) but i dont want an SMG...and id LOVE to find the Comp package too.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
It's really optioned out...

But when I'm ready, white is my 1st choice too. I say go for it.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:31 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Fellas,

Im toying with the idea of ditching my Evo (and maybe S2000 too) for an 05 or 06 M3 Competition package. 6speed of course.

What do you all think of this idea? Anything to look out for?

Also, if i do decide to get rid of BOTH cars to get the M3, is having just an M3 as my only car stupid?

Discuss
jon,
totally worth it! all you need is a set of 17" mille miglia wheels and winter tires and youre all set, thats what i do in the winter and didnt have a single problem. i would look for maybe 04-05 as they have allowed depreciation to set in, however i would scrap the comp package...youare paying more for cast wheels and the alcantara on the steering wheels gets into bad shape, and also the m3 comp is a little softer on the suspension compared to non comp package cars...so really its not worth the money IMO, esp since your prob gonna mod anyway...also, i like having my radio controls on my steering wheel. if youre after the comp brakes, you can do the full upgrade for 1100 dollars.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:34 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
john another idea for you if u wnat a vert, but an e46 m3 vert and get a hard top...here what i found for you brother...red interior too, your favorite!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...spagenameZWDVW

Old 08-20-2007, 02:46 PM
So no go on the comp package? I didnt realize those wheels werent forged and the "regular" 19s were?! And the steering wheel controls is whatever - id prally throw my Pioneer Z1 in there anyways...but a dirty alcantara wheel would suck...although they do look HELLA-COOL! How much to slap one of those bad boys on a non-comp coupe???

Hmmmmm...the plot thickens...damn...

Old 08-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Old 08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
So no go on the comp package? I didnt realize those wheels werent forged and the "regular" 19s were?! And the steering wheel controls is whatever - id prally throw my Pioneer Z1 in there anyways...but a dirty alcantara wheel would suck...although they do look HELLA-COOL! How much to slap one of those bad boys on a non-comp coupe???

Hmmmmm...the plot thickens...damn...
yea not worth the extra money at all! u can prob do the steering wheel for under 1K...and yes the wheels arent forged...

Old 08-20-2007, 03:00 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't the comp package have a short steering ratio like the CSL also?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trade Evo + S2K for M3 Comp Package????