Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:35 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Cayenne won't start

Hello guys,

Today, I woke up, unlocked my car with the remote, when I opened the door, there was the alarm sound in the car, on the display, it was saying Ignition Lock Faulty, and I inserted my key, turned my car on, then 2 more alarm messages appeared while all the lights on the dashboard on. These alarm messages are:

1) Ignition Lock Faulty
2) Warning Brake Proportional
3) Warning Chassis System

My car didn't allow me to put the gear lever to D, and I had to override the shift manually to neutral to tow it. So, why do you think these happened? My car is at the dealership now, waiting for Monday.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:49 PM
baseballfanz is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear, hope you get her fix. Keep us posted on what they find out.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 PM
They won't say anything before monday since their technician is at training @ atlanta.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:35 PM
uder26 is on a distinguished road
Canberk, wow. I seem to see too many posts with you having troubles with your pepper. Good luck with this man.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:40 PM
This time, I will sell it to anyone who is willing to pay the half of its price. i've had enough

Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope they get it resolved. Be patience Porsche needs a couple lemons to make lemonade. I am sure they will get it sorted out.

I haven't had a problem with mine so far...gulp..

Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 PM
am i the only one who faced with this problem yet?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 PM
sheep911 is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear that. it shouldn't happen to a new car. please keep us posted

Old 02-01-2008, 07:39 AM
993rsr is on a distinguished road
to bad -but these things are happening more often than you think! BUT: Most of the owners just donīt complain in the www .
Maybe I know min 1 car with the same complains....hehe....but normaly it ll start with some stupid things like: -lotīs of fault codes in all of the ECUs and after clearing them everything is OK for a week or so.......HARD stuff to find during a 5minute vist at the dealer.
Could you send me a list of electric-problems during you own the boat? -maybe there is a match with one of our costumer cars.
thx

Old 02-01-2008, 07:42 PM
uder26 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 993rsr
to bad -but these things are happening more often than you think! BUT: Most of the owners just donīt complain in the www .
Maybe I know min 1 car with the same complains....hehe....but normaly it ll start with some stupid things like: -lotīs of fault codes in all of the ECUs and after clearing them everything is OK for a week or so.......HARD stuff to find during a 5minute vist at the dealer.
thx
I think in the forums there is a greater percentage of people airing out their problems with their vehicles. If you go to Rennlist, you'll probably never want to own a Cayenne. Most of the posts are negative. Not many people posting all the time about how their car is trouble free. You only hear about the troubles or the mods.

I prefer this, so that I learn all I can from others experiences.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
What would you buy if you sell your cayenne? Especially if you live at a place where you need all wheel drive cars all the time? With lot of snow and bad weather conditions

Old 02-02-2008, 02:33 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by uder26
I think in the forums there is a greater percentage of people airing out their problems with their vehicles. If you go to Rennlist, you'll probably never want to own a Cayenne. Most of the posts are negative. Not many people posting all the time about how their car is trouble free. You only hear about the troubles or the mods.

I prefer this, so that I learn all I can from others experiences.
...hey: WHO wouldnīt like to!

BUT: If you had already probl before....checked your treads....why you still donīt own a CanBusScanner (they go for 100USD or less!) ?
That would giv you much more Info than the dash and it ll also let you check some things like Brakelightswitches, Airmeters, Gearbox&Engine-Sensors and it would let you reset the system so you would be able to clear the codes -than try it again -than read the first upcoming code......and most of the time you will find it in less than 10min! ....not everytime BUT it really helps a lot and it is nothing you couldnīt handle -they are easy dummy units---just read&clear -but THAN you would be able to get more information from the forum-users cause the information you feed them with.
And with a Cayenne you also could stop at any VW&Audi shop and they could give you an idea as well.
If somebody can read a CanBus -there shouldnīt be a prob !
But again: You need to feed the people in the forums with info to get a result. The same what every Service Advisor should ask you before he connects the Scanner! Most of the time it helps to explain the clients what we do on their cars -and even with no technical interest they can guide us to the problem!
....and by the way: Where did you drop the car? At Porsche or somewhere else?

Old 02-02-2008, 04:19 AM
mudman2 is on a distinguished road
This is the first post I have ever seen describing such a problem, these cars are normally bullet proof, niggles aside

Old 02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by mudman2
This is the first post I have ever seen describing such a problem, these cars are normally bullet proof, niggles aside
yeah wright.....these boats never have a problem .....well than only a regular service will do it.........how many smilies I should drop here? har har

But I think itīs most of the time a problem of the Shop / the Technicians.
(only my opinion! but I donīt wanna discu this here!)
YES there are some typical probl with the (Bosch-System) Cars...like on every Brand there is something to find out.
And YES there are often probl you will never find a solution at the first or second time IN the shop.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately durametric software will not work with 08 cayenne. Is there any other software or tool that I can use with my CS 08?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne won't start