Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hey from UK, One little problem so far :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:52 AM
ivicyrusivi is on a distinguished road
Hey from UK, One little problem so far :(

new member here, so first of all i'd jus like to say hi to fellow cayenne drivers

had a '54 cayenne, and recently upgraded to a '07 Cayenne S! so far the difference is amazing

i have a little concern though, that you might be able to help with:

Today i was reversing parking on a 40degree incline (nose facing down), so i stuck it into reverse let my foot off the break, and the car started to roll foward as if it wasnt in gear!!?! This wasnt such a problem when parking, but when reversing to leave the space, i had to use the break AND the accelerator, to stop myself rolling into the car infront! I'm sure this isn't normal, as this was not the case in the 54 cayenne.
One service center mentioned that the "Porsche Hill Hold" doesn't work when facing down hill, and another service center said that i shouldn't drive it, and to call Porsche assist to pick it up!!

Sorry for the long message lol, but anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Cheers in advance!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Never had any rolling forward problem in my current CTT or ex-CS. It definitely needs to be looked at by Porsche service. Not sure if you should drive it or tow it there.

BTW you should have kept your "54 Cayenne" as it is the only one that was produced.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
oh yea lol, im from UK , 2 registrations a year; it goes 04, 54, 05, 55 etc. - so 54 is second 1/2 of 2004

I'll call Porsche assist i guess, maybe try blag a cayenne turbo s as a courtesy car haha, or a cayman (havent had a go in one yet)

Old 06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Hello buddy,

Let me tell you that porsche hill holder will only work when you are driving forward, when you are in reverse gear, there is no such feature. So, everything is normal, no need to go to dealer.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by canberk
Hello buddy,

Let me tell you that porsche hill holder will only work when you are driving forward, when you are in reverse gear, there is no such feature. So, everything is normal, no need to go to dealer.
cheers for the reply - great to know, but in the 2005 cayenne when facing down a hill, and in reverse it held itself inplace (without applying break) - maybe this is just the engine holding it rather then "hill holder"? But either way the 07 Cayenne S just rolls forward (on steep incline! a not so steep incline it holds it self after a little stuttering).

one thing i have noticed though (although not sure if its related) is the idle rate is 450-500rpm rather then the 800+ normally set?

Old 06-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by ivicyrusivi
cheers for the reply - great to know, but in the 2005 cayenne when facing down a hill, and in reverse it held itself inplace (without applying break) - maybe this is just the engine holding it rather then "hill holder"? But either way the 07 Cayenne S just rolls forward (on steep incline! a not so steep incline it holds it self after a little stuttering).

one thing i have noticed though (although not sure if its related) is the idle rate is 450-500rpm rather then the 800+ normally set?
About idle rate, I don't really say anything because I didn't really looked at the rpm clock when idling, however, 450-500rpm for idling is a little low, it has to be at least 800rpm so that it will idle, but there is the possibilty that your previous cayenne was a six shooter and what you just got is a V8, this may be the reason for the low idle rpm. Also, hill holder is never active when reversing, so maybe you never reversed on a steep hill with your v6 before, that's what made you think that you have a problem with your new Cayenne.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:22 AM
yea the cayenne is a v6, so might be why the idle is different!

As for the rolling issue, its the same hill i usually reverse park on with the v6. The thing is, on slight gradients <20 degrees, it holds it self, so im guessing it's just holding it on the clutch(?). Which would mean the clutch is slipping when on higher gradients??

i'll know more when the service center calls me back, but next time u find urself on a hill, stationary, try it.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM
My experience talks here, I tried already, on steep hills, it rolls forward. There is no clutch on your Cayenne S, automatic transmission works with a different technique.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:52 AM
err oops not clutch, torque converter!

so your cayenne doesnt hold on slight gradients either?