Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
cracked peppers is on a distinguished road
Just found this site tonight and joined - great posts so far, only read last 6 pages.

Will the ride height "lock" maintain untill "unlocked"? I need more than a 29" tire size, and am hoping to leave it there to run bigger tires. I'm an off-road user, so 150+ isn't my thing.

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man

2) If you have air suspension, you can "lock" in the ride height for the truck by turning off "regulation". Just hold the level button up for 10 secs (the same procedure to unlock).

This is helpful if you need to need roll under the truck for a quick look to make sure everything is okay. Or when running in deep snow and needing all the ground clearance you can.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cracked peppers
Just found this site tonight and joined - great posts so far, only read last 6 pages.

Will the ride height "lock" maintain untill "unlocked"? I need more than a 29" tire size, and am hoping to leave it there to run bigger tires. I'm an off-road user, so 150+ isn't my thing.
Yes you can lock it..just press the ride height button up and HOLD it for ~10 seconds and you will see a height regulation has been turned off notice..so it should hold it. I put it at the highest level and lock it while working under the car.

BTW: what size of tire are you thinking? What wheels? I'm on the fence about getting low profile tires and summer wheels or just running a 18" wheel and some Nitto grapplers (another member has some and looks awesome/tough).

Old 11-13-2011, 01:29 PM
es201nj is on a distinguished road
On my cayenne once I start to drive it will turn back on. I use this lock switch to lock the suspension in any height I wish to do so no matter the speed.

http://www.greenmotorsport.us/servle...-and-VW/Detail

Old 11-13-2011, 01:55 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by es201nj
On my cayenne once I start to drive it will turn back on. I use this lock switch to lock the suspension in any height I wish to do so no matter the speed.

http://www.greenmotorsport.us/servle...-and-VW/Detail
Really? I thought it stayed off when switched off....I need to get that lowering module!!

Old 11-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Try it on your Cayenne. I did and it didn't work. I actually bought the module first, then saw a post about just shutting off the regulator, thought I just purchased an item I didn't really need. So I tried it and it didn't work, thought went back to..... cool I got the module.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM
cracked peppers is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
BTW: what size of tire are you thinking? What wheels? I'm on the fence about getting low profile tires and summer wheels or just running a 18" wheel and some Nitto grapplers (another member has some and looks awesome/tough).
I don't want to take up too much time here in this tread - one day I'll start a fresh topic. But to answer your question, I'm thinking Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 275/65-18 = 32" tire. I want to stick with the 18" wheel because after that too much sidewall is lost.

BTW, I emailed Greenmotorsport to see if the module can work for raising the vehicle as it seemed from their web site that the module only worked to keep it in the lowered position.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:03 PM
The module doesn't do anything but lock the suspension in whatever current height you have it set at. Spec Terrain you can lock it there, load level you can lock it there. You will get the spare tire fill display when in use.

Check my posts here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-techart.html

Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Scarpoolla is on a distinguished road
When your air is turned off, you can press up on the tempture switch and it will automatically turn the air onto full blast.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:30 AM
picar20 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Road Runner
There are two additional 12 volt outlets under the glove box area!

The nav/sound system can be turned on even with the key not inserted!

When my key is out and turned on the radio, it turns on but no sound unles I key in the ignition on... Any idea how to make this work with out the key in the ignition?

Old 11-28-2011, 06:14 AM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by picar20
When my key is out and turned on the radio, it turns on but no sound unles I key in the ignition on... Any idea how to make this work with out the key in the ignition?
You should have sound. Are you sure your source is set correctly (AM, FM, CD, etc.), that you don't have it muted, or that you have the volume turned up enough? If you're in a garage perhaps you tried it on XM and didn't get a signal? Play around with these settings and you should be able to get it working...

Old 11-30-2011, 05:28 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
I just love the ski bag in the middle of the back seat......

Old 11-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by cordsig79
I just love the ski bag in the middle of the back seat......
Yea I'm debating on if I just use the bag for trips or get a ski rack for it. Hmm. the only issue I see would be if you have 5 people in the car vs. four.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Yea I'm debating on if I just use the bag for trips or get a ski rack for it. Hmm. the only issue I see would be if you have 5 people in the car vs. four.
I have the Thule Tracker II ski rack on my Cayenne and it works great with the factory roof tracks.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
I have the Thule Tracker II ski rack on my Cayenne and it works great with the factory roof tracks.
I have a yakima rack, just need the rail mounts (pricey too for just the mounts!).

But I couldn't put the bikes up there, or wouldn't want to atleast (Through axle on my mountain bike). Thinking of one of those rear hitch bike racks...and buy the ski attachment.

Do you have a fairing for your rack? If I put the yakima on..I would throw my 48" fairing on too.

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 11-30-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
iSaad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by es201nj
The module doesn't do anything but lock the suspension in whatever current height you have it set at. Spec Terrain you can lock it there, load level you can lock it there. You will get the spare tire fill display when in use.

Check my posts here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-techart.html

Why do you need the module if you can lock the suspension by pressing up for 10 seconds? Or does that only work on the highest height? Currently I have to lower it every time I turn the car on and off and on again.. its pretty annoying and was excited when I read you can lock it... until I kept reading and read your post... please advise

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...