Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:15 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mtnrat
I turn off the interior sonar in the settings. Go to comfort, I think, then alarm and unclick the box. Mine is an 05 CTT.
Finally went and figured this out. Thanks, the pushing the button twice thing wasn't working well. Will have to remember about turning off the level sensor too when I take the ferry.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:56 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I'm going to find out if this really works but read on another forum that if your Cayenne doesn't have auto headlights you can simply swap out the switch and it will work. I ordered a new switch from ECS and will find out when it gets here. It seems sometime in 2005 they installed the light sensors in ALL Cayennes and all it takes is the switch with the auto on selection. Now that will be cool!!

Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jdubbya
I'm going to find out if this really works but read on another forum that if your Cayenne doesn't have auto headlights you can simply swap out the switch and it will work. I ordered a new switch from ECS and will find out when it gets here. It seems sometime in 2005 they installed the light sensors in ALL Cayennes and all it takes is the switch with the auto on selection. Now that will be cool!!
I didnt realize Cayennes came unequipped with this at first but I know that Touaregs can order a "Euro switch" to get auto and separate parking/fog/headlamp control.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by cordsig79
I didnt realize Cayennes came unequipped with this at first but I know that Touaregs can order a "Euro switch" to get auto and separate parking/fog/headlamp control.
No, it was on option something like $600 on a 2005. No idea why someone would order one like mine with just about every other option available and not get the lighting package though. At first I thought $600 sounded pretty ridiculous, but I think that would include auto dimming rear and side view mirrors too which mine does not have.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:02 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
I thought auto lights were standard on most vehicles by 2005. All I know is that when you get used to them its hard to go back to manual headlights. But $600 in the whole scheme of things isnt that bad when you are looking at a $70k plus vehicle.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by gh0stman
I thought auto lights were standard on most vehicles by 2005. All I know is that when you get used to them its hard to go back to manual headlights. But $600 in the whole scheme of things isnt that bad when you are looking at a $70k plus vehicle.
Leave it to Porsche to figure out how to make even more money.

And that is exactly my point about my CTT... Whoever ordered it originally must have specifically not wanted the auto headlights or dimming mirrors for whatever reason. Otherwise I just can't see not adding a $600 option to a $125,000 vehicle.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:14 PM
Well I finally got the switch out but the one I bought didn't work like I hoped. In fact as soon as I turned the key on the headlights came on and wouldn't go off no matter what position the switch was in. I may have bought the wrong switch.

I'll look again and see if I can find the right one.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:17 AM
Thats interesting you might have a bad switch. I noticed on another thread you said they looked different, that could be your problem.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Thats interesting you might have a bad switch. I noticed on another thread you said they looked different, that could be your problem.
I sometimes get in a hurry when I'm ordering stuff too. But apparently there are several variations of the same switch. I read elsewhere that someone had the same issue. Seems there are a few manufacturers and not all the switches work the same.

I ordered a new one from ECS last night, this one is a "genuine Porsche" part so it should work.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:47 AM
BamaScoot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jdubbya
I sometimes get in a hurry when I'm ordering stuff too. But apparently there are several variations of the same switch. I read elsewhere that someone had the same issue. Seems there are a few manufacturers and not all the switches work the same.

I ordered a new one from ECS last night, this one is a "genuine Porsche" part so it should work.
Keep us updated, would love to add this to my 05.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Bama does yours not have auto lights?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by BamaScoot
Keep us updated, would love to add this to my 05.
Will do. Looks like late next week before it gets here. Pulling my ECU tomorrow to send to Softronic! Next weekend should be FUN!!!

Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
Just get an OEM auto light switch. If you shop around you can get it at the same price as aftermarket if not lower. I did the swap and it works.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by racer_65
Just get an OEM auto light switch. If you shop around you can get it at the same price as aftermarket if not lower. I did the swap and it works.
That's what I thought I was doing. But the cheaper version I found is apparently aftermarket and maybe not even for my car? Who knows but I have the proper one on the way and should have it this week.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:58 PM
BamaScoot is on a distinguished road
Bama does yours not have auto lights?
That's correct. And I looked for the sensor thing around my rear view mirror and couldn't find it. Ugh.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...