Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Offroad tires on 17 setup.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
I like it...a bit more meat than the Hankook ATM I have.

On street tire OEM and 22's I broke a belt in 3 different sets of tires.

these offroad makes with thicker material/ply........can take the weight of the sled and still perform for city crawling.

I prefer to keep my 6er with the offroad setup(all show and no go is too silly for me keeping the 22's on it) and Ive been trolling for a turbo......Ive also been tempted for years to get a GMC "Fall Guy" truck for years.

Love being an adult.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Originally Posted by cordsig79
..Ive also been tempted for years to get a GMC "Fall Guy" truck for years.

Love being an adult.

I built this one a few years back specifically to clean and maintain local trails.

LS6 454, 700R4, locked, 4 wheel disc, 37s, beadlocks, all modern wiring, GPS gauges, etc, etc. just no paint yet.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Cole; 04-04-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about

My go to Karaoke song and the background music when driving .

Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Looks great! Your pics have convinced me to do my wheels black. I have the same color Cayenne with stock wheels and I've wanted to do something with them. Not sure I want to go through the trouble of blacking out the a and b pillars and the rest of the silver trim, though. But it does look good. I like the tires, too.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I bet that's some fun to drive

Old 03-24-2014, 03:31 PM
wrinkledpants is on a distinguished road
Late bump.

Cole - did you run those A/T tires through last winter (or I guess this winter, but I'm in summer mode now? I've been contemplating a summer tire, and an A/T tire with an M/S rating for winter and off-road. Was thinking 260/65/18 in the Silent Armor, or the replacement to that tire - the Adventure. Lots of people seemed to love the Silent Armor, and it's probably good enough for the light off-road I'll be doing (the usual rocky approach roads). I just can't bring myself to get a dedicated snow since it can just as easily be 60 degrees down here in the winter. Any comments on how it performed compared to snows you've used in the past? I'm guessing it's fine for slush, snow, wet, but packed ice is probably where it gives it up. I've never seen a tire that handles ice and dry warm pavement equally as well, but chemical engineers are a tricky bunch.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Yeah I ran them this last winter. They are better than your average "all season" but not quite as good as a true snow tire.

I actually ran them all last summer too. I get far more favorable comments from random people with them on than I did with my $7K 22s. So I put the 22s up for sale and have been just running the BFG ATs year round.

Honestly, I barely drive the CTT in the summer anyway. With a bunch of "summer only" type vehicles around the CTT is pretty much a winter only car.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
wrinkledpants is on a distinguished road
Good to hear. I don't think those are M/S rated, so I'd guess one that is might be a bit better on the cold, hard stuff. I might have to go this route. I mean, I drove the Touareg all winter on A/S tires with the backs worn down to the wear bars, and I had no problem getting around the high country. But, I was also down on power quite a bit compared to the CTT.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:16 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I have been running AT tires year round. But now I have gone back to 20" Michelin Diamari's.

I am selling my Turbo II full wheel set with colored center caps, TPMS and TireRack felt covers shod with General AT2's in 255x55x18's. They have worked fine for all season tires in light snow but not as good as dedicated Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires but those would be ruined at temperatures above 40F. The General AT2's were fine in he summer and fantastic off road, in the fields, on the grassy plains, in the mud and on the rocks.

I had a set of new Diamari's in storage which I needed to use now and I don't plan on being in cold weather again or going off road.

Of course, 17's won't fit on a Turbo. 18's will fit everything except a TurboS--got to have 19's or larger for those brakes.

Parting with these for $650. These are the wheels Porsche put on the Transsyberia models.

Last edited by gr8ful; 03-24-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:54 PM
duh
duh is on a distinguished road
Fwiw, my jeeps have always been for offroad, but i threw on some cooper at3s on the cayenne. I didnt want to go big, but went to 235/70r17 to get the load range. Ive loved the at3s ive used on the grand cherokee, and they feel great on the cayenne too. Good enough tread that i can take it down a trail with no worries if inwant to, but for anything serious i have the jeeps.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:51 PM
09RedGTS is on a distinguished road
where r u at?

I would be interested in these for my 09 GTS for use up in Chicago next winter. But not sure where u r located.

"I am selling my Turbo II full wheel set with colored center caps, TPMS and TireRack felt covers shod with General AT2's in 255x55x18's. They have worked fine for all season tires in light snow but not as good as dedicated Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires but those would be ruined at temperatures above 40F. The General AT2's were fine in he summer and fantastic off road, in the fields, on the grassy plains, in the mud and on the rocks.
Parting with these for $650. These are the wheels Porsche put on the Transsyberia models."

Old 04-13-2014, 10:28 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
I would be interested in these for my 09 GTS for use up in Chicago next winter. But not sure where u r located.
His location is located in his post. Top right.