Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New 2me 09 GTS 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:43 PM
Magdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
New 2me 09 GTS 6MT

Just picked up today, a couple of issues, but it was bought right. PDCC, bi-xenon, and a couple other bits. 92k miles yes, but sold and serviced at the same Pcar dealer(N Olmsted Ohio) Enjoyed the 6 hour drive home, everything works...wow does this thing need a 7th gear for Highway. Talk about always being in the power band! A few odds and ends to correct, and a few extra bits to get to make it to my liking.

Lowering links incoming, summer tires found, still need a winter wheelset, winter mats, some kinda exhaust-Sebring responded to my enquiry, and a desperate education on these beasts.

I will be leaning on this forum, and that on rennlist...heavily to assist here.

That is my trade on the left...won’t miss it a bit.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:48 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
unless you are getting a new exhaust for more for performance, look into just removing the secondary cats. ups the sound with 10bhp

the stock exhaust has been great and after 10 plus years of hearing it i still love the stock sound but each to their own

6th on the hwy is wild rpm - such is life

btw - there is a short shift kit available now Vividracing - i have to get off my butt to order but i am also thinking of having the Turbo shifter from my old 997.2 turbo cab retrofitted so want to do these in tandem

Old 01-19-2019, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
unless you are getting a new exhaust for more for performance, look into just removing the secondary cats. ups the sound with 10bhp

the stock exhaust has been great and after 10 plus years of hearing it i still love the stock sound but each to their own

6th on the hwy is wild rpm - such is life

btw - there is a short shift kit available now Vividracing - i have to get off my butt to order but i am also thinking of having the Turbo shifter from my old 997.2 turbo cab retrofitted so want to do these in tandem
regarding the exhaust, I would like more growl, and additional HP gain would naturally be a welcome thing. The Sebring tuning stainless cans are less than $400 a pair, claimed 15hp IIRC...but I need more idea about mounting/fittment before I consider that.

Two things on the short mechanical list;
-change thermostat, it’s stuck open
-fix the slight exhaust leak in the intermediate pipe, before it gets worse. Will get both sides welded up at the same time.

The previous owner was absolutely clinical with any/all maintenance. I got copies of most records since 10/14, need to see what is left. Porsche of N Olmsted has been remarkably helpful with the service they performed on the vehicle. Thankfully, in the short term...there isn’t a lot I need to catch up on maintenance wise. Major snow storm here in Central New York today, and I have been enjoying playing with the PSM in the snow. Really, REALLY enjoy the rear bias.

Took the opportunity to have my 17 yo daughter practice a little drifting, and some donuts in a near by parking lot. She really likes the GTS. She hated my last two manual DD’s, and rarely drove them. She is way too nervous still, to drive the 993. Hopefully, the GTS will build up her confidence enough.

Thnaks for the heads up on the SSK from Vividracing.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
Followed up with Vividracing...SSK doesn’t fit the GTS.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Right bank pre cat flex pipe section replaced today, High pressure fuel pump, and spark plugs...last changed at 57k according to the service records. Thermostat left alone for the time being, as the code hasn’t shown back up since cleared almost 2 weeks ago.

Way too quiet now...Hanksville resonated secondary pipe here I come.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
that is too bad on the short shifter - i can't even find it on their site now , so perhaps it was an error.

on another note, there is a thread here somewhere in which someone swapped out the shift boot out for one from a 996. as i mentioned, i am thinking of using the old shifter from my turbo cab in the GTS

Old 02-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Cooling system malfunction...back in for the t-stat.

Enjoying the GTS, still laying off the throttle a little, as the rear winters are kinda thin. Looking forward to summer rubber, and really laying into it for grins and giggles.

Lowering links, and resonated cat by-pass pipes going on soon. Next up is headlight cleaning/sealing, and D1S low beam upgraded bulbs(Phillips Extreme 2.0’s) and LED’s for the supplemental high beams, maybe fogs too.

Still sifting thru the manual, trying to adjust stuff. Can’t seem to find out how to enable all the interior buttons- door/window, controls,etc to illuminate when unlocking. Gotta be possible

Old 02-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Dariopks is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Cooling system malfunction...back in for the t-stat.

Enjoying the GTS, still laying off the throttle a little, as the rear winters are kinda thin. Looking forward to summer rubber, and really laying into it for grins and giggles.

Lowering links, and resonated cat by-pass pipes going on soon. Next up is headlight cleaning/sealing, and D1S low beam upgraded bulbs(Phillips Extreme 2.0’s) and LED’s for the supplemental high beams, maybe fogs too.

Still sifting thru the manual, trying to adjust stuff. Can’t seem to find out how to enable all the interior buttons- door/window, controls,etc to illuminate when unlocking. Gotta be possible
Just be careful with cold starts. I am in Canada, love the vehicle in the winter but last week my engine was sounding like a diesel. Probably cylinder scoring... great SUVs until they go cabumm!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:54 AM
i should do that lightbulb upgrade - keep us posted magdaddy.

tip - all the steering wheel functions also work by pulling from the back of the control in case you have not discovered. mine is 10.5 years old and the font on the control button is still like new.

the buttons on the back of the wheel black out the illumination on the steering wheel controls - nice at night when you don't need to use them.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:34 AM
chillee21 is on a distinguished road
Anyone else have a 957 in a 6mt for sale? Found one in Canada but don’t want to deal with importing one if it’s available stateside

Old 11-21-2021, 12:02 PM
smilodon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Right bank pre cat flex pipe section replaced today, High pressure fuel pump, and spark plugs...last changed at 57k according to the service records. Thermostat left alone for the time being, as the code hasn’t shown back up since cleared almost 2 weeks ago.

Way too quiet now...Hanksville resonated secondary pipe here I come.
Hi- Wondering why you preemptively replaced the HPFP?

I have a 6MT GTS as well and I've noticed some mild engine throbbing vibration through my feet after I wring it out and cruising. Wondering if it's leaning out or something. Car has 100k miles, is it time for the HPFP to be replaced if I want 100% as-new performance? Or maybe coils? Supposedly it had a "major service" done about 20k miles ago including spark plugs but not sure about coils.

Worth preemptively replacing the HPFP when I do some mods next?

Old 11-23-2021, 11:02 AM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
congrats on the new pig! looks awesome! forget the low stuff.... join the pig parade