Diesel: Addition of BlueSpark Pro + Boost Control - Page 8 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > Cayenne > Cayenne 958
Reload this Page >

Diesel: Addition of BlueSpark Pro + Boost Control

Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Diesel: Addition of BlueSpark Pro + Boost Control

Old 05-07-2014, 04:22 PM
lab racer is on a distinguished road
Mpg

I have been in contact with Malone Tuning and he tells me that the OEM calculated mileage will be off with a Tuning Box as the ECU does not know how much fuel is being injected with the elevated fuel rail pressure.

Does anyone have calculated MPG numbers after the BlueSpark?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:13 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lab racer View Post
I have been in contact with Malone Tuning and he tells me that the OEM calculated mileage will be off with a Tuning Box as the ECU does not know how much fuel is being injected with the elevated fuel rail pressure.

Does anyone have calculated MPG numbers after the BlueSpark?
See post #29.

Yes the PCM/MFD lies, but it lies just the same with and without the BSP.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:03 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lab racer View Post
I have been in contact with Malone Tuning
This has been brought up once before, and it's still wrong. There's two way communication thru the BlueSpark Pro+ box between the fuel rail and the ECU, and between the boost sensor and the ECU. This can be proven at the OBD2 port.

As far as mpg; after I reprogrammed my box to be compatible with the North American spec ECU, I got a confirmed 37.8 mpg over 110 miles of mixed urban/rural/freeway roads between here and Nashville. Haven't put it to the long haul yet, but last year I averaged 36 mpg of nearly all 75 mph freeway speeds over 675 miles between southern MN and western KY. That was with the Gen1 box, so I expect - over the same route - to achieve in the neighborhood of 40 mpg with this Gen2 box.

//greg//

Last edited by grohgreg; 05-08-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Views on selling a gen1 aside, there is a for sale forum so this isn't the place to post such an ad.

Unclejosh, please delete the content of that post and make your post in the appropriate forum before an over zealous mod thinks this is a ad thread and bins it.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:55 PM
vreynaud will become famous soon enough
Sorry about hijacking/reviving this thread, but I read various threads from you and Greg.
What is the best solution these days for tuning a 013 CD in NA: gen 2 blue sparks ? or has someone programmed a better unit, or at least one that has noticeable gains
Thx

Old 09-29-2015, 07:32 AM
greg_g is on a distinguished road
Still enjoying the benefits of mine. Far from the advertised mpg on the window sticker (19/23/29) I'm getting 24/32/36. Actually saw 39.7 on a 110 mile stretch coming out of Chicago on I55 las Oct. counter-intuitively, you think that economy would come at the expense of performance, but it doesn't. Factory 0-60 time is 7.2, the BlueSpark drops that down to ~6 secs.

I drove a 2016 Cayenne Tiptronic loaner for a few days last week, couldn't wait to get my diesel back. It was slower, noisier, and sucked premium unleaded like crazy (1 was seeing 15 city/22 highway at best). I was used to putting $2.20 diesel in mine, this thing was gulping down $2.95 premium in nothing flat. On the whole, the BlueSpark tuned Cayenne is simply a more refined automobile.

So to your question, this car has never given me cause to even THINK about trying another tuning box.

//Greg//

Last edited by greg_g; 09-29-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:12 AM
vreynaud will become famous soon enough
thanks Greg for the update.
Not really seeking the economy, more so the kick of torquy acceleration, so I guess 8 or 9 settings will be more in the cards for me.
I looked on their website for a remote way to change the settings, that was discussed once as being in the works: Any news on that? by wire or bluetooth?

Old 09-30-2015, 06:04 PM
abatis is on a distinguished road
Last week I got around to sending my Bluespark unit back to them to check for faults. I was getting a weird engine cutout under heavy load but no fault codes on the car. They had me set it back to the C5 setting and I still had the same issue climbing a steep grade with full throttle. No cut out doing the same thing without the unit. They were very cordial and helpful communicating with me and I am hoping to hear something from them in the next week. They had me send the Bluespark wire harness as well as they wanted to check that out.

I really miss the unit as I enjoyed the extra torque and better mileage as a bonus.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:49 PM
dytryn is on a distinguished road
These guys also make a flash tune. Don't know anything about them but the gains look impressive:

http://heinz-performance.com/perform...iesel-211250hp

Old 07-22-2016, 11:51 AM
dytryn is on a distinguished road
The wires on my Bluespark that connect the adapter that plugs into the boost sensor came into contact with a belt and got shredded. Does anyone know where to get a replacement adapter and what terminal tool is needed to fix?