Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Snapped Camshaft Adjuster Bolt = Engine & Brake Hydraulics Failure ?

Old 05-22-2016, 02:44 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
You just joined to tell us this. I think if you would have joined when you purchased the car, you'd be ready for everything these cars throw our way.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your issues. I'm not a fan of lexus. Styling is so drab.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:27 PM
kar
kar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by boxs1
I have Replace the 2 Camshaft adjusters,
and Now i have misfire cyl. 7 and sometimes the engine is shaking !
i have check the compression and its low on cylinder 7 ! but sometime the engine runs fine sometime is shaking ! that's strange
Now we are not sure is it bent valve or bent Lifters after the Camshaft Problem on the Intake Bank2
Any advice !
Start with a compression test and if low
do a leak down test

Old 05-24-2016, 04:26 AM
boxs1 is on a distinguished road
Same here ,
Porsche refuse to make a goodwill
Even the Pipe was out to !

Old 05-24-2016, 05:39 AM
sterz is on a distinguished road
Same here ,
Porsche refuse to make a goodwill
Even the Pipe was out to !
how many miles did you have on the car when it happened?

Old 05-24-2016, 09:01 AM
amablemiguel will become famous soon enough
I replaced my bolts as soon as the SB came out explaining the issue. Just one thing, if there's a known issue you know is causing a trouble to others why not address it before sitting and waiting for it to happend? Ok it'll be replaced under warranty, but it's the engine that's going to be replaced. That's about a month or 2 depending on how the shop is with other works.

I would say, if your 958 CTT has still not gone into service for this, don't wait. Better spend some than spend a lot or be left without it for 2-3 months.

As for the coolant pipe, never heard of it on 958 until now, I have 88,000km on my 2011 958 CTT. Even my engine is modified and have no issues since new except for the Thermostat housing which Porsche addresses right away. Other than tha just Brake pads, oil & filter and pollen filter. I recently changed my differential oil, serpentine belt, tension pulley, idler pulley, tensioner and all bolts and caps. Also first bushing service for front and rear axle. I have my first semi rupture front right air suspension, not so severe, but must be addressed soon or it'll be a $2,000+ expense only on the Air Compressor. Other than that this is the best SUV I've ever owned. All this is cheap compared to a Range Rover Sport or BMW X5/X6...

Old 05-25-2016, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by sterz
how many miles did you have on the car when it happened?
130 000 km not that much
But i didn't know about the problem with the Camshaft adjustment .
if I know it i will change them preventive !
Now i have problem with with the Bent Valves because of that Camshaft stop turning the camshaft and Piston hit the Valves!

Old 05-25-2016, 07:52 AM
amablemiguel will become famous soon enough
130 000 km not that much But i didn't know about the problem with the Camshaft adjustment . if I know it i will change them preventive ! Now i have problem with with the Bent Valves because of that Camshaft stop turning the camshaft and Piston hit the Valves!
ouch! Yeah that's why I try and keep asking for SB's to the Porsche dealer or checking online. I didn't know either and heard of it after I saw 5 turbos on the shop. All needing new engines. The funny part is that I drive hard my CTT, is modified and never had the issues on the bolts which for my driving style I was told that it was an special case since others are not hard core drivers on their Cayennes and most of them are 2012-14 models with either less KM on the odometer than I. I went ahead of this situation since I heard is so bad.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by amablemiguel
ouch! Yeah that's why I try and keep asking for SB's to the Porsche dealer or checking online. I didn't know either and heard of it after I saw 5 turbos on the shop. All needing new engines. The funny part is that I drive hard my CTT, is modified and never had the issues on the bolts which for my driving style I was told that it was an special case since others are not hard core drivers on their Cayennes and most of them are 2012-14 models with either less KM on the odometer than I. I went ahead of this situation since I heard is so bad.
Poor Quality for expensive car ! maybe coz VAG corporation!
the Camshaft problem are from 2009 to 2012

Old 05-25-2016, 03:35 PM
Procera is on a distinguished road
UPDATE: My SA called me and told me the repair (sheared cam adjuster bolts) were 100% covered under the emissions warranty. How this is an emissions thing I don't know but I don't care if they are covering it.

Last edited by Procera; 05-25-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Procera
UPDATE: My SA called me and told me the repair (sheared cam adjuster bolts) were 100% covered under the emissions warranty. How this is an emissions thing I don't know but I don't care if they are covering it.
Great !

Old 05-25-2016, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by kar
Start with a compression test and if low
do a leak down test
I did Both test and i have low compression and i have the leak !

But once i run the car the engine sometime is shaking a little bit and sometimes stops shaking !

I will try to check the Lifters first before start take out the head !
what you think , Kar ?

Old 05-26-2016, 03:47 AM
kar
kar is on a distinguished road
I did Both test and i have low compression and i have the leak !

But once i run the car the engine sometime is shaking a little bit and sometimes stops shaking !

I will try to check the Lifters first before start take out the head !
what you think , Kar ?
When you say low compression how low and you said a leak is it leaking back up the intake? Did you use the right tools to set the timing

Old 05-26-2016, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by kar
When you say low compression how low and you said a leak is it leaking back up the intake? Did you use the right tools to set the timing
Yes i did the timing with the special tools from Porsche !

I try on other cylinder compression around 18 psi

The sick cylinder compression give not more then 14 psi

The leak i made from the Liquid Gas i put inside the intake cylinder you can see it on the photo

thanks for advice

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ENGINE -11.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	449588  
Old 05-26-2016, 10:14 PM
sterz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by amablemiguel
I replaced my bolts as soon as the SB came out explaining the issue. Just one thing, if there's a known issue you know is causing a trouble to others why not address it before sitting and waiting for it to happend? Ok it'll be replaced under warranty, but it's the engine that's going to be replaced. That's about a month or 2 depending on how the shop is with other works.

I would say, if your 958 CTT has still not gone into service for this, don't wait. Better spend some than spend a lot or be left without it for 2-3 months.

As for the coolant pipe, never heard of it on 958 until now, I have 88,000km on my 2011 958 CTT. Even my engine is modified and have no issues since new except for the Thermostat housing which Porsche addresses right away. Other than tha just Brake pads, oil & filter and pollen filter. I recently changed my differential oil, serpentine belt, tension pulley, idler pulley, tensioner and all bolts and caps. Also first bushing service for front and rear axle. I have my first semi rupture front right air suspension, not so severe, but must be addressed soon or it'll be a $2,000+ expense only on the Air Compressor. Other than that this is the best SUV I've ever owned. All this is cheap compared to a Range Rover Sport or BMW X5/X6...
Which service bulletin was it? I checked the 2012 SBs and didn't see anything for a camshaft

Old 05-27-2016, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by sterz
Which service bulletin was it? I checked the 2012 SBs and didn't see anything for a camshaft

WC-22 campaign

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Snapped Camshaft Adjuster Bolt = Engine & Brake Hydraulics Failure ?