Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Convert TailLights Cayenne 958.1 to 958.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Elberoth is an unknown quantity at this point
I have actually bought a complete 958.2 bumper - with parking sensors, lights and all wiring. There are 4 plugs on the driver's side and 2 on the passenger's side:

- The 2 on the passenger's side are fog light and parking sensor
- The 4 on the driver's side are fog light, parking sensor and 2 which go back to the car wiring (pic below)

Would those two plugs fit the existing 958.1 wiring ?

Old 04-07-2018, 01:15 PM
LAwR is on a distinguished road
For fog you need wires from pins 1 and 9 from tail lights connector like I told you.

Don't know if parking sensors connector will work. Maybe.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:00 PM
I had a bit of time today to play with the taillights fitment a bit, as it keeps bothering me.

As I mentioned before, the new 958.2 tails stick out a good bit:

You said you have trimmed (cut) the metal bracket holding the rear end of the light:

What I've noticed today, is that the trimming is not necessary and will not solve the problem. I have removed the black plastic mount from the metal bracket, and after that the taillight **** completely flush - the bracket IS NOT holding it from fitting flush.

Metal bracket with plastic mount:

Plastic mount removed:

The pin at the far end of the taillight that goes into that mount:

With the plastic mount removed - the taillight fits perfectly flush.

I thought that maybe there is some form of regulation present on the taillight assy - but the pin that goes into that mount is round and symmetric. I have hoped that maybe turning it will make the taillight go deeper, but no cigar.

IMO the only way is to take a drill and enlarge the hole in the metal bracket, so that the grommet could go 2-3mm towards the car. That would make the hole oval, but maybe the tail will not stick out once pushed in If it does, then some welding may be necessary on the opposite side to make the new hole round again.

Last edited by Elberoth; 04-10-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I'd look at the plastic mount that's used on the new series.. perhaps the design was changed to let the ball seat deeper.

Are you certain that the ball has gone into the mount and was captured? It can take a good shove to seat them.. (a bit of grease on the ball won't hurt - and will lessen the force required.)

Old 04-09-2018, 01:19 PM
I'm sure it is seated correctly, as there is a noticable 'click' when you push it in. I have tried reinstalling the old pre-FL taillight and it clicks the same. The only difference is the old one does not stick out.

With the plastic mount removed, there is enough left to right movement to make it sit flush (when you push it max left) and stick out about 6mm (when you pull it max right). When you insert the plastic mount into the metal bracket back, the ball is centered and the tail sticks out ~3mm.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:15 AM
Progress update.

The guys at the workshop managed to sort out the tailights sticking out issue somehow (I will learn exactly how it was done and will post) and put the new FL tailgate on. The only problem we have now is the power tailgate feature is not working - you can only hear a beep after pressing the close button. Since we have reused the old wiring, I hope the tailgate will only need some programming.

We are gonna put the old tailgate window today, and hopefully tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, I will be able to go to the guys that will fix the wiring for the remaining main tailgate lights (we have already fixed the stop and licence plate lights) and for the fog lights.

We also got some missing parts from Porsche today, namely new P O R S C H E logo for the tailgate, 2 missing bumper brackets and 2 missing taillight covers.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:33 PM
I had some issues with tail gate too. But after all was putting back on it, me made manual set up, that means open maximum tail gate, press It down to close it slowly, then again open it and press close button for few seconds until you will hear that beep.
Also made a calibration with PIWIS and everything was ok.

For tail light, I think they resolved it with a hammer. You need that plastic there. Don't want to be metal on metal.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the tip. We will try it tomorrow.

We did use the plastic mount.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Update:

The power tailgate is not working as it should. When you push the open button, it opens, but only about 5" and then beeps and stops. You have to press the open button again to fully open the tailgate. It closes normal, without any issues.

I have tried to open and close it manually a few times than have holded the close button untill I have heard the beep - but so far no luck.

Any ideas before I go to the stealership and pay $x00 to have this fixed ?

Old 04-17-2018, 11:51 PM
Put everything back on it. To have normal weight.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:01 AM
OK, I will try to do that.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:14 AM
We did the electrical work today. Thanks to LAwR's instructions, it was a breeze. All lights work.

Important tip: the rear fogs only work when the tailgate is closed. We spend at least 30 min trying to figure out why the fogs do not work, only to discover (by pure accident) that you have to close the tailgate first ... All other lights work with the tailgate open or closed - it doesn't matter for them. It is only the fogs.

Unfortunately, we have also discovered that the tailgate lights (the ones that came with the tailgate) are from ... the US spec car. They do not have the orange indicators of EU cars. I have already bought the EU ones, but thay are to arrive early next week.

BTW - if anyone is interested in the NA inner tails - I can sell them for $180 + shipping. This is what I have paid for them. But one would have to be quick, as I'm shipping them back to the seller on Tuesday.

The lights for sale:

Last edited by Elberoth; 04-19-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Haha. Yes, I know about closing trunk and fog lights. My guys had same "problem" but only for few mins, after everything was finish.

You have to change steering wheel next.
Need steering wheel, airbag and adapter from gpsadapter.eu

Old 04-19-2018, 12:36 PM
The FL steering wheel looks dope. How much have you paid for one ? Is that a new one or used ? Are you getting that aftermarket adapter to make it work or are you gonna do the wiring yourself ?

Old 04-19-2018, 02:14 PM
I got it from Ebay.

Steering wheel with heating around 500 usd auction won. I also got all door and central handles, armrest and gear selector.

Airbag 450 euro.
All was new.

Buttons work only with this adapter. Isn't about wires, it's about coding and CPU signals.
I installed by around 6 mths. Everything works perfect, plug and play. Only a little modification at new steering wheel heating button. Made it by myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.