Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Retrofit/Conversion: Cayenne Turbo to Cayenne Turbo S - E81 PowerKit [PICS]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:19 AM
bdtzmaru is on a distinguished road
NICE! You need to put up a video of this beast in action at the track......and no more 1080 degree shots, or you might get flamed again .

Can you do us a favor and give us an itemized list of the "kit" you put together (along with part numbers)?

Old 08-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silverbullet69
Looks nice and sounds even better. Whats next Air flow upgrade? any dyno or better still QTR mile trips planned?
Next air flow upgrade is larger intercooler charge-pipes and larger intake plenum. If I can find a good deal on a used EVOMS intake, I would do that as well. Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of?

Will be going both to the dyno and quarter-mile track this season. Just a matter of timing.

Originally Posted by s4treg
Can you PM me? I'm interested. I'll shoot you my email. Thanks!
Sure - no worries. I am sure we can work something out. I would love to see more creative modding for Cayennes. In addition to others having fun and getting their hands dirty.

Originally Posted by s4treg
It's just...beautiful. You have to get this car in a magazine so more of the world can see it. I've never seen an individual without going with a "package" (TechArt, etc) do this much work, on their own, to a Cayenne.

Myself, I wouldn't have the courage to try most of these things, not to mention time and funds. I'm beyond happy to see someone like you doing this so the rest of us can see and learn. Thanks.
Wow.. thanks a lot for the appreciation! It means a lot to me - seriously. I try to earn my screen name by having a diverse set of skills, so it is great when someone actually appreciates it.

I feel like it is against the status-quo to actually work on your own Porsche.

Now that you mention it, maybe I will submit my CTT(S) to a few magazines - who knows, right? It definitely would be a cool story to tell.

Originally Posted by bdtzmaru
NICE! You need to put up a video of this beast in action at the track......and no more 1080 degree shots, or you might get flamed again .
Thanks! I will post a video when I hit the quarter mile track in the next couple of months. Debating on whether I should wait for the larger chargepipes/plenum and let the ambient temps drop as fall approaches or go to the track sooner to appease my impatient side.

Suggestions?

Originally Posted by bdtzmaru
Can you do us a favor and give us an itemized list of the "kit" you put together (along with part numbers)?

I could, but Porsche already has an excellent itemized list for the E81 upgrade that I provided a link to in my original post - way better than I could provide with diagrams and illustrations. Here is the link again.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 08-24-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
bdtzmaru is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Next air flow upgrade is larger intercooler charge-pipes and larger intake plenum. If I can find a good deal on a used EVOMS intake, I would do that as well. Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of?

Will be going both to the dyno and quarter-mile track this season. Just a matter of timing.

Sure - no worries. I am sure we can work something out. I would love to see more creative modding for Cayennes. In addition to others having fun and getting their hands dirty.

Wow.. thanks a lot for the appreciation! It means a lot to me - seriously. I try to earn my screen name by having a diverse set of skills, so it is great when someone actually appreciates it.

I feel like it is against the status-quo to actually work on your own Porsche.

Now that you mention it, maybe I will submit my CTT(S) to a few magazines - who knows, right? It definitely would be a cool story to tell.

Thanks! I will post a video when I hit the quarter mile track in the next couple of months. Debating on whether I should wait for the larger chargepipes/plenum and let the ambient temps drop as fall approaches or go to the track sooner to appease my impatient side.

Suggestions?

I could, but Porsche already has an excellent itemized list for the E81 upgrade that I provided a link to in my original post - way better than I could provide with diagrams and illustrations. Here is the link again.

Aaaahh. In my haste of looking at your pics...I missed the link. Thanks for reposting.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 AM
silverbullet69 is on a distinguished road
Cant wait for a vid of the qtr mile run, +1 on the mag shoot.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:57 PM
GothamCayenne will become famous soon enoughGothamCayenne will become famous soon enough
I disappear for a few weeks and I come back to find this nonsense! lol so THIS is what you've been up to.... nice job, email me, I am curious to hear more about what you think about your new mods.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GothamCayenne
I disappear for a few weeks and I come back to find this nonsense! lol so THIS is what you've been up to.... nice job, email me, I am curious to hear more about what you think about your new mods.
To sum it up, it is disconcertingly fast

Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Wow it was great talking to you and I don't know I missed this thread.... I love what you're doing with it A few more ponies, a better 60 foot and you're in the 11s:P

Old 09-15-2012, 11:07 AM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
You've done great job Renaissance.Man. Good to see people like you spending so much time and efforts modding car on your own. DIY is a lot of fun, but do require lots of mechanical knowledge & experience.

My CTT is also 08 build. Your Turbo S project makes me want to do the same to my car. I found the PN for each part in PDF. Did you get them from your dealer? Buying thing from my local dealer is a rip-off I wonder if any online vendor is selling them. Why you didn't replace the cardan shaft as it is a part of the E81 power-kit?

If I get the new throttle body, does it mean I need new IPD plenum? because the diameter for Y-pipe and TB has increased from 78mm to 83mm.

Hope you can share some information with me.

Thanks heaps.

Eric

Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by loveivs
Your Turbo S project makes me want to do the same to my car.
Great! This is what it should be about!

I found the PN for each part in PDF. Did you get them from your dealer? Buying thing from my local dealer is a rip-off I wonder if any online vendor is selling them.
No, I do not get my parts locally due to the fact that most dealerships work around the 19% markup area on parts . I only buy my OEM parts from Suncoast Porsche in FL since their asking prices are very close to wholesale. So they do not get a lot of margin - they make up for it in volume on a national scale. They have a website www.suncoastparts.com . However, it is somewhat limited in selection. I normally call them up with parts number in hand, give them the part numbers, verify pricing, and pay for shipping to my door (sans tax since out of state ). Really friendly staff. Depending on who you get on the phone, they might not tell you that you can get any part expeditied from Germany. Normally a 2-4 week wait can be reduced to 3-4 days for a little extra

Why you didn't replace the cardan shaft as it is a part of the E81 power-kit?
I stated this earlier in the thread somewhere. I am not sure of the benefit of this part number over the stock cardan shaft. I am assuming that it is thicker to handle the additional torque. The stock CTT is not known to twist cardan shafts, so I am not that worried about this aspect.

However, it if had a beefier center support bearing, then I would most likely be following up on this. Cannot verify this, so I cannot justify this component at this time.

This is besides the fact that is does not "add" any hp and I just got my cardan shaft replaced less than 2 months ago.

If I get the new throttle body, does it mean I need new IPD plenum? because the diameter for Y-pipe and TB has increased from 78mm to 83mm.

Do you have the change the plenum? Absolutely. As you stated, the size of the throttle body opening has changed dramatically, so you will have to put on a different plenum. This is why IPD offers two different plenums - one for the CTT and another for the CTTS. The mounts are MUCH different too!

Do you have to buy a new IPD plenum? No. One of the part numbers listed in that PDF is for a CTTS stock plenum. They refer to it as a "Y-Pipe Assembly" in the original PDF. Part # 955.110.046.60 .

Note that this is a different part number from the standard stock plenum. This one includes the stock plenum, a couple of bellow hose connectors, a couple of clamps, and a new MAF sensor! The price for this assemble was under $250. Individually, I believe the price of the new MAF alone is more than this, so great price.

In comparison, not sure if I can justify the cost/value of the IPD plenum.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to a video. Looks great!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:45 AM
tarik916 is on a distinguished road
Great write-up! Have you taken your CTT(s) to the drag strip? Do you have any before and after performance comparison data?

Old 09-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
I love what you're doing with it A few more ponies, a better 60 foot and you're in the 11s:P
Thanks! A man can have a pipe-dream of being in the high-11's in a 2.5 ton truck, right?

Originally Posted by Enilder
Looking forward to a video. Looks great!
I am looking forward to the video too! Since the CTTS upgrade, the power brake launch has gone from a lazy roll to a much more energetic spinning of all four tires off the line. Nothing too crazy, but much more than a chirp. Lets hope its as impressive as I am hoping for. Should have a video soon for the forum.

Originally Posted by tarik916
Great write-up! Have you taken your CTT(s) to the drag strip?
I am scheduled to go to the quarter-mile track (drag strip) in mid October. I want to try to squeeze in a few more mods between now and then.

Originally Posted by tarik916
Do you have any before and after performance comparison data?
I do not have any "before" performance Dynos since there are many examples of others members posting their stock dynos. Since it would have been stock, all are about equal, so I did not see the point of going out of my way for these numbers. I will adopt the general consensus of stock hp/tq for a CTT.

However, the "after" is a different story all together I plan on taking a full day off in mid-October to get dyno'd in the morning and run a few passes on the drag strip in the evening (w/ video).

The anticipation is mounting..

Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM
tarik916 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man

I do not have any "before" performance Dynos since there are many examples of others members posting their stock dynos. Since it would have been stock, all are about equal, so I did not see the point of going out of my way for these numbers. I will adopt the general consensus of stock hp/tq for a CTT.

However, the "after" is a different story all together I plan on taking a full day off in mid-October to get dyno'd in the morning and run a few passes on the drag strip in the evening (w/ video).

The anticipation is mounting..
I can't wait!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:26 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
will you add tubi exhaust too?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by cordsig79
will you add tubi exhaust too?
No need - I already have a complete exhaust replacement . You can see more details here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit/Conversion: Cayenne Turbo to Cayenne Turbo S - E81 PowerKit [PICS]