Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Retrofit/Conversion: Cayenne Turbo to Cayenne Turbo S - E81 PowerKit [PICS]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 PM
GothamCayenne will become famous soon enoughGothamCayenne will become famous soon enough
Not sure if you have seen it or not, Green Motorsports is building what sounds like a huge (single) FMIC for our cars... I think I may look into getting it... Group buy? lol

Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
tell cole

Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Originally Posted by cordsig79
tell cole

Yeah.....I've been slacking on having the large side mounts made.

Been screwing around riding my motorcycle all over the country. .(14,000 miles since April) Then picked up an S6 Avant for the wife. So my CTT has not seem more than a few miles this summer.

When it gets cold I may start to play with it again.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GothamCayenne
Not sure if you have seen it or not, Green Motorsports is building what sounds like a huge (single) FMIC for our cars... I think I may look into getting it... Group buy? lol

Wow.. that looks amazing!

Full link:
http://www.greenmotorsport.us/servlet/StoreFront

I did notice that it only has one runner to the main intake - not two. And the throttle body mount is a Turbo S - only mount. Interesting.

I wonder why wouldn't they recreate two runners into a y-pipe plenum like OEM? Wouldn't that bottleneck?

Guess I better start saving up pennies in my piggy bank

Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cole
Then picked up an S6 Avant for the wife.
Aww man... For some reason, I really wanted this to read Audi RS6. I just found out how awesome they are modded a few weeks ago.

Pretty surprised that VW/Porsche let Audi release something that could step on a lot of other toes. Although they did price MSRP too high for the Audi brand.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:07 AM
GothamCayenne will become famous soon enoughGothamCayenne will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Wow.. that looks amazing!

Full link:
http://www.greenmotorsport.us/servlet/StoreFront

I did notice that it only has one runner to the main intake - not two. And the throttle body mount is a Turbo S - only mount. Interesting.

I wonder why wouldn't they recreate two runners into a y-pipe plenum like OEM? Wouldn't that bottleneck?

Guess I better start saving up pennies in my piggy bank
I am curious what comes out of this, I'm in if it materializes and at a reasonable price.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Unlike the 958, no need to replace turbo turbine wheels for retrofit
Can you explain what you mean by this?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy
Can you explain what you mean by this?
From some reason, there are different components to the E81 Powerkit that brings performance up to about 550 hp/tq depending on year model. For example on the 955, you have to swap out the intercoolers as part of the complete kit to get the advertised performance gains. On the 957, there is relatively little needed for the Powerkit retrofit. For the 958, you need to replace the spinning turbine wheels (not the complete turbo) with lighter titanium alloy wheels, along with other parts, as part of the E81 Powerkit package. This presumably decreases lag and may or may not be needed for the hp gain.

2012 Porsche Press Kit:

"For 2012, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo can be equipped with a Turbo power kit that boosts the engine’s output to 540 hp and to 553 Lb ft. The kit includes new turbochargers that feature titanium/aluminum turbines and ducts for additional brake cooling."

http://press.porsche.com/vehicles/12...he_Cayenne.pdf

Edmunds -Insideline:

"In June, Porsche decided to stop the production of any additional Panamera Turbo S vehicles and any Panamera Turbo or Cayenne Turbo vehicles equipped with an optional turbo kit, it told federal safety regulators.

The affected Porsche models have two turbochargers with turbine wheels manufactured from a titanium-aluminum alloy. The special alloy turbine wheels were produced by an outside supplier on a small series production line, said Porsche."

http://www.insideline.com/porsche/ca...er-issued.html

Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Panzer is on a distinguished road
Excellent job! I just joined this site as I am looking at doing some upgrades to my '04 CTT. You have inspired me to put my STi on the side burner, for a bit, and give the CTT some love.
It's nice to see another getting their hands dirty with a Porsche. I thought I was the only one! LOL

Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Panzer
Excellent job! I just joined this site as I am looking at doing some upgrades to my '04 CTT. You have inspired me to put my STi on the side burner, for a bit, and give the CTT some love.
Welcome - glad to hear! Put on a few mods, then put up a vid of your CTT vs your STi on a 50 mph rolling start.

It's nice to see another getting their hands dirty with a Porsche. I thought I was the only one! LOL
Yeah.. I promise this is a very small esoteric group. Maybe we should start a new subforum for members who actually turn their own wrench .

Old 11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome - glad to hear! Put on a few mods, then put up a vid of your CTT vs your STi on a 50 mph rolling start.

2000 lbs weight difference between the two, the outcome could possibly be surprising.

Yeah.. I promise this is a very small esoteric group. Maybe we should start a new subforum for members who actually turn their own wrench .
Sounds like a plan. I would be in for that.

Do you have an air-oil separator on your rig? I am in the process of doing a Moroso AOS on the STi and was thinking of adapting one to the Cayenne to help combat the blow-bye. I figured it would be more of a necessity once the boost targets get raised.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Do you have an air-oil separator on your rig? I am in the process of doing a Moroso AOS on the STi and was thinking of adapting one to the Cayenne to help combat the blow-bye. I figured it would be more of a necessity once the boost targets get raised.
No, no air-oil separator right now - although I haven't dismissed the thought. Right now, I am not having to put in as much oil as most people do on their CTT. Last time I checked, I put in a quart after about 4,000 miles. So that is about one every 2-3 months as a daily driver. That is tolerable and I am running higher levels of boost. I checked my boost reading with my Durametric when I was on the dyno and I am peaking at 16.7 lbs of boost. I want to put on a tranny cooler, bigger intercoolers, meth injection and get that bumped to about 18-19 lbs of boost if the stock turbos have the flow in them. Questionable. What are you boost targets?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:13 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Wow,high five..I like
Impressive job showing your turbo who is charge,and making it your biatch
Did not think it was possible to open up and work on these newer engines,with all their 'high-tech' components
Kudos,respect...and thanks for sharing
I never was into mods..or so I thought
Caught the bug a few months ago and decided to go with it
Especially after realizing I was blessed with a problem free CT
First was TUbi,then BMC air filters
Then a GIAC ecu flash and Agency Power diverter valves
Followed recently by(which I feel brought as much of an increase in power) an IPD plenum
Along with some Techart and GTS trimmings,I believed my pepper to be complete..However,after reading this great thread,I am intrigued

Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 PM
No, no air-oil separator right now - although I haven't dismissed the thought. Right now, I am not having to put in as much oil as most people do on their CTT. Last time I checked, I put in a quart after about 4,000 miles. So that is about one every 2-3 months as a daily driver. That is tolerable and I am running higher levels of boost. I checked my boost reading with my Durametric when I was on the dyno and I am peaking at 16.7 lbs of boost. I want to put on a tranny cooler, bigger intercoolers, meth injection and get that bumped to about 18-19 lbs of boost if the stock turbos have the flow in them. Questionable. What are you boost targets?
Since I stopped using Mobil products and went to Rotella, I have noticed a dramatic decrease in oil consumption. I average about a quart every 3k or so. Reasonable as it was like a quart every 1k with Mobil water.

An AOS I believe to be good insurance as it would catch the oil in the can rather than it being sucked back through the intake. Preventing the oil from coating the intercoolers would help keep the intercoolers working at peak efficiency and thus maintaining a cooler air charge.
Keeping the oil out of the intake track, post intercooler, would keep the oil from being sucked into the intake plenum, coating that, and pushed through the heads and back into the combustion chamber fouling all sorts of stuff along the way. This could cause a propensity for knock and the ECU to pull timing in response. At the least, performance would be lost and at the extreme, knock would mean blown pistons.
Getting aggressive with timing, boost and fuel curves may exaggerate this scenario.

Tranny cooler is a very good idea considering the power increase. Wonder why there isn't one from the factory?

Intercoolers are another good step for supporting more power. She may lag a bit with the bigger coolers but may not be enough to notice.

Meth will definitely get you there in the power department while adding some safety against knock. Not my route but definitely a viable option for some serious ponies if one was so inclined. Turbos love meth and alcohol. Sounds like a narc anonymous PSA. lol

I believe you have a TD04 turbo? The only experience I have with them is in the Subaru community. If the two designs are similar, you would be looking at about 1.2 bar or about 17.5 psi max. After that the snail may be out of it's efficiency range.

I was thinking in the realm of 14 or 15 psi. I am more after driveability, taking care of the sluggishness she sometimes displays. Plus, the Nitto Terra Grapplers would hate me.
Finding good nerdy tech about these cars is very hard to come by. Once the time comes, I will consult with Softronics about how insane I want to get. However, right now I am trying to gain as much tech about the CTT as I can so I can solidify my direction.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
General comments:

First, Porsche put a warning on techron. They recommend an oil change within 500 miles of using techron citing some problems with techron eating the bearings!

Second, the CTT comes stock with a transmission cooler.

If anyone knows of a better aftermarket transmission cooler, I am all ears. I tow a HUGE trailer behind mine and would love to cool the transmission down better for hill climbing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit/Conversion: Cayenne Turbo to Cayenne Turbo S - E81 PowerKit [PICS]