Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Retrofit/Conversion: Cayenne Turbo to Cayenne Turbo S - E81 PowerKit [PICS]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaatlee
PianoProdigy,

Do you still have the Cayenne Turbo S 84mm Manifold, Throttle Body and Y pipe for sale?

Jeff
Jeff, already sold, thanks.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 PM
rbb1991 will become famous soon enough
I am selling a brand new Turbo S 84 mm manifold and throttle body, Y-pipe and cover for $1400.00 shipped, only for the US. Shipping outside of the US will have to be paid for by the seller. I bought this power kit from PianoProdigy, but I have not installed it. I accept paypal.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:00 PM
rbb1991 will become famous soon enough
Sold.

Originally Posted by rbb1991
I am selling a brand new Turbo S 84 mm manifold and throttle body, Y-pipe and cover for $1400.00 shipped, only for the US. Shipping outside of the US will have to be paid for by the seller. I bought this power kit from PianoProdigy, but I have not installed it. I accept paypal.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:54 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Digging up an old but very cool thread during some research into upgrading intake on my '05CTT. So it seems that on the 955's there was no upgrade to the throttle body or manifold with the iE81 power kit. So even though they got the bigger intercoolers the intake stayed the same.

Seems like it would be a ripe spot for some serious improvements then, IF there is a reasonable way to increase the throttle body and intake size. But the larger throttle body won't just bolt onto a 955 manifold will it? Couldn't possibly be that easy could it?

Just thinking and asking questions.

Thanks!!

Old 09-04-2014, 04:39 AM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Digging up an old but very cool thread during some research into upgrading intake on my '05CTT. So it seems that on the 955's there was no upgrade to the throttle body or manifold with the iE81 power kit. So even though they got the bigger intercoolers the intake stayed the same.

Seems like it would be a ripe spot for some serious improvements then, IF there is a reasonable way to increase the throttle body and intake size. But the larger throttle body won't just bolt onto a 955 manifold will it? Couldn't possibly be that easy could it?

Thanks!!
I can take some measurements on my 957 CTTS, but I believe the bolt pattern is different to accommodate the larger diameter throttle body. I would add that a larger diameter throttle body isn't going to be worth your effort on a turbo car. You could have a 2.5" TB or a 3.5" TB and the difference in power would be minimal compared to what it is on a naturally aspirated engine.

For example, I've been told the difference between a 957 CTT and 957 CTTS at around the 600-650 hp level is roughly 20 hp due to the larger TB, intake manifold, etc. A 20 hp gain would be sweet on a Honda making 150 hp, but it doesn't feel like much when you're already making 600 hp or so (13% gain vs 3% gain!)

Last edited by loxxrider; 09-04-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by loxxrider
I can take some measurements on my 957 CTTS, but I believe the bolt pattern is different to accommodate the larger diameter throttle body. I would add that a larger diameter throttle body isn't going to be worth your effort on a turbo car. You could have a 2.5" TB or a 3.5" TB and the difference in power would be minimal compared to what it is on a naturally aspirated engine.

For example, I've been told the difference between a 957 CTT and 957 CTTS at around the 600-650 hp level is roughly 20 hp due to the larger TB, intake manifold, etc. A 20 hp gain would be sweet on a Honda making 150 hp, but it doesn't feel like much when you're already making 600 hp or so (13% gain vs 3% gain!)
I think just adding a bigger throttle body you would probably be correct. But I think as this thread shows opening up the entire intake (intake, charge pipes, throttle body....) can make for some pretty good gains. I'm just trying to figure out if I should even look at starting any of this if my 955 throttle body is the smaller version and can't be increased.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:21 PM
m5james is on a distinguished road

Thanks!!
In the BMW world, they went from non-VANOS to VANOS, VANOS giving a little more bottom end grunt. How they managed this is by making the throttle body and intake runners smaller. In N/A applications this is fine, but for boosted applications, it's a bottle neck...so when I bought my 7, I purposely got a non-VANOS engine because I had overall plans to FI it. Dinan sells an FI intake manifold w/ their SC kits for the VANOS engines, which is literally nothing more than a non-VANOS intake manifold w/ a Dinan sticker put on it.

957's are still outta my price range, so I'm still curious to see if/when someone takes a 955 to it's limits. I'm guessing since the 955 and 957 is a completely different engine (other than internal displacement, the DFI, etc), but has anyone measured the intake runners difference between 4.5 and 4.8 manifolds? While displacement is usually king, sometimes lower displacement means thicker walls between cylinders, allowing for ultimately more boost potential.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:38 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
I've extensively looked into intake manifold and throttle body upgrades for 955 (as well as turbo, exhaust manifold, intercooler, intercooler piping, transmission, engine internal, etc lol). There's nothing out there for us and we can't use the 957 stuff because of fuel system differences (we aren't DFI) even though it seems that it would match up as far as ports being in same location, etc.

Maybe we can port our stock throttle body/intake manifold opening, but I don't think the gains would be worth the effort and I'm not even sure if that is possible.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
I've extensively looked into intake manifold and throttle body upgrades for 955 (as well as turbo, exhaust manifold, intercooler, intercooler piping, transmission, engine internal, etc lol). There's nothing out there for us and we can't use the 957 stuff because of fuel system differences (we aren't DFI) even though it seems that it would match up as far as ports being in same location, etc.

Maybe we can port our stock throttle body/intake manifold opening, but I don't think the gains would be worth the effort and I'm not even sure if that is possible.
Some of the info I was talking about above was actually in another thread here, especially this post with the cross section calculations that show the stock charge pipes can't even max out the stock throttle body...https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4052281

But not sure without being able to increase to a larger throttle body the small increase gained by increasing charge pipe size wouldn't make much difference, it would just move the bottleneck to the throttle body itself.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
+1... the fuel rail in the 4.5 will most likely be your biggest issue. However, I am sure if someone was determined, they may be able to port match the 955 intake manifold to accept the larger 84mm TB (hopefully the TB electronics are a direct swap).

If so, then opening up the plenum, chargepipes, and intercoolers would be worth it.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
+1... the fuel rail in the 4.5 will most likely be your biggest issue. However, I am sure if someone was determined, they may be able to port match the 955 intake manifold to accept the larger 84mm TB (hopefully the TB electronics are a direct swap).

If so, then opening up the plenum, chargepipes, and intercoolers would be worth it.
You wouldn't have your old smaller one sitting around would you?? I could at least compare and see if the electronics look the same if I could borrow it.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
You wouldn't have your old smaller one sitting around would you?? I could at least compare and see if the electronics look the same if I could borrow it.
Yes, I have my standard 4.8 TT Intake Manifold and 78mm TB in storage. If you want, I will ship it out to you for not that much. That way you can measure, test, cut, etc with no worries. Just build it into your R&D budget

Send me a PM if interested.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
This is one of my last mods - gleaming the performance adders from the E81 powerkit that you can buy from Porsche NA to retrofit your Cayenne Turbo into a Cayenne Turbo S for approx $20K.

This will add an additional 40 hp and provide much better throttle response.

So since I did all of my homework, I will be doing this for much under that price

According to this P-doc, this is what I will need to add to get the engine performance bumped up to CTTS specs for a MY08 CTT (not concerned with small handling tweaks and 2-piece brakes in kit, only engine performance):

• Replacement primary cats - Presumably less restrictive.
  • Much larger 82mm throttle body and port-match intake manifold - The main power-adder. Stepping up from 76mm TB .
  • Replacement plenum to fit larger throttle body - necessary costs to mate up.
  • ECU tune for more boost - bump up boost levels and other tweaks.

Note: Unlike the 955, no need to replace intercoolers or chargepipes for retrofit. Unlike the 958, no need to replace turbo turbine wheels for retrofit

Coming into this I already had the primary downpipes replaced without any restrictions - so check that one off the list.

I also already had an ECU tune that I am told by Softronics is identical to the Turbo S ECU tune - so check that one off the list as well.

Along with some basic maintenance, I will have to secure the other items. After a little online clicking, waiting, more waiting, it all finally arrived!

Quick preview pics:

Pretty sexy, huh? Stayed tuned.. I will be doing the install over the weekend and will update this thread!
My question is if you buy all the power mod parts from Porsche can you have the dealer do the ecu upgrade so you maintain your CPO warranty ? It seems from the Porsche document that it is only an ecu upgrade not a replacement - what is the cost if you know ?

Thank you in advance

Also - one more question - what did the larger primary cats cost from the stealership ?

Thanks

Old 11-09-2021, 10:20 AM
Fastone2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you still own this beast and if so are you willing to sell? Also I'm trying to Source the intake manifold used in the E81 powerkit. For a 958 Turbo. Would you know where to Source it?

Old 04-04-2022, 07:21 PM
ImHereLive957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Fastone2k
Do you still own this beast and if so are you willing to sell? Also I'm trying to Source the intake manifold used in the E81 powerkit. For a 958 Turbo. Would you know where to Source it?
I think RennMan is long gone. And I'm months late to the party. But I'm also searching for whether or not that Y-pipe upgrade he did is better or the same as an IPD plenum. Also interested in sourcing the intake manifold. Not sure if it'd be any better than what comes on my 958.1 though. As for the throttle body, I could have my factory one ported/polished easily (professionally) to mimick the 84mm or whatever the E81 kit one is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit/Conversion: Cayenne Turbo to Cayenne Turbo S - E81 PowerKit [PICS]