Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Sunroof drain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:20 AM
ekstroemtj is on a distinguished road
Sunroof drain

I Know this is discussed 1000 Times .
Problem with clogged drains. Acces from The sunroof is easy. But i would like to Know where are this tubes ending. Where is the Exit. Somewhere in the Engine compartment? Or this Place behind the Wheel well liner? Thank you for assistance.

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2016, 09:22 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
The front ones drain out of one of the little valves along the lower valence. I think the roof drains are just behind the front wheel well. The rear should come out just behind the wheel well and there are several there especially if you have 4zone climate.

I used weed-eater string trimmer to run through them and clean 'em out. worked out pretty well but I should probably do it again this summer.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:48 PM
Thank you. I will try again. Just need to get the right equipment

Old 05-28-2016, 04:33 AM
I took apart the a pillar trim and the headliner. Could get acces to the hose. Disconnect the hose from the reservoir which is sitting in the sunroof frame. Found a hose with onother green smaller hose inside. This is i didnt know. The green tube was split. Dont think its normal. I used a bowden cable to clean the smaller tube. I can get inside for about 120 cm. Then its stuck. Normal or it should stick out somewhere? I am really dissapointed this cant be solved. Would like ask:

The inner green tube has to be completely inside the grey hose or it has to stick outside and ending in the reservoir?

How to replace the entire green tube if its closed and cant be cleaned?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo694.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	903.0 KB
ID:	449759   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo861.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	934.6 KB
ID:	449760  
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2016, 12:09 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ekstroemtj
I took apart the a pillar trim and the headliner. Could get acces to the hose. Disconnect the hose from the reservoir which is sitting in the sunroof frame. Found a hose with onother green smaller hose inside. This is i didnt know. The green tube was split. Dont think its normal. I used a bowden cable to clean the smaller tube. I can get inside for about 120 cm. Then its stuck. Normal or it should stick out somewhere? I am really dissapointed this cant be solved. Would like ask:

The inner green tube has to be completely inside the grey hose or it has to stick outside and ending in the reservoir?

How to replace the entire green tube if its closed and cant be cleaned?

I can't help answer that. I didn't take mine apart, I just ran the weed eater line down there and then ran some hot water through it. I also pulled the little valve off the bottom of the car and took it in the house and cleaned it in the sink. I haven't had any leaks so it must have worked.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:15 AM
For what it's worth here is some explanation of how to get in a bit further than you already have maybe? http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...r-floor/page-2

Old 06-07-2016, 10:08 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdubbya
For what it's worth here is some explanation of how to get in a bit further than you already have maybe? http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...r-floor/page-2

Hey - that was my writeup.. it's becoming famous now?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Hey - that was my writeup.. it's becoming famous now?

Well I am nothing if not a semi-decent researcher who likes helping others out. I'm slightly active on several different forums but what's funny is your post came up in a google search.

I've said if it weren't for car forums and youtube I'd be taking my stuff to the shop a lot more often than doing it myself.