Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Ask Moe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 06:50 AM
fastm3 is on a distinguished road
Hi Moe. Is there a way to clean micro scratches from the windshield? I assume you'd need something somewhat abrasive.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fastm3
Hi Moe. Is there a way to clean micro scratches from the windshield? I assume you'd need something somewhat abrasive.
There are polishing systems and sanding systems that do the job. Lake Country has a good kit, we've never used it. I've seen others use it with success.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 AM
GS997 will become famous soon enough
Hi Moe,
What is the best way to get all the bleached marks out of the convertible top of a 997? There's a couple creases on the sides where the top folds, and a bunch of marks on the top from the hardware underneath. I tried convertible top cleaner, but it didn't do much if anything at all.Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GS997
Hi Moe,
What is the best way to get all the bleached marks out of the convertible top of a 997? There's a couple creases on the sides where the top folds, and a bunch of marks on the top from the hardware underneath. I tried convertible top cleaner, but it didn't do much if anything at all.Any help would be greatly appreciated
Unfortunately, they're not stains or marks; they're simply wear and tear on conv fabric. There are dyes out there that can do a great job of reviving the top. One that I've used with success is Renovo...

http://store.carcareonline.com/renov...terbottle.aspx

Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Rrkf15c is on a distinguished road
Flex Package

Moe,

Thanks for doing this forum, it's been very helpful.

I've been researching a lot in the last week or so, but some of these posts are a bit old. I saw that you were recently extolling the Nano Technologie Paint sealant. Your Flex tool package comes with Menzerna. Can you give an update on Nano vs. Menzerna? I'm interested in doing the whole "9" (Clay, swirl removal, polish, synthetic wax) and leaning toward glossy finish. It's looks like the Nano product has everything you need minus the clay/lube.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM
jikim83 is on a distinguished road
Birchmeier sprayer

Hey moe i saw one of ur post that u used birchmeier foam sprayer
Do u where can i get one and how much?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
What will be a good way to maintain between details?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Breezman
What will be a good way to maintain between details?
Many different factors will play a role. But having a basic knowledge of how to wash properly and correct product choice for your car and needs are pretty much all you need to focus on. At a bare minimum, get our intermediate wash kit to get started:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...its/Categories

From there just follow a few basic tips:

1. Unless you have DI water, don't wash on a hot day or in the sun
2. Wash from top to bottom and never go back from the bottom up
3. Rinse the wash mitt and car frequently
4. Dry using high quality microfiber towels
5. Use a spray wax to protect paint
6. Clean wheels using a wheel cleaner containing no acids

I know there's more, but that should help you get started

Old 01-25-2013, 07:49 AM
BED997 is on a distinguished road
Hello Moe:

Are you currently recommending the Sonax products for waxing and cleaning a car with clear film (xpel ultimate) or do you use something else? Do you also have a product for polishing over film that you like or do you skip this step? I would prefer to stay away from anything with petroleum distilates for the film, which seems to be in everything out there.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BED997
Hello Moe:

Are you currently recommending the Sonax products for waxing and cleaning a car with clear film (xpel ultimate) or do you use something else? Do you also have a product for polishing over film that you like or do you skip this step? I would prefer to stay away from anything with petroleum distilates for the film, which seems to be in everything out there.

Thanks
I use this on my clear bra in between waxing the clear bra.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical...wac_767_16.htm

Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by BED997
Hello Moe:

Thanks
You're correct in assuming there's petro in almost every product. Then again, it's on the roads too and we drive on them daily. Sonax products are great. We actually use the High Speed Wax in maintaining the film. Simply use it after each wash.

As for protecting the film routinely, we've been applying a nano sealant as this is a product that works very well due to the technology. Since the nano particles are so small, they fill in the pores of the film and form a mesh to protect it. Great stuff.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Cpolish/Detail

Obviously, you can use it on the entire car. Each kit will do 3-5 full cars. If cared for well, simply washing and spray waxing, the nano coating will last 6-8 months.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Moe: What's good for routine care of the plastic windows for my relatively new soft top? I had been using Plexus, but I loaned it to someone and never got it back.

I have the following in the supply closet:
1Z Einzett C**kpit Premium
1Z Einzett Deep Plastic Cleanter
303 Aerospace Protectant

The soft top windows are in really good shape...I just want to keep them that way.

Any feedback is appreciated. THANKS

Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Slik560
Hey Moe: What's good for routine care of the plastic windows for my relatively new soft top? I had been using Plexus, but I loaned it to someone and never got it back.

I have the following in the supply closet:
1Z Einzett C**kpit Premium
1Z Einzett Deep Plastic Cleanter
303 Aerospace Protectant

The soft top windows are in really good shape...I just want to keep them that way.

Any feedback is appreciated. THANKS
If you simply want to clean, ****pit premium from your list will work well. We use Lumiere Natural Glass Cleaner.

To protect, a good wax will do the job.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Yup yup is on a distinguished road
Hi Moe,

Is it possible to remove darkening dirt and oil stains on a beige leather steering wheel and shift ****? Or am I better off replacing these parts?

Old 05-27-2013, 07:45 AM
ryan79 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
As for protecting the film routinely, we've been applying a nano sealant as this is a product that works very well due to the technology. Since the nano particles are so small, they fill in the pores of the film and form a mesh to protect it. Great stuff.
Moe --

Would you be able to provide to me, again, the pad type, pressure, and Flex speed level for the Nano Tech Pre-cleaner and sealant? I know the sealant was a red polishing pad, forgot the speed and pressure.

Any help here on this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ask Moe