Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

ONR Wash help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
mburns813 will become famous soon enoughmburns813 will become famous soon enough
ONR Wash help

Well today I was working on a car and I guess it was illegal to do so and a city worker essentially watched me clay the car expecting me to use water in order to give me a citation. Luckily I had already done the wash but I couldn't rinse off the lube like I would have liked to. Anyways, in order to be legal and able to wash cars whenever I want to I am considering getting some ONR or similar product, I have CG Eco Waterless but it is kind of expensive compared to what you get with ONR. So the question is, how do you clean the wheels with ONR? Do you use a wheel cleaner and then a mitt soaked in ONR to rinse the wheels, or do you only use ONR with a brush or black Schmitt?

Thanks

Old 05-23-2009, 02:01 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
[...or do you only use ONR with a brush or black Schmitt?]

The above

Old 05-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I think the easiest thing to do Matt is to get the mats you drive on and the water is contained. I can call the manufacturer, and get a group buy for all of us. I've been thinking about getting one myself.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
You didn't know using water to wash a car in Florida is against the law?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 AM
mburns813 will become famous soon enoughmburns813 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the info on the Black Schmitt. Moe, PM me a price. How do you clean the water after you reclaim it or properly dispose it? If it is too expensive however, I will just use ONR, I've seen great results and it only uses 2 gallons.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Well I did, but I had never been "caught" and this was my first close call so I need to change my methods I guess, especially on the off days.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:55 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Disposal of Aqueous Solutions
One should never assume that aqueous solutions can be disposed of down the drain. Your local water treatment authority or publicly owned treatment works will have information on treatment and disposal of these cleaners. Adjustment of pH and dilution are usually required before disposal to a drain.

Containment Systems:
One should never assume that aqueous solutions can be disposed of untreated via the storm drainage system. Pending regulations are in place (Clean Water Act and Ground Water Pollution) to limit the amount of contaminated water that is allowed to be discharged into storm water systems (i.e. street vehicle washing)
An innovative and practical waste water capture system to prevent run-off from washing operations indoors and outdoors.

Vacu-Boom is a highly effective spill containment system for many hazardous materials that will withstand the chemicals used in automobile, marine, and aviation washing and refinishing applications that would allow the water to be contained and then pumped into an optional holding tank preventing run-off contamination into rivers, lakes, bays and oceans.
That will be in compliance with the discharge guidelines established by the Clean Water Act and the Environmental Protection Agency and other local regulations regarding wastewater runoff / containment may be the answer -http://www.vacuboom.com/

An extract from one of a series of in-depth detailing articles © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2008, all rights reserved.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
The water can be disposed of on the grass

Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 AM
OK thanks.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned
Envious Eric is on a distinguished road
just get ONR!!! if you come across a SUPER dirty car, caked on mud, etc...tell the person you cannot because you will end up scratching the surface (being upfront and honest = +++) I have only had to do that one time in all the cars I have done!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:37 AM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I've been using DP Wash & Gloss for about a month now. I like it better then ONR because of the smell.