Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Odor removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:14 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Odor removal

Any hints on getting smoke smells out of the car? we recently went on a trip and cigar smoke is now ever present in the car. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JenK
Any hints on getting smoke smells out of the car? we recently went on a trip and cigar smoke is now ever present in the car. Thanks in advance!
Shampooing the carpets and wiping all surfaces (leather, vinyl, etc) with an appropriate cleaner would be a good start. I am a big proponent of Chemical Guy's "So Fast" Odor Eliminator...smells like concentrated green apples for a few days after it is used and slowly fades away to nothing and the odor is gone with it.

I have also used vinegar in a bowl (left to sit for 12 hours on the floorboard) to remove faint smoke odors before.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I'm not kidding when I say this. DrivePur will beat any other product for getting rid of smoke odors. ANY. Works perfect every time.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:34 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Counteractants

Odour Neutralizer / Deodorizing

Many odours are caused by micro-organisms such as bacteria, mould, and mildew. First start by cleaning all the interior surfaces; but remember shampooing alone will not eradicate these odours. You eliminate dour-causing organisms with very specialized chemicals.

Look for stains, if there are no stains, use the process of elimination; it is very effective when searching for the source of an odour; floor or seats, mats or carpet? If the vehicle has velour upholstery, a spill can penetrate on contact. If it is vinyl or leather, it will run to the deepest seam. Pay special attention to the headliner and all glass surfaces

a) Aquartz - So2Pure (CleanAir), this is not a perfume cover-up type product but an advanced high grade air purification coating based on the latest nano-science technology photo catalyst. In the presence of light, active oxygen is formed and excited on the treated surfaces to destroy all micro-sized air pollutants, including petro fumes, smog, diesel smoke, exhaust gases, industrial smoke, chemical off-gassing or VOCs from car fabric, leather and plastic materials, air toxins, cigarette odours, etc.

b) PŪRWorld is a spray application deodorizing product (not a cover-up sent); hydroxyl radicals are among the strongest oxidizing species, even much stronger than chlorine, ozone, and peroxide. They act as very powerful disinfecting agents by oxidizing the cells of microorganisms, causing rupture and leakage of vital composition.
They accelerate the breakdown by destroying the molecular bonds. This will help combine the organic gases to form a single molecule that is not harmful to humans thus enhance the air cleaning efficiency.

Symptom that occurs from prolonged exposure to microbes that grow in automobile interiors, the presence of the microbes causes similar reactions as sick building syndrome. Some of the examples of odour molecules are: tobacco odour, formaldehyde, nitrogen dioxide, urine odour, gasoline, and many other hydrocarbon molecules in the atmosphere.

Generally speaking, disinfections by titanium oxides are three times stronger than chlorination, and 1.5 times stronger than ozone treatment. PŪRWorld provides photo catalyst surface coating for long-lasting effects of deodorization, sterilization, and anti-soiling purposes. Using specialized spray-coating equipments, a fine mist of photo catalyst can be applied on different types of surface material that guarantees the maximum result. DrivePur Protection Systems

Last edited by TOGWT; 10-07-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
thanks! where can I get the drive pur????? Any of you guys stock it?? BTW, it's not my 997, but the Lexus that has the smell and it will also help because my dogs ride in there, too!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I can get some for you. I will call them and send you a PM today.

John

Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
I can get some for you. I will call them and send you a PM today.

John
thanks, I would greatly appreciate it!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:00 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I would also like information on buying it,, cost etc.. thanks