Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detailing tips from Moe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer
Its my number one choice in polishes , im using since 2004 and i donĀ“t want anything more
What products are you using or interested ???

Regards
Hi Racer..

I'm currently using Meguair's #83 and 84 depending on the situation. I'm always improving products and trying to achieve a bit more perfection. I've heard about Menzerna and all the buzz. So now, I think I'll get it and test it out.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Racer is on a distinguished road
Hi Moe

You should test it and im sure you will love it .

I use only their polish line and you can get their specs here :

I use almost all of them , but mostly these for cutting : POS34 for the worst defects , PO91L medium and PO85U for light defects.

I also polish with PO91L , PO85 RD 3.01 (*), PO85U, PO106FF (*) and for finishing mostly in dark colors , PO106FF , PO85RD and ligher colors PO85U.

(*) ceramic clear coat - stays wet longer and are designed for the new mercedes , bmw scratch resistant coatings ( CCC ).

You can look at my portfolio here and i leave here my latest details, a XKR from 2002 polished with PO91L and PO85U.

and a Opel Astra GTC from 2006 , polished with PO85U on the hood only and finished with PO85RD.

Regards

Old 09-03-2006, 09:54 PM
picus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Thanks...I'll order their stuff. Any suggestions on where to get them at a good price?
I get everything but 106ff from detailedimage.com, e-mail the owner George to see if he can cut you a deal. 106ff is $49.95 from just about everywhere, so I just get it from properautocare.com or pakshak.com.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
Moe, I have a question for you. I understand you are out on the west coast, you don't fly out to the east coast do you?

But on a more serious note, you wouldn't happen to know anyone in the washington, D.C. area that you would recommend.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Funny enough Eddie, I'm considering the thought. I would obviously need more than one detail, but down the road when I get a team going, traveling around the US would be a great adventure. Unfortuantly, I don;t know a good detailer in your area. Have you thought of doing it yourself?

Old 10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Premium Sponsor
Just received my samples from Menzerna NA. Also have 2 996 fenders courtesey of GMG. I'll kee you guys posted on my outcome.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:54 AM
TheRogue is on a distinguished road
Moe,

Found this on Google video. It is one of the top detailers in the UK talking about his process documented by Top Gear. Maybe you'd like to identify similar products for us that he uses in the video (*On a Maserati MC12* Amazing, amazing car!) and the process.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...342&pr=goog-sl

Talk to you soon. I'm trying to get my Range Rover Sport lemon lawed right now, so haven't been putting much energy into fixing the paint until I know what the outcome is going to be. I'm getting a 360 spider though, and will have you over for that one soon.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by TheRogue
Moe,

Found this on Google video. It is one of the top detailers in the UK talking about his process documented by Top Gear. Maybe you'd like to identify similar products for us that he uses in the video (*On a Maserati MC12* Amazing, amazing car!) and the process.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...342&pr=goog-sl

Talk to you soon. I'm trying to get my Range Rover Sport lemon lawed right now, so haven't been putting much energy into fixing the paint until I know what the outcome is going to be. I'm getting a 360 spider though, and will have you over for that one soon.
I know Paul and have spoken with him many of times. He use to be very nice and humble and now that's not the case. He's in a lot of trouble because he's been misrepresenting info/products from Zymol. I think he does great work but no detailer should be charging that kind of $$ for doing an Enzo...prices like that are for one-of-a-kind Pebble Beach contenders. I for one, don't want to be put in the same class as him.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:04 AM
TheRogue is on a distinguished road
Haha, fair enough. I thought the products he was using sounded a lot like the Zymol products that you have mentioned... just with the prices all jacked up! All right Moe, you have proven yet again:
WE ARE NOT WORTHY, WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

Talk to you soon.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Premium Sponsor
I forgot about this thread Here are a few updates...
Menzerna Polishes: Only great things to report back. Intensive Polish and NanoPolish (106FF) are AMAZING with a DA
Lake Country Pads: Didn't know how I ever got without them. Excellent accross the board
Einszette: I've expanded the product line to include what I think is one of the better synthetics out there. So far, the polish and wax have performed great on the initial detail. I'm waiting on long-term results. Their Detail Spray is excellent as is the Perls Shampoo for the finish.

I'll keep you guys posted on new developments. Post any questions you have.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Moe, when you get a chance you should really drop me a line.

I will be getting some menzerna quick detailer by end of the month or beginning of August.

As well you should probably try out Menzerna SIP and 85RD if you haven't already.

Agreed Einszett rocks!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Premium Sponsor
Thanks for the info Phil. I've got my SIP on backorder. I'll hopefully get my shipment in the next few weeks. I'm really happy with the Einszett Detail Spray. Just started using it a few weeks ago and it's so easy to apply and it gives the finish a real silky feel and glossy finish. I'll give you a buzz one of these days when I get free time.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Sure thing I have a program for pro detailers that can't be beat

Old 07-20-2007, 05:43 PM
capt601 is on a distinguished road
Hey Moe, thanks for all of your contributions and knowledge!

I have been meaning to have you detail our 996 cab and cayenne, but have just been real busy. You work on a friends blue 997 c2s, and it always looks sharp.
a couple of questions. I truly enjoy doing the detailing on my car, but do not have the time or complete patience to do a job as well as you do, so what type of program do you recommend for someone like me? I wash it once a week (when I am around!) and use Zaino products on it every few months, and try to clay it 1 or 2 times per year. The inside is always a bother for me, so it is not where I spend the most time.
So, would I use your services to do the complete detailing, along with the 2 x per year wax job?

also, I have a small chip on the front trunk, that looks terrible. is that in the detailers area?

thanks again, and hopefully I can set something up here soon!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by capt601
Hey Moe, thanks for all of your contributions and knowledge!

I have been meaning to have you detail our 996 cab and cayenne, but have just been real busy. You work on a friends blue 997 c2s, and it always looks sharp.
a couple of questions. I truly enjoy doing the detailing on my car, but do not have the time or complete patience to do a job as well as you do, so what type of program do you recommend for someone like me? I wash it once a week (when I am around!) and use Zaino products on it every few months, and try to clay it 1 or 2 times per year. The inside is always a bother for me, so it is not where I spend the most time.
So, would I use your services to do the complete detailing, along with the 2 x per year wax job?

also, I have a small chip on the front trunk, that looks terrible. is that in the detailers area?

thanks again, and hopefully I can set something up here soon!
Thanks for the kind words. It seems you havea good grasp of what to do. We can discuss some ways to make the washing and maintanance routine a little easier. As far as my services go, usually clients have me do a full detail twice a year on a daily driver and once a year on a weekender. In between, it's very simple to care for and we could do a mini detail after six months if a weekender. My mini details focus on the interior as the exterior is usually in great shape if the car is gargaed and only drive 4-8 times a month. Look forward to your call.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailing tips from Moe