Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

WTB: 360 or Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:11 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PCJR
I concur...Taking delivery of an 07 G Coupe this Friday
Ah hell, you know what...I concur as well... Taking delivery of a 2004 Pearl Orange Gallardo coupe arriving (hopefully) next week!

Last edited by emissary; 04-21-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:51 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I found a few 06 Orange G's for ya, very close to your price range, but none were 6 speed.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:20 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Picked up the new G today. What a different experience from the GT2. I'll post pictures as soon as i take a few.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:37 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
It's such a shame you can't make the Starbucks meet tomorrow morning! It would be GREAT to have a Gcar in the group... we've got Porsche and Ferrari covered.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:58 PM
doccao will become famous soon enough
As a car guy, I would have to own BOTH. Owning just one would increase my urge/curiosity for the other. In the meantime, I'm more than happy with my TT.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
lob12 is on a distinguished road
Go Gallardo...all Ferrari has now is the symbolic name for the luxory Italian exotic. However, the gallardo is all around a better car...looks (comparable but different), higher horsepower, comfort, driveability on a daily basis, and of course maintenance...just because you spend 200K on a car does not mean you want to spend 10K on a service.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
tdf360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lob12
just because you spend 200K on a car does not mean you want to spend 10K on a service.
Where does this B.S. start? Annual service on a 360 is around $1k or so, if you need belts (every 3 years) that's another $1500 at a dealer.

Gary

Old 04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tdf360
Where does this B.S. start? Annual service on a 360 is around $1k or so, if you need belts (every 3 years) that's another $1500 at a dealer.

Gary
I just did an annual on my 360...it was $790 at the Ferrari dealer. People have a lot of misconceptions about F-cars

Old 04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
^ Yep, it was 700 for the 550 a few months ago.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:17 AM
revolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to behold
I say the G lose value way faster then a 360

Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I have never driven a gallardo but have sat in several and was very turned off by the car due to this - the interior of the car is obviously nice, but the seats i found to be hard, uncomfortable and the biggest turn off was the position - the windshield is huge and racked to such a degree that the area of the counsel was immense and uninviting, very un-car like - i couldn't even imagine driving one on a daily basis, im sure one could get used to it and many do, but from a first time prespective, i didn't like it

The 360 on the other hand was very inviting, easy to get in and out of with a car-like atmosphere interior - everything is right where you need it, and no gimmicy gadgets, just a straight up sports car interior, that's quite comfy as well

A lot of people have said that the stock 360 sound is good, but not great, well i have never heard a stock 360, but my came equipped with tubi exhaust and i must state it is the most amazing sound i have ever heard a car produce, it is absolutely magnificent and this is something lambos can not reproduce making the car worth its value in sound alone - the car is said to be a slower ferrari, but you would never know it, i have not once asked for the car to be faster and i have owned a 911TT X50 (0-60 in 3.7 and 1/4 in 11.7 @ 118'ish) and even that car i always wanted more at times, not so with the ferrari

It's an effortless car, the handling is sensational, the car feels light on its feet but always sticks to the road and goes exactly where you want it to, right now - the sports button firms up the suspension and makes it all the more better for handling, yet much harsher on the road, whereas in normal mode, the ride is amazingly civil

I truly can not say enough good things about this car and have enjoyed every second i have owned and driven mine, it's truly like nothing elese, i never get out without a smile and thinking how amazing the car is, again i have not driven a gallardo and maybe the feelings created would be the same...

btw, the attention the car gets is, in a word, insane - im sure a lambo would get similar attention but it's crazy, and never expected it - the looks are based on opinion but the 360 has soul and passion the lambo is all cut and creased and too german these days, but regardless an awesome looking car, i wonder how it will age though, and the resale edge goes heavily to ferrari, they hold their value better, no argument there

Good luck with your choice, to sum it up drive both and make a decision

Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
---btw, the attention the car gets is, in a word, insane - im sure a lambo would get similar attention but it's crazy, and never expected it - the looks are based on opinion but the 360 has soul and passion the lambo is all cut and creased and too german these days, but regardless an awesome looking car, i wonder how it will age though, and the resale edge goes heavily to ferrari, they hold their value better, no argument there
Spoken as a true Ferrari owner, Dave! So you like that car then?

Ferrari's are pure Italian and always will be for me.

The Gallardo's are interesting but just not the same as Ferrari. Now that does not mean I would not buy one. I am getting increasingly interested in them, but I will not give up my Ferrari!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
biggest problem with the 360 is power. 400hp just doesn't cut it nowadays. f430 vs gallardo i'd choose the f430 in a second, but if youre talking 360 vs gallardo i'd lean towards the gallardo. the only draw of the 360 to me personally is the styling and the fact that it's rwd.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned
jimdarcy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rmani
biggest problem with the 360 is power. 400hp just doesn't cut it nowadays. f430 vs gallardo i'd choose the f430 in a second, but if youre talking 360 vs gallardo i'd lean towards the gallardo. the only draw of the 360 to me personally is the styling and the fact that it's rwd.

the 360 is underpowered, has less desrirable looks and is RWD rather than AWD...
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!

go for the GALLARDO!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned
rolex01 is on a distinguished road
thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: 360 or Gallardo