Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

WTB: 360 or Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:35 AM
TJ Landers is on a distinguished road
WTB: 360 or Gallardo

OK, i know this is discussed a lot but i'm looking for one of these cars, does anyone own both to tell me what their pros and cons are. Or is it just a preference to why you chose one of them. serious answers would be great.

Thanks

Old 03-15-2007, 01:44 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
The Gallardo is more performance, the ferrari is more looks, unless you get a CS or a 430

Old 03-15-2007, 01:45 AM
Alexs '05 will become famous soon enough
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/search.php

Not to be rude or anything, but this has been covered many times before

I agree with alky though, always been a fan of the Gallardo in both looks & performance, whereas the 360's are (in my opinion) strictly looks unless you opt for the CS or start to modify them

Old 03-15-2007, 05:09 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I would imagine a 360 is more fun as a weekend car.
But the Gallardo would be the obvious choice if this is a car that sees 3+ driving days per week.

Gallardo has the performance and reliability. 360 has the F-badge and thrill.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 AM
AntonioDestiny is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TJ Landers
OK, i know this is discussed a lot but i'm looking for one of these cars, does anyone own both to tell me what their pros and cons are. Or is it just a preference to why you chose one of them. serious answers would be great.

Thanks
Check your
PMs

Old 03-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
I'm curious, of those who have replied, how many of you have owned, driven or even ridden in either one of the two cars asked about?

I have a 360 and have ridden in a Gallardo. The 360 is a very "raw" car, you feel the ripples in the pavement, very fast, high revving and powerful but not a high torque motor. The car handles like it is on rails with very little steering input required to move it around a track. The Gallardo is more comfortable, with more torque, hp and convenience features. The 360 is more sporty to me and the Gallardo is more luxurious and comfortable. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Under PSI; 03-15-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Thank you for your response UnderPSi, thats kind of what i was looking for.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:10 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Pretty much what I said, just elaborated with more eloquence.

But I'm just a magazine racer. Never driven either.

There is someone on this board with both - I reckon a yellow G and a red 360. Forget his username, but he posts frequently.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road
Head over to ferrarichat.com and look under the 360/430 forum. One of the guys just got an F430 Spider and bought a Gallardo a few months ago. He should have the first-hand info you need

I've only driven a 360 Modena (with Tubi exhaust), and I had to be dragged out of it kicking and screaming. That was the most fun 2 days I ever had with my clothes on.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:52 PM
DrwVIP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dave1442397
Head over to ferrarichat.com and look under the 360/430 forum. One of the guys just got an F430 Spider and bought a Gallardo a few months ago. He should have the first-hand info you need

I've only driven a 360 Modena (with Tubi exhaust), and I had to be dragged out of it kicking and screaming. That was the most fun 2 days I ever had with my clothes on.
HAHA

Old 03-15-2007, 08:07 PM
OK! Thank you for every ones responses. I want the "look at me" feeling but with power i'm sure both of these achieve this but i just want it as a Weekend car. So im kind of right in the middle of which one. How does anyone feel about the Bentley GT? That was my third choice.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TJ Landers
OK! Thank you for every ones responses. I want the "look at me" feeling but with power i'm sure both of these achieve this but i just want it as a Weekend car. So im kind of right in the middle of which one. How does anyone feel about the Bentley GT? That was my third choice.
I see GTs all over the place. It's certainly not a 'look at me' car around here. Maybe a GTC would do it, at least in summer.

However, a Ferrari or Lamborghini is still exotic. I saw a Gallardo making a completely illegal turn across four lanes of traffic a few months back, and everyone just stopped and waited patiently for him to move on. Any normal car would probably have been T-boned.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned
jimdarcy will become famous soon enough
Buy the Gallardo, it's not even close

Old 03-16-2007, 12:43 PM
tdf360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Buy the Gallardo, it's not even close
Not even close? I really think most enthusiasts would strongly disagree. I think it's one of the tougher choices out there. The Gallardo has a definite power advantage, but that's about it on the plus side...well, it may be a bit cheaper to maintain, but they are both quite reliable. Where the 360 has the advantage is in the fun-to-drive factor, with shorter gears, much quicker steering, and a lighter, more tossable feel. Looks are purely subjective, both look good to me, with the 360 being more sensual and the Gallardo harder-edged and probably more of an attention-getter (not a plus for me, ymmv). So I would say it's a very close call, and if it were me I'd go with the 360 for the driver feedback factor.

Gary

Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned
jimdarcy will become famous soon enough
Power= Gallardo
Styling=Gallardo
Cost of ownership=Gallardo
Engine Sound=Gallardo

It's not even close...now compare a Gallardo to a F430 and it's a tough call
BTW, a light tossable feel is not good in my book, i want a car that sucks down around corners
Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: 360 or Gallardo