Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

WTB: 360 or Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Rocket1324 is on a distinguished road
Don't think I have enough gold chains or guchi shirts to own the Lambo here in SoCal. [/quote]

That is funny Is that how it is in Socal Really..??

Old 08-08-2008, 08:31 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Rocket1324
Don't think I have enough gold chains or guchi shirts to own the Lambo here in SoCal.

That is funny Is that how it is in Socal Really..??[/quote]

glad you were able to laugh. Thanks for catching my humor.

But in SoCal, yeah. That to me seems to be the way it is. At Cars and Coffee on Saturday mornings, all the Lambo guys get together to wipe their cars with diapers. Absolutely, some ferrari guys are like this too. But if you want to be seen, but don't really know cars, then you buy a Lamborgini here in SoCal.

To me, while a car can be beautiful, it is first and foremost a tool. (I race cars, so I am biased) The extra electronics, awd, dummy systems take the control and experience away from the driver IMO. Ultimately what is "faster" by the specs really only matters if you are going to put the car on the track wheel to wheel. I know I'll loose most of you here, but a stock mazda miata is one of the most fun cars to drive on the track. very engaging. you feel like you are going fast and you can really toss them around, and they reward good drivers. but they aren't near as fast as other things out there.

fun and fastest aren't the same thing in my book.

I am moving to TX in the next couple weeks. Hopefully the crowd that owns G's will be a little different. I'd like to consider one I think. but I'm not willing to do so here in socal...

Old 08-09-2008, 11:34 PM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Ok,Ok...So now were at a point where BOTH cars are dropping alot in pricing!..You can get a 99 360 for $85-$99k and a 04 Gallardo for,heck I seen one today for $103k! Soo at this point of course the 360s are cheaper but Gallardo might come under $100k mark now too! Im also looking for one of those 3 under $100k..Porsche 911 being the 3rd. So hmmm???

Old 08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
news 4 u is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Under PSI
I'm curious, of those who have replied, how many of you have owned, driven or even ridden in either one of the two cars asked about?

I have a 360 and have ridden in a Gallardo. The 360 is a very "raw" car, you feel the ripples in the pavement, very fast, high revving and powerful but not a high torque motor. The car handles like it is on rails with very little steering input required to move it around a track. The Gallardo is more comfortable, with more torque, hp and convenience features. The 360 is more sporty to me and the Gallardo is more luxurious and comfortable. Just my opinion.
I agree 100%

Old 08-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Under PSI
---I have a 360 and have ridden in a Gallardo. The 360 is a very "raw" car, you feel the ripples in the pavement, very fast, high revving and powerful but not a high torque motor. The car handles like it is on rails with very little steering input required to move it around a track. The Gallardo is more comfortable, with more torque, hp and convenience features. The 360 is more sporty to me and the Gallardo is more luxurious and comfortable. Just my opinion.
Not only an opinion but a good review by UnderPSI.

However I feel that the Ferrari engenders a more loving buyer as the car has such a fabulous history to which an owner wants that connection.

I don't care that the torgue may be lower than other cars. I love it for what it is. I did not buy a brute HP Viper, Z06, or a Cobra. I chose to buy the 360 due to prior Ferrari experiences and for its refinements and classiness.

The Gallardo is nice but for me the Ferrari is fantastic.

One should buy what he likes, and I, as Under PSI stated, believe those who have experienced neither of the subject vehicles have insufficient standing to be so emphatic about another's vehicle choice.