Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

WTB: 360 or Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:35 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Spoken as a true Ferrari owner, Dave! So you like that car then?

Ferrari's are pure Italian and always will be for me.

The Gallardo's are interesting but just not the same as Ferrari. Now that does not mean I would not buy one. I am getting increasingly interested in them, but I will not give up my Ferrari!
haha, a few months behind the wheels of my 360 and i have truly become a believer

And i agree with you on the Gallardo stance, i do like them and i would never rule one out either

Old 08-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
---And i agree with you on the Gallardo stance, i do like them and i would never rule one out either
I just read a review of the newest Gallardo which looks very nice. Many improvements and it appears to be more of a European model than German.

It's a tough decision what to buy next in addition to my 360.

I keep looking at Bentley but both Porsche and Lambo look interesting!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I just read a review of the newest Gallardo which looks very nice. Many improvements and it appears to be more of a European model than German.

It's a tough decision what to buy next in addition to my 360.

I keep looking at Bentley but both Porsche and Lambo look interesting!
I've had 4 Porsches, the first i started off with was a 996 C2 and i liked it a lot, after that i went to the TT range, basic 996TT K16's turbos... it was okay, but i traded it in for a 996TT X50 (K24 turbos)... very FAST car, but the manual transmission was terrible on it, thus again traded it for a 996TT cab Tiptronic, pretty good car but shortly after that the 360 came in the rest is history

Basically, what im somewhat turned off from Porsche - the only one i truly like was the slowest (of the 4) C2 - the rest, i never felt connected with, i never truly enjoyed them, they just never felt... great - the 997 is a HUGE improvement over the 996, yet i still feel a huge disconnect with the car

Bentley on the other hand... CGT, would NEVER pass on that car, i absolutely think it's as good as it gets

For me it would Gallardo vs. CGT - and having the 360, it would be a tough choice... i don't even know what i would go with as i type this

Old 08-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Good points, Dave.

I have not owned a Porsche but keep getting interested in a cabrio as we have so many here in this golden area of Calif.

Your input is valuable.

Don't know what I'll do about Bentley yet so I am going to think on it. I saw a beautiful Azure which is quite nice as well.

Too many nice cars!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:04 AM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
the 360 is underpowered, has less desrirable looks and is RWD rather than AWD...
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!

go for the GALLARDO!!!
I think my post was a bit mis-leading. i definitely meant that the 360 is underpowered by today's standards, but I like the 360s styling better and love that it's rwd. AWD isn't necessary and ruins the driving fun IMO. If the gallardo was RWD I would want one w/out any reservation.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by rmani
---i definitely meant that the 360 is underpowered by today's standards, but I like the 360s styling better and love that it's rwd. ---
Ok we'll let you get away with it this time only!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:36 AM
Good points, Dave.

I have not owned a Porsche but keep getting interested in a cabrio as we have so many here in this golden area of Calif.

Your input is valuable.

Don't know what I'll do about Bentley yet so I am going to think on it. I saw a beautiful Azure which is quite nice as well.

Too many nice cars!
It's an outstanding time to be car shopping - so many amazing choices, so little time

Make sure you show the forum of your purchase when the time happens

Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
---Make sure you show the forum of your purchase when the time happens
Would not miss the opportunity.

It's that some real estate is calling me due to pricing and it's becoming more attractive than investing in another car at the moment.

So who knows. Either way I'll post pictures-car or rear estate!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Many improvements and it appears to be more of a European model than German.

Where's Germany?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
Where's Germany?
About 7,000 +/- miles East of here!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:05 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
About 7,000 +/- miles East of here!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
After all humor is a needed part of forums!

And it's somewhat accurate!!!

Years ago in physics class an exam question was: "what was the best way to paint a radiator".

The calls genius wrote "with a paint brush"!

The professor was looking for an answer that included black paint!

Everyone has a pretty serious question at one time or another.

Last edited by Gcalo; 08-04-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Rocket1324 is on a distinguished road
Gallardo loks better, feels better and has more performance.. Get the Gallardo 100%

Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Rocket1324
Gallardo loks better, feels better and has more performance.. Get the Gallardo 100%
this is why there is more than one car on the market i guess. different people prefer different things.

To me, the 360 is more timeless in styling. I feel like, as with older Lamborgini's, the styling is "fashionable". That in 5 years it will look like a delorean.

The G's awd system makes the car feel numb. steering feedback isn't near as good as the 360. Its faster in a straight line, but not near as fun to drive IMO.

I respect both cars, but if I really want to go fast, I'll drive my race car. I am looking for something to be engaging, I'll take the 360.

However, I will say that the color selections available on the G are pretty tempting. I am one of the guys who is shopping and has looked at both. I will probably end up with the Ferrari. Don't think I have enough gold chains or guchi shirts to own the Lambo here in SoCal.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Rocket1324 is on a distinguished road
Newer is ussually better, More refined, techinally advanced and more powerful. Get the Gallardo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: 360 or Gallardo