GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Get GT3...check...take it to the track to get acquainted...check...(PICS!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
wow drew, congrats ahead of time on the pca certification!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:30 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jenk12m
wow drew, congrats ahead of time on the pca certification!
ya, it will be nice, but that said, It may make wanting to use PCA days as test days really, really busy.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:50 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RasrGirl
Mmmm!! SECHSGANG YOUR CAR IS beautiful I tell you, I LOVE the color. Excellent choice! I need to win the lottery. =) Hey, what tires do you use for the track?

Hey IllM3! you didn't scare me off silly guy. I am not easily scared. Unless I do something aboslutely novice like coming in too hot on turn 3 at California Speedway, lifting and slamming into the tire wall....... ((

But why ruin a good thing - do we HAVE TO get married?
good point!

Drew i'm down for the cup car idea, you know it

Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
McVicker is on a distinguished road
I literally JUST saw you driving down 202 near west chester. I'm still in my work vehicle The car looked stunning for the 3 seconds I saw it.

-Dan

Old 07-24-2008, 03:06 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by McVicker
I literally JUST saw you driving down 202 near west chester. I'm still in my work vehicle The car looked stunning for the 3 seconds I saw it.

-Dan
oh damn, sorry I didnt say hi, get my attn next time!

Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM
You were on the move, I was going the other way. But I was up in West chester after that and saw you going back toward 202 from high street. Car sounds mean as hell man.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:25 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread Drew ......you know how i feel about your ride....all we need is someone *cough* with a white one for a photoshoot.

McVicker, we were at Tecca for lunch....panini's for lunch and fabspeed bypass pipes for dessssssert!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Nice, Panini's are always tasty. On the way back to Wilmington I was enjoying rt 926 and 100

Old 07-24-2008, 11:45 PM
RasrGirl is on a distinguished road
Drew (Sechsgang) you're killing me! Ok, dude, why on earth would I even consider a 996 GT3 when I have the improved version in a 997? What could you possibly be thinking? Why would I prefer less power, less braking ability? Less torque (ugh!!!) LESS REVS! UGH!!! When my engine revs higher i get to carry the power curve farther up the rpm spectrum. Oh, and Less handleability. I am not here to diss yours or anyone's car for that matter, but your comments crack me up that you might turn me on to the 6GT3. Leave me be. I even like the way my car looks. I am fortunate to take delivery of one of the very first 997Gt3s in America. And I see no possible reason why I'd want to "trade down". Hell I even got impatient with my 996 C2 so I sold it. If i were to win the lottery, I'd buy the 997Gt3 stripped, and maybe a 997GT3RS since there are so few of them. I would also go find a 993 and make a cup car out of it..... Less weight, more power. And oh, yah, I'd get an enclosed trailor. And about 10 sets of wheels with all kinds of tires to try out..... And yah, I'd hire me some guys to take care of my car for me..... =))

By the way, what PCA certification did you get? Congratulations! I am going to come up your way sometime in the next 24 months and do some of the tracks hopefully. Do you have your time trial license or Club Racing? You aren't club racing that beautiful blue car are you?? SO MANY QUESTIONS lol......

Attached Images    
Old 07-24-2008, 11:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Drew (Sechsgang) you're killing me! Ok, dude, why on earth would I even consider a 996 GT3 when I have the improved version in a 997? What could you possibly be thinking? Why would I prefer less power, less braking ability? Less torque (ugh!!!) LESS REVS! UGH!!! When my engine revs higher i get to carry the power curve farther up the rpm spectrum. Oh, and Less handleability. I am not here to diss yours or anyone's car for that matter, but your comments crack me up that you might turn me on to the 6GT3. Leave me be. I even like the way my car looks. I am fortunate to take delivery of one of the very first 997Gt3s in America. And I see no possible reason why I'd want to "trade down". Hell I even got impatient with my 996 C2 so I sold it. If i were to win the lottery, I'd buy the 997Gt3 stripped, and maybe a 997GT3RS since there are so few of them. I would also go find a 993 and make a cup car out of it..... Less weight, more power. And oh, yah, I'd get an enclosed trailor. And about 10 sets of wheels with all kinds of tires to try out..... And yah, I'd hire me some guys to take care of my car for me..... =))

By the way, what PCA certification did you get? Congratulations! I am going to come up your way sometime in the next 24 months and do some of the tracks hopefully. Do you have your time trial license or Club Racing? You aren't club racing that beautiful blue car are you?? SO MANY QUESTIONS lol......
Damn that was a bit harsh, touchy aren't we?

I love your GT3, but don't say 996 GT3 is inferior, far from the truth, just different!

I'll trade you for your GT3 ??? Oh wait, mine is probably too old and outdated too

Old 07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
IF she ever gets on track the same time as Drew she'll learn to respect the 996 GT3. I know I still love it, and I only got to drive one a couple of times.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 AM

Put it this way...the 996 gt3 is like the girl (or guy for you ) in highschool who you SHOULD have done something with but didnt. The 997 feels uberengineered...which is wonderful and in all honesty faster. The 996 is just enough old school thrill with the new school technology (suspension, transmission and engine mapping) to really make the experience complete. Your 997 is an INCREDIBLE machine, dont get me wrong...but this (the 996) is that wild child you never got to experience...but may finally get the chance to. Trust me on this one, the 996 3 is something that when experienced right, is only rated in the fun factor scale 1 notch less than a 5-some...it really is ALL that...

Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 AM

As for the cert, thats just instructor certification and that SHOULD come later this year. That said, I am actually getting into professional racing, so Ill be all over the place soon. Leh K. (kingleh) will still kick the **** out of me, but atleast ill be there for him to do so. Any time your around here, give let me know, and Ill try to hook up a track day so you can realize the 996 (that has...NO driver aids...ehem) is truly one of the most amazing porsches to leave the factory.

-Drew

Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 AM
MadKipper is on a distinguished road
6GT3 v 7GT3

To add a little weight to the 996 GT3 owners claim that their GT3 cars are a little bit more thrilling to drive than a 997 GT3, it is worth remembering that the 996 version does not have PASM - the now famous active suspension that helps settle the car during braking, cornering and acceleration. Then add the fact that the 997 has features "zero lift" aerodynamics and you gain a clearer picture. I would bet that the 997 GT3 LSD is increasing the driver friendliness levels as well.

I suggest you each drive eachothers cars and then compare and contrast the levels of rawness, friendliness/drivability and most importantly the thrill levels of the two cars, preferably on this forum!

Old 07-25-2008, 04:20 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Being the previous owner of this blue car, which I never tracked, but having tracked both another 996 GT3 I owned, as well as my current GT3RS, the cars are very different. The 996 GT3 has a tendency to tramline, and obviously does not have the electronic gizmos of the 997 GT3. However, the 997 GT3 is much closer to the current generation of cup cars than was the 996...and thus proves to be a better racecar, at least in my hands.

-Gerry

07 GT3 RS Clubsport

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Get GT3...check...take it to the track to get acquainted...check...(PICS!)