GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

OZ racing wheel option, Opinions

Old 02-23-2009, 11:34 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Ah cool. Might work on a '7, can't see it happening on a '6.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Apperently many of you that have ordered already missed my post over in the wheel and tire section. I guess I should have made one here, too.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...leggerita.html

As for the quality concerns with a low pressure cast wheel, keep in mind that these are also heat treated and shot-peened for strength. Just take a walk down a pit row at a Formula 1 or Indy race and see all the OZ there as well.

Are they as strong as a forged wheel? My honest guess is if you bend one of these wheels, you would have bent a forged wheel too. I have never had a customer report a bent Ultraleggera, even in 19", and I suspect these to be stronger as the Ultraleggera is not shot-peened for the added strenght.

The Porsche fitments are in final production now for arrival mid spring.

Please PM me with questions or feel free to call. Thanks..

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
Awesome in orange!!!!
I did this one last year in 20". Interesting fact, this was the first GT3-RS orange turbo into the US....

Or use this link:
Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Great looking wheel and apparently pretty light. And the price is right. $405 for front (8.5x18) and $484 for rears (12x18)...$1,778 TOTAL!! Vs. BBS and HRE's that cost $1,200+ per wheel! Sounds to good to be true. If you go to the OZ website, they give the weight in kilograms for 8x17 of 6.40. Based on conversion of 2.2lbs per 1kg, would be 14lbs! So how much more would a 8.5x18 weigh? Are these designed for racing? Can they handle slicks? They show a pic of the wheels on a mini. Haha.
Too good is about right. Proof you don't have to buy forged to get forged quality. Final weights will be in soon and you can be sure I will get them up as soon as I get them.

Or use this link:
Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Apperently many of you that have ordered already missed my post over in the wheel and tire section. I guess I should have made one here, too.

As for the quality concerns with a low pressure cast wheel, keep in mind that these are also heat treated and shot-peened for strength. Just take a walk down a pit row at a Formula 1 or Indy race and see all the OZ there as well.

Are they as strong as a forged wheel? My honest guess is if you bend one of these wheels, you would have bent a forged wheel too. I have never had a customer report a bent Ultraleggera, even in 19", and I suspect these to be stronger as the Ultraleggera is not shot-peened for the added strenght.

Damon

Thanks for the clarification

So you will be getting both Ultraleggera and alleggerita in RS fitment without need for spacer in couple months?

Old 02-23-2009, 04:15 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Are they going to make an Ultraleggera in 18 for Porsche?

Old 02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Are they going to make an Ultraleggera in 18 for Porsche?
Great question ... me want know too

Old 02-23-2009, 05:00 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
as far as I know... NO they will not be making a 18" Ultralegga for porsche.. especially now that they will be offering the Aleggrita in 18" for porsche and its 10% lighter so they would be no point in the mind of a "tracker" ... which is the target market for.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack

Damon; I ordered a set for a GT3 last week. Looking forward to it.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:49 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Those wheels are really nice.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:47 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
I'm going to put a set on order for my 997s as well

Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 AM
escreation is on a distinguished road
The rear wheels concave face looks stunning, wish they make 18" for 996

Old 02-28-2009, 09:39 AM
996toomey will become famous soon enough
In post #29 by Mikymu is the the color in the 4th & 5th picture Anthracite? I am talking about the black 997S with an aero kit on it. They are like a gunmetal color.

Thank you.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:47 AM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Update

Hear is an update on the OZ rims. when this came out I ordered a set for the 3 on 2/16/09 from Tire Rack. when I ordered they indicated that it would be about 6 weeks, maybe the end of March. So I shot an email to check on it. Now it looks like it wont be till the end of May they have not started mfg the rims till April and takes 4 weeks from then. I wish I would have known that. I went out and bought a set of Nitto's that I can't use till June, which I know I will use but would have spent it differently if knew I had time.

Anyway my point if you were planning on this rim for early track season or just in general, its going to take some time.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 PM
KraZy007 will become famous soon enoughKraZy007 will become famous soon enough
That's too bad. I was itching to see a set of these on a porsche. If they turn out to be lighter than the TE37's I have on my car, I'll be making the switch.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OZ racing wheel option, Opinions