GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

OZ racing wheel option, Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:01 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
hmm...I considered to put them on my BMW..light and sexy

I guess Porsche guys won`t like me for that.,

But I saw them at a tuner/dealer just a few minutes away from me and I really like them!

and the p-car,...

Originally Posted by youngbimmer
Yes,19"

front 8,5x19 ET 53
rear : 12x19 ET 68 with 23mm spacers

I assume that is a 997 gt3 non-rs. Will those wheels with that offset fit a 996tt? I love the concave look vs the standard flat look. thanks.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:38 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
it looks as though all the optional rears for the 19" ultraleggera are:

(recommended by TR for the 996tt) 19x11 offset: +40 backspacing: 7.59"

(recommended by TR for the 997 gt3) 19x12 offset: +68 backspacing 9.21"

(recommended by TR for the 997 gt3RS) 19x12 offset: +51 backspacing 8.58"

(recommended by TR for the 997 TT) 19x11 offset: +50 backspacing 8.00"

(recommended by TR for the 997 TT) 19x11 offset: +40 backspacing 7.59"

which would work on a 996tt and have the "concave" look?
thanks.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I have been thinking about getting these wheels lately for some track sessions

Old 06-21-2009, 02:17 AM
sportchrono is on a distinguished road
I'm waiting to manufacture hlt in 18 ", and which are not yet available

Old 06-21-2009, 10:36 AM
omes is on a distinguished road
These are a beautiful set of reasonably priced wheels. It is too bad they aren't available in 12" Rear (20" sizing)......that was my only reason for not getting them....P40's in transit.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Just came across this thread. Boy, these new wheels are very interesting. Lightweight, low cost, 18" wheels with a 12" rear. Gosh, sounds perfect.
Does anyone have them yet (18" ones). Photos? Actual measured weight?

Old 06-21-2009, 01:16 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
I made my mind up before I ever saw this thread. These new OZ 18's are going on my GT2 in black after I budget them in following my latest mods. I need to get rid of these original PS 1's anyway. Haven't made up my mind as to a replacement tire though.

Name:  IMG_8280-1.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  55.6 KB

I think they will look great

Old 06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
I started this thread and ordered them shortly after if Feb. as posted the delivery was delayed first till May, then June, then July, at that point i canceled my order as I was wanting them for track season and by the time they came, if they came, it would be half over. I canceled my order so I am not sure if they are in now.

My only other complaint is that the rear is good at 18x12 but the front max width was 8.5, which is a narrow combo for a 12 inch rim, I know that is the stock width but I would like a 9 or 9.5 for the front so I could run some wider rubber like a 255 up front and help with the push condition of the car.

We will see what they offer next year.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:11 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by toadinlaw
I started this thread and ordered them shortly after if Feb. as posted the delivery was delayed first till May, then June, then July, at that point i canceled my order as I was wanting them for track season and by the time they came, if they came, it would be half over. I canceled my order so I am not sure if they are in now.

My only other complaint is that the rear is good at 18x12 but the front max width was 8.5, which is a narrow combo for a 12 inch rim, I know that is the stock width but I would like a 9 or 9.5 for the front so I could run some wider rubber like a 255 up front and help with the push condition of the car.

We will see what they offer next year.
Sorry to hear that. I don't track my GT2 so mine are going to be used on the street. One of the reasons I'm waiting is exactly because of what happened to you. Until I start seeing "In stock" on the Tire Rack site I'll hold off.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Has anyone here finally got a set of 18" Alleggerita HLT from tirerack for RS? Does it require spacer?

Old 06-22-2009, 02:31 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
All this is why I only get CCW's from John. No Bling just a really strong, forged, light wheel, (probably a couple of #'s heavier), at a reasonable cost AND he delivers.

Peter

Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XPGT2
All this is why I only get CCW's from John. No Bling just a really strong, forged, light wheel, (probably a couple of #'s heavier), at a reasonable cost AND he delivers.

Peter
Hey Peter, who is John and how much did you pay for your CCW?

Thanks

Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by XPGT2

Peter

Peter,

I have been considering the 18"s CCW SP500s because they do not offer the ultraleggera HLT in an 18" (even though TONS of people want them). Do you have any decent pics of your car sitting on 18" CCWs? My concern is that 1n 18" wheel with a lip might look too small/awkward on a TT.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Peter,

I have been considering the 18"s CCW SP500s because they do not offer the ultraleggera HLT in an 18" (even though TONS of people want them). Do you have any decent pics of your car sitting on 18" CCWs? My concern is that 1n 18" wheel with a lip might look too small/awkward on a TT.
here you go

Old 06-22-2009, 09:01 PM
abdullah, those are 18"s? they look great! thanks for the pic! rep for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OZ racing wheel option, Opinions