Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:38 AM
aspantaleone is on a distinguished road
Sport Exhaust

I just read about this and it sounds awesome! Only challenge for me is waiting until Nov. 2014! Has anyone experienced this option before? It seems like a lot of us appreciate the aggressive sound so this appears to be a must have option. Is it worth waiting for???

Old 06-11-2014, 09:25 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Without knowing how the Sport Exhaust will work, it has been suggested that it may be available as a retrofit. Also, I believe it is only a matter of time before the after-market shops start offering some alternatives too.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I doubt anyone has heard it yet. I'm waiting as given the sound it adds to my 991S I wouldn't be without it. Also, many new items for Macan available with November production. Ask your dealer to see the book "Macan Exclusive" for everything that's comning this fall. Porsche publication "WSL 91501000120 EN/WW"

Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Snowczar
I doubt anyone has heard it yet. I'm waiting as given the sound it adds to my 991S I wouldn't be without it. Also, many new items for Macan available with November production. Ask your dealer to see the book "Macan Exclusive" for everything that's comning this fall. Porsche publication "WSL 91501000120 EN/WW"
Awesome! Thanks for the insight! It sounds worth it!!! What do you think close to $3k option?

Old 06-11-2014, 11:34 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aspantaleone
Awesome! Thanks for the insight! It sounds worth it!!! What do you think close to $3k option?
That is a number I've heard kicked around, but don't know if it has any basis. It could be higher or lower, depending how it is implemented.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm ready to pull trigger now! Waiting for sport exhaust will be tough!!!

Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I'd also guess around $3k as that's about what it costs for the 991. Whatever it is I'm waiting for it.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:13 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
I decided not to wait. There will be aftermarket options and modification techniques quickly available by the time my Macan Turbo arrives in October.

I contacted Fabspeed Motorsports the other day about this. They expect to announce mods in another week or two. I have installed their Secondary Cat Bypass pipes in my Cayenne GTS and they enhanced the sound incredibly, beautifully. I have Sport Exhaust in GTS, as well as in my 991S, and I ALWAYS turn it on. So doing a mod and not having the on/off baffle switch that would come with the factory Sport Exhaust is immaterial to me.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
I decided not to wait. There will be aftermarket options and modification techniques quickly available by the time my Macan Turbo arrives in October. I contacted Fabspeed Motorsports the other day about this. They expect to announce mods in another week or two. I have installed their Secondary Cat Bypass pipes in my Cayenne GTS and they enhanced the sound incredibly, beautifully. I have Sport Exhaust in GTS, as well as in my 991S, and I ALWAYS turn it on. So doing a mod and not having the on/off baffle switch that would come with the factory Sport Exhaust is immaterial to me.
Do these mods void warranty? Do they cost about what you would pay if you ordered it from factory?

Old 06-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Do these mods void warranty? Do they cost about what you would pay if you ordered it from factory?

In Canada yes. However I understand there is some legislation in the US which might preclude the factory voiding warranty in certain situations in the US when modifications are done. Personally I wouldn't take the chance. Didn't start down the mods road on my 996 TT until 4 days after the CPO warranty expired. If you search the 991 forum you might find out more about the legislation.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:40 PM
rmmcdaniel is on a distinguished road
Full disclosure - I just placed my Macan Turbo order.

I am very interested in the PSE (i.e. sports exhaust). My take on this is:

1. The website and brochures state that it will be available with Nov 2014 builds "at the earliest" so it may be delayed even further (or not, who knows!).

2. The PSE for EVERY other current model can be retrofitted and is available thru Suncoast. Based on this I am assuming we will be able to retrofit the Macan PSE. A gamble for sure, but seems like a reasonable one given the precedent.

3. Ordering now w/o the PSE allows me the options of retrofitting the PSE or going with a third-party option, which may be better options.

I certainly understand that I am passing up the ability to bake the cost of the PSE into my Macan purchase and also passing up the ability to include it in my base manufacturer warranty.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by rmmcdaniel
Full disclosure - I just placed my Macan Turbo order. I am very interested in the PSE (i.e. sports exhaust). My take on this is: 1. The website and brochures state that it will be available with Nov 2014 builds "at the earliest" so it may be delayed even further (or not, who knows!). 2. The PSE for EVERY other current model can be retrofitted and is available thru Suncoast. Based on this I am assuming we will be able to retrofit the Macan PSE. A gamble for sure, but seems like a reasonable one given the precedent. 3. Ordering now w/o the PSE allows me the options of retrofitting the PSE or going with a third-party option, which may be better options. I certainly understand that I am passing up the ability to bake the cost of the PSE into my Macan purchase and also passing up the ability to include it in my base manufacturer warranty. Hope this helps.
Good insights! Tough wait for me since I'd actually go without a car a few month if I don't place my order this month.

Enjoy your vehicle! You may not even need it with the sound of the turbo.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:37 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
There is always a chance that any non-factory part added to the car that contributes to a premature failure can cause Porsche to decline to cover it under the warranty.

But generally, exhaust systems, mufflers, pipes that are installed behind the catalytic converters (meaning after the exhaust gasses pass through the cats) do not cause premature failure and do not cause the Check Engine light to go on. You should be able to pass any state's emission tests, although some loud systems may cause a problem in some states.

Think of an exhaust as a garden hose. Some are thick, some are thin, some are red, some are blue. But they all let water flow through them.

Some cost less than PSE, some cost more.

Do a little research on the 911 forums and you will find that thousands of Porsches, including a high percentage still under warranty, have been modded this way: problems causing premature failure and warranty voidance are rare.

Over on the right side of your screen are many sponsor-vendors. Many have exhaust mods for all of the other Porsche models and it's just a matter of time until they expand their systems to include the Macan and Macan Turbo.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:43 AM

Enjoy your vehicle! You may not even need it with the sound of the turbo.

Because the exhaust gasses pass through the turbo mechanisms before being exhaled into the exhaust pipes & mufflers, Turbo cars are generally quieter than the NA (normally aspirated) counterparts. So expecting the Macan to be loud because the engines are turbos is not necessarily true.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Because the exhaust gasses pass through the turbo mechanisms before being exhaled into the exhaust pipes & mufflers, Turbo cars are generally quieter than the NA (normally aspirated) counterparts. So expecting the Macan to be loud because the engines are turbos is not necessarily true.
Thanks TT!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust