Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod playback issue - pitch and speed change

Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
iPod playback issue - pitch and speed change

Anyone experience a brief pause in the iPod playback as the brakes are applied and the car is coming to a stop? The music resumes after a second or so, but ever so slightly faster, and at a higher pitch? It then normalizes after a while but it's hard to tell when that happens.

This is in a Panamera with the Bose sound system.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
I have the same pause but not the higher pitch. It does not happen every time though. I have not reported to the dealer, but it will probably be hard for the dealer to reproduce the issue. I think some other forum members also have the same problem. I wonder if anyone has related it to the dealer. What year is your Pan.?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 AM
TGED - you're right, it happens occasionally, not all the time. Mine is also a 2011. The playback pitch / speed change is very subtle and I hear it only sometimes.

I'm sort of glad to hear that someone else has experienced the same thing. It may be a common issue with the 2011 Panamera+Bose? May have something to do with the electrical system.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:17 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
What type of iPod? Music on the device or stored in the cloud?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
My is iPod nano, latest generation, songs stored on iPod, not iCloud. I have tried different i-devices, iPod touch, different generations iPod nanos, iPhone 4, 4S, the pause happened with all of them. The only thing that I have not tried is play back through an USB thumb drive.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM
My iPod is the an old Classic 32G (no network), so the songs are stored on the device, not the cloud.

The same thing happens when I play on the iPhone4 and iPhone4S using the USB connector.

I don't recall this issue happening when playing music over bluetooth audio.

It doesn't happen with satellite radio, FM radio, or CD.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
Make sure the "shake to shuffle" setting on the iPods is off (default is on and yes, it is that sensitive) - for the disk models, that is also a sign of a dying iPod... have had some glitches with a cloud enabled iPhone keeping the PCM sync'd, no problems at all using an iPod classic or an old school shuffle in the USB port. 2010 PTT with the 'Y' cable; could be something with the newer cars that connect with just a single cable. If it works fine with a USB stick, probably the iPod, if it glitches with a memory stick, dealer trip to check the PCM.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM
The 2011 is the single cable. Will check other settings and try to isolate a cause for this. Thanks for the suggestions.