Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:57 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I’ve been out of town for a couple of weeks, and I still have another couple of weeks of travel before I can take it to the dealer. I’ll make sure to give an update here once I get it fixed. I really appreciate everyone’s guidance!
Knowing the possible fixes makes me feel more confident that this might get fixed properly the first time I take it to the dealer.

Last edited by LGARCIA; 06-29-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:25 AM
fatpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quick and informative video I bookmarked from the past.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
That was an interesting video. Thanks! My ‘14 PTT has been in 3 times since Jan and has yet to be fixed. Currently there now and has been for the last 6wks or so as they are waiting on air suspension parts from Porsche with no ETA at the moment due to Porsche switching suppliers. My sound is more of “rebound clunk” after going over railroad tracks or a good sized bump -like a strut coming loose

Old 07-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Happy to report that I picked up my car today from the dealer and they replaced the right lower control arm and the sway bar bushings, seems to have done the trick. I no longer have the front end noise when going over bumps and turning slow. All was covered under warranty too. I’d recommend to anyone out there with this issue to take it in, they seemed well versed on the issue as soon as I mentioned it.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:02 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Happy to report that I picked up my car today from the dealer and they replaced the right lower control arm and the sway bar bushings, seems to have done the trick. I no longer have the front end noise when going over bumps and turning slow. All was covered under warranty too. I’d recommend to anyone out there with this issue to take it in, they seemed well versed on the issue as soon as I mentioned it.
Does your car have PDCC? Mine does and I'm sure the sway bar bushings differ from cars not equipped with PDCC.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:23 PM
I looked over the original window sticker and I don't see PDCC listed on there, so I would assume I do not have it.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:46 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I looked over the original window sticker and I don't see PDCC listed on there, so I would assume I do not have it.
https://www.vindecoderz.com/

Old 07-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Thank you XLR82XS!

Old 07-13-2018, 10:02 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Open hood. Look at power steering tank. If black then you have pop doc. If cream/light, you don't have pdcc.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:19 PM
It is the cream/light so it is confirmed that I don’t have pdcc. Glad there was an easy way to check, thanks!

I've driven about two hundred miles since the fix and the clicking sounds so far are gone, the steering feels right again at slow speeds.

Im hoping the fix holds up since I want to change my wheels soon, wouldn’t want the dealer to say something like this issue is to blame on 22 inch wheels. So far the job was covered by the warranty.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Less than a month since the fix, I’ve driven about 400 miles and all of the noises coming from the front axle are back. Heading back to the dealer tomorrow...backing up and slow turns are when I hear it most.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:37 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
My bet is still the upper control arm or arms. That's where most non clunking noise usually comes from. Update us after you deal with shop. Thank you.

Last edited by ciaka; 08-07-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:37 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka
My bet is still the upper control arm or arms.
exactly !!!

Old 09-13-2018, 12:53 PM
So I have my car back, no noises so far but it had only been one day since they worked on it. By now they changed both lower control arms, according to the notes they checked both upper control arms and found them to be ok.
The list of parts changed so far are: Hexagon Head B, AS Wishbone (2), 12 point nuts, lock nuts, Hex Head nuts, eccentric bolts and washers. That along with a 4 wheel alignment and it is cruising with no issues so far.
Glad this is done I will install the 22 in Savini wheels this weekend

Old 09-13-2018, 01:04 PM
So they replaced your sway bar bushings, lower arms, along with the ball joint nut, the eccentric nuts/bolts/washers for lower arms, the 12 pt nut/bolt for lower arm to shock connection.
Letus know after you go over some speed bumps or over rough terrain at low speed. Thanks.

So I have my car back, no noises so far but it had only been one day since they worked on it. By now they changed both lower control arms, according to the notes they checked both upper control arms and found them to be ok.
The list of parts changed so far are: Hexagon Head B, AS Wishbone (2), 12 point nuts, lock nuts, Hex Head nuts, eccentric bolts and washers. That along with a 4 wheel alignment and it is cruising with no issues so far.
Glad this is done I will install the 22 in Savini wheels this weekend

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front end noise