Sponsored by:

Duramteric with PTT's and Faults P1583 and U0456

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:12 PM
KamanCali is an unknown quantity at this point
Duramteric with PTT's and Faults P1583 and U0456

Hi all- a bit of a mystery here:

2010 PTT. Just back from local P Indy and had PDK oil service done. Was doing other odds and ends (sparks, filters, brakes), and plugged in my Duramteric to reset the service check (I use it all the time on my boxster).

Does the Durametric work 100% with Panameras?

I can't clear codes:

P1583. Engine "Transmission mount valves short ???"

U0456 PDK (unknown code and description)??

Are these just ghosts and glitches in Durametric? I would think my Indy using a PWIS would have said something to me.....I'll ask later this week but any thoughts or experience much appreciated!

(Almost done fixing this new to me PTT and will have eye candy shots shortly!)

Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 PM
To be clear there are no CEL messages shown on dashboard - these just show up on the Duramteric software during a deep scan

Old 03-27-2017, 08:07 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry I can't help, but are you noticing any drivability issues?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:33 AM
Everything drives fine- so it's normal outside of what Durametric tells me.......

Old 07-15-2018, 10:01 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Have you found what these codes were, and were you able to fix?
Trying to complete thread for full resolution. Thank you.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:59 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I Have seen the same type (maybe not same codes) a long time ago > No one could get me the info on the codes. So with no dash lights on and no drivability issues I just cleared them and haven t seen them back or had any problems.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:46 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Good to know. There are so many threads out there with folks seeking info, and without any updates. Keeping this in my FYI pocket, seems folks get codes on this car, and no action is taken other than clearing it. Not sure how accurate this statement is, but for now, good to know.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Victory007 is on a distinguished road
Question - People keep saying they can reset the Service Indicator lights (oil or interim serv, etc), But for the life of me I can't find where to do that. I have the Enthusiast version. When I used Duremetric for my 550i it had a menu option for "Condition Based Services" (or something like that) where I could reset oil etc. The version for Porsche that I have does not. I have the latest version of the software.

Thanks

Old 07-16-2018, 11:15 AM
I will post DIY for this. Easy, will be with pics, just need to upload them to cloud for post. Few minutes.

Originally Posted by Victory007
Question - People keep saying they can reset the Service Indicator lights (oil or interim serv, etc), But for the life of me I can't find where to do that. I have the Enthusiast version. When I used Duremetric for my 550i it had a menu option for "Condition Based Services" (or something like that) where I could reset oil etc. The version for Porsche that I have does not. I have the latest version of the software.

Thanks

Old 07-16-2018, 11:30 AM
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ric-reset.html

Originally Posted by Victory007

Thanks

Old 07-16-2018, 12:12 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I Have seen the same type (maybe not same codes) a long time ago > No one could get me the info on the codes. So with no dash lights on and no drivability issues I just cleared them and haven t seen them back or had any problems.

Found this useful resource for explaining Engine Trouble Codes.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:32 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Very nice, as you can see you need to go under instrument cluster. I still have to search around every time I do it,

Old 11-12-2019, 06:17 AM
syh244 is an unknown quantity at this point
As for code U0456, this is what my icarsoft POR II says about my panamera 4S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.