Sponsored by:

New Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:26 AM
jkl
jkl is on a distinguished road
New Panamera

Anyone receive their new Panamera yet? I had a 2012 PTT and absolutely loved it. I'm curious to see what people's thoughts are if they have gone through both versions. I know that there are a lot of negative feelings out there with the previous body style, but I think there's more character and shape to it.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:59 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2012 and I love the looks and so does everyone else with whom I come in contact!

Old 05-05-2017, 06:48 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I drove a 17 Pana while at dealer and while it was nice I found that I didn t care so much for the new interior design. It didn t feel as sporty and real as my 15. It was clean and nice but the gauges and switches felt modern but not classic. Had that I- phone feeling. Maybe these things just take time and and it is what we get used to.
Looked great from the outside. Steering felt a little too light but again maybe it s just different. Would I buy one and drive it, probably.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Banned
Jcarter is a name known to allJcarter is a name known to allJcarter is a name known to allJcarter is a name known to allJcarter is a name known to allJcarter is a name known to all
I played with one at dealer recently and I just love all the new tech. Didn't drive one so not sure on that end but definitely thinking of getting into a certified pre-owned one in the future.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Shattuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Cerbomark, I had the same reaction as you. I am sure once you get used to it, it should be fine. But I just felt uncomfortable. As soon as I got back in my PTT, it felt comfortable again.

Maybe just familiarity.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:08 AM
jkl
jkl is on a distinguished road
I actually liked the new interior with all the tech, but thought the exterior was too 'clean'. I'm getting used to it slowly, and I wouldn't mind getting back into one in the future. It's been the best performance sedan I've had.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:26 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I had a 2010 PTT, and now a 2012 PTTS, I just ordered a 2018 Sport Turismo Turbo, I didn't drive that actual car obviously but I did have an extended test drive in a new turbo and it's better in every way in my opinion. The switchgear will take some time to get familiar with but the car was smoother, quieter when not driving aggressive but it was ready to go when you wanted it to. My only complaint was that the transmission is definitely programmed towards the furl economy side so when you were not driving hard it was in 6 gear by 40mph. hopefully that can be rectified with a tune or it will have to be manually shifted.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:54 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
. . . or "sport plus," right?

Old 05-07-2017, 08:14 PM
72911T is an unknown quantity at this point
just using "sport" kills the auto off and solves the 8th gear issue. Put 500 miles on this weekend at highway speeds and if you are on cruise, normal is fine.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:11 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I think with the right color and wheel combo, the 2014-2015 Panny's look awesome. To each their own! I did spot a new Turbo in the showroom when I had my 911 GTS serviced a couple weeks ago. Looks very 'smooth'. Not as much character IMO, but then again I didn't drive it.
Of course, many older houses have "character" and end up being a complete headache.

I'm not sure I'm sold on this engine downsizing...4.8 L to 4.0 L, the list goes on...it kinda stinks. I did love the old 4.8.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.