Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster V.3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 06:48 PM
DavidIn is an unknown quantity at this point
Sprint Booster V.3

One of the annoying things about my 2011 4S is the lag time between fully depressing the accelerator and the response. Research lead me to a Sprint Booster V.3 which opens the throttle body in a more responsive and quicker manner, similar to the old cable operated throttle bodies. It cost about $300 and I'll report back with my results after I receive and install it. I saw that there was another post with a similar issue, but I did not want to jack the thread.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:18 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Looking forward to hearing your results

Old 06-02-2019, 08:19 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
I installed mine yesterday... it's good but don't be under any false impressions; it purely changes throttle response. It's kind of like have nutty cams. Gear changes as they are automated by throttle in A/T setting seem to change a lot more frequently. That being said, I love mine - driving almost constantly in race setting level 6 and it reacts flawlessly.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:00 AM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
I have one on my 3.0tt 4S and it makes a significant difference. Race mode above 5 is a little much for inner city driving so I run in sport at 7 most of the time with the sport mode enabled on the car as well.
It will be interesting to hear how it works on your non turbo car.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:46 PM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
id like to get it but its like 300 bucks?

Old 06-05-2019, 07:43 AM
Get it, I willing to bet you keep it and dont sell it

Old 06-05-2019, 07:43 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Lots of threads on the topic

Old 06-11-2019, 08:09 PM
I installed the Sprint Booster V.3 into my 2011 Panamera 4S late last week. The install was very simple and I tucked the wire to the controller beneath the driver side console and double-side taped it in the black area so it is not visible unless you know it is there. I took it on a "spirited drive" with the device off, then in "sport mode level 5" and then "race mode level 9." It took a lethargic lag time and changed the whole personality of the car. It is immediately responsive and in "race mode" the lag is completely gone. I am very impressed with the performance, although I was skeptical when I purchased it. I highly recommend it if the lag time, even for a non-turbo car, bothers you. I can post pics of the final install, but it is too simple. I was just very careful when I disconnected the original wiring harness from the accelerator pedal prior to installing the new added section. Rock on!

Old 06-20-2019, 06:23 PM
I installed the Sprint Booster V.3 on my 2011 4S a couple of weeks ago. The install was very easy and took me about 30 minutes total. The only part that was tricky was disconnecting the wiring harness from the accelerator pedal without breaking the plastic tab. I took my time and it came off with a little patience and a flathead screwdriver to wedge gently. I tucked the controller wire underneath the center console and double taped the controller pad to the black portion on the side of the driver's side of the center console.

I've only taken the car out on 3 occasions since the install because of my crazy work hours. When I drove the car, I first turned the booster off to ensure I had a baseline regarding the acceleration. Then I switched to "sport mode" and set it at 5 (1-9 are available with 9 providing the most response). The lag time between stomping on the accelerator and launch were nearly eliminated! I did this several times and was thoroughly impressed. Then I switched it to "race mode" and set it at 9, again being the highest setting. The Panamera's personality became an angry beast, which made me fall in love with "Medusa" again and again and again! This is what I wanted from the car, and got much much more!

To be clear, you do not add horsepower or torque or anything else for that matter. What the booster does is increase the speed in which the air throttle body opens providing more oxygen to the normally aspirated engine. It significantly changed the personality of "Medusa" and now allows me to treat her nice when I want to, or make her the monster she was named after.

If you are looking for this type of change, I highly recommend this device. There are several brands on the market and I did a copious amount of research on each one. I selected the Sprint Booster and am very happy with it. I was skeptical because it did not seem realistic, but I am 100% sold. I figured they offered a 30-day money back guarantee and there were no permanent modifications required, so for $300 I had nothing to lose.

Rock on, David

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-20-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:51 AM
+1

Old 06-21-2019, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Sprint Booster Sales is an unknown quantity at this point
Love to see all the people that LOVE their Sprint Booster! We truly believe that Sprint Booster makes driving a whole lot more fun.

We know there's a lot of people that think its 'snake oil'. But we know that if people give it a try they'd never want to drive without one!

If anyone is interested in making video reviews we'd be happy to figure out how we can compensate you.

Thank you to all that have shopped with us!

- SprintBoosterSales.com

Old 06-21-2019, 11:13 AM
People want to discount the product because they think since it doesn't increase HP it's not really doing anything. But all you have to do is watch some YouTube and see the people's faces to know it makes a difference.
I'll see if I can do a video but there's no need for comp

Old 06-21-2019, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
Sprint Booster Sales is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Bobby Buggs
People want to discount the product because they think since it doesn't increase HP it's not really doing anything. But all you have to do is watch some YouTube and see the people's faces to know it makes a difference.
I'll see if I can do a video but there's no need for comp
Exactly. No increased horsepower but improved response and better control. Makes a huge difference.

If there's anything you can stir up we'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks Bobby.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:15 PM
lawyerguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DavidIn
I installed the Sprint Booster V.3 into my 2011 Panamera 4S late last week. The install was very simple and I tucked the wire to the controller beneath the driver side console and double-side taped it in the black area so it is not visible unless you know it is there. I took it on a "spirited drive" with the device off, then in "sport mode level 5" and then "race mode level 9." It took a lethargic lag time and changed the whole personality of the car. It is immediately responsive and in "race mode" the lag is completely gone. I am very impressed with the performance, although I was skeptical when I purchased it. I highly recommend it if the lag time, even for a non-turbo car, bothers you. I can post pics of the final install, but it is too simple. I was just very careful when I disconnected the original wiring harness from the accelerator pedal prior to installing the new added section. Rock on!
First post here. Hello all. Great forum.

David, I cannot easily get the throttle connector off on my 971. Any ideas?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:59 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
You will most likely need to use allen or torx to remove screw holding the throttle to the floor, then you will get to the connector behind the throttle, connect, put screw back in and done.
Should be 15 minute job to add the sprint booster.

Originally Posted by lawyerguy
First post here. Hello all. Great forum.

David, I cannot easily get the throttle connector off on my 971. Any ideas?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster V.3