Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New PTT owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 01:42 PM
htny is on a distinguished road
New PTT owner

Hi guys - bought my first four door car!
2014 PTT sport chrono black/cognac 30k miles CPO

9 month old daughter - felt like it was about time.
Long time 911 guy - based in Manhattan - used to be active here / rennlist etc

I’ve been digging around for essential mods for turbos. I plan to:

- tune Ecu, ideally via obd & reversibly. What's the best current option for pump gas / stock turbos / throttle response?

- Paint (black) or replace wheels (but stay on 20s). Something that looks like Porsche puts on one of their vehicles would be ideal. I kinda like the one shown on the ST showcar In the attached pic - if anyone knows what those are.

- mod or upgrade exhaust for more bark. I did the old pse mod on my old 996 (which i still have!) and loved it. Prefer to keep the exhaust mods low $$$, make noise over power, and avoid CELs

anyone know if these wheels can be ordered?

Anyway looking forward to hanging with you guys and contributing to the community!

Old 06-30-2019, 01:47 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Congrats! she looks good..

might want to get some polarized sunglasses if you don't already have some, the light colored dash throws up some pretty good reflection/glare (I have a Cognac/Cedar interior)

Old 07-01-2019, 07:14 AM
Mazurda is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by htny
hi guys - bought my first four door car!
2014 ptt sport chrono black/cognac 30k miles cpo

9 month old daughter - felt like it was about time.
long time 911 guy - based in manhattan - used to be active here / rennlist etc

i’ve been digging around for essential mods for turbos. I plan to:

- tune ecu, ideally via obd & reversibly. What's the best current option for pump gas / stock turbos / throttle response?

- paint (black) or replace wheels (but stay on 20s). Something that looks like porsche puts on one of their vehicles would be ideal. I kinda like the one shown on the st showcar in the attached pic - if anyone knows what those are.

- mod or upgrade exhaust for more bark. I did the old pse mod on my old 996 (which i still have!) and loved it. Prefer to keep the exhaust mods low $$$, make noise over power, and avoid cels

anyone know if these wheels can be ordered?

anyway looking forward to hanging with you guys and contributing to the community!
awesome pick up and good luck with those ny roads, the suspension on these cars seem to be a bit tempermental. Gas wise i always use sunoco ultra 94 for my turbo

Old 07-01-2019, 07:19 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Welcome and congrats! I have GIAC ECU programming and it is fantastic. It's being used in conjunction with an IPD plenum, race down-pipes and new-gen Akrapovic exhaust.

If you're looking for more noise and want to save $$$ there is always a muffler delete and leaving the rest of the exhaust stock. If the car you purchased has PSE there's always cat-delete used with the stock mufflers. Quiet enough driving around and nice growl at WOT. If you have a tune there should be no issue with CEL.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:10 PM
nvrsetl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Welcome and congrats! I have GIAC ECU programming and it is fantastic. It's being used in conjunction with an IPD plenum, race down-pipes and new-gen Akrapovic exhaust.

If you're looking for more noise and want to save $$$ there is always a muffler delete and leaving the rest of the exhaust stock. If the car you purchased has PSE there's always cat-delete used with the stock mufflers. Quiet enough driving around and nice growl at WOT. If you have a tune there should be no issue with CEL.
Not to hijack the thread, - if you delete the muffler how much more louder will it get? Will I get a CEL? I have the factory sport exhaust option.

BTW - congrats on the new P car and welcome!

Old 07-01-2019, 05:24 PM
muffler delete is interesting - so straight pipes after the second set of cats?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:32 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nvrsetl
Not to hijack the thread, - if you delete the muffler how much more louder will it get? Will I get a CEL? I have the factory sport exhaust option.

BTW - congrats on the new P car and welcome!
Not as loud as some people may think. Turbos act as mufflers in a sense, then you have 4 cats and the resonator. Removing the mufflers is not difficult offering reasonable easy ability to test the sound levels. Now, with aftermarket high-flow cats or ZERO cats then we're talking a much louder sound level where an aftermarket cat-back system is recommended.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by htny
muffler delete is interesting - so straight pipes after the second set of cats?
Straight pipes fabricated to replace the mufflers. Weld/clamp tips to outlet as desired. Everything else OEM. (cats, center pipe w/resonator)

Old 07-02-2019, 08:09 AM
nvrsetl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Not as loud as some people may think. Turbos act as mufflers in a sense, then you have 4 cats and the resonator. Removing the mufflers is not difficult offering reasonable easy ability to test the sound levels. Now, with aftermarket high-flow cats or ZERO cats then we're talking a much louder sound level where an aftermarket cat-back system is recommended.
Thanks for the input/feedback.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:59 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the Panamera club 😁

Old 07-02-2019, 06:49 PM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Nice purchase and welcome to the group. i'm sure you will love your pany just like everyone else. i have fabspeed x-pipe which gives the NA GTS a much more aggressive growl with PSE. there are a few others that have had good results with x-pipe from flowmaster? or another manufacture for $100. there are several threads and dyi's on it. will be interested in watching build as it progress. have fun and enjoy

Old 07-05-2019, 09:41 PM
and I hate to ask but do you pass smog without the mufflers? or you put them back on? (I'm not in a place where I can store mufflers!)

Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 PM
Guys any guess as to where I might find a set of turbo 2s or whatever these are painted like this?