Sponsored by:

I need HELP from the experts here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 03:48 PM
ArneR is an unknown quantity at this point
I need HELP from the experts here

Hello everyone

This has to be the right place to get advice on my issues.

I just sold my 2010 Panamera Turbo, it had 143 000km on the odometer(89 000 miles). It was sold without ANY known problems or issues.

I actually had it on the workshop two days before pickup, because of a faulty oxygensensor on bank 1 downstream sensor.
The engine fault lamp was showing sometimes because of this.

All error codes was deleted, and i got a healthy car back.

The new owner test drove the car, and was really happy with the car.
He signed the contract, paid me and left.

He then contacted me several days later, claiming the horn, automatic window wipers, rear seat heating and rear lock was not working.
He also claims that this was errors i had to know about, something that is not true.
Everything worked when i sold it, but i think that all these things have to have a common ground if you understand? Can all of these be controlled by a common ccontrol box, small ecu etc?

It seems very strange that all of these things suddenly should malfunction on the same time?

Please advice, ALL help in this matter would be highly appretiated.

Arne

Old 12-06-2019, 06:39 PM
murci930 is on a distinguished road
Not an expert BUT,
First of all... this issues are the buyers problem. If your shop is willing to back it up there is no reason as to why he is implying you knew about this especially since these issues can't be patched up for a day or two.,
Second, rear heat and rear locking may be from the child lock being on, there may be some user error with the wipers, and did he check the fuse on the horn?

Old 12-06-2019, 07:01 PM
I have asked him to do so, because I really want any buyers of my cars to be happy. I did full detailing around the clock for several days, and did cheramic coating, filled fuel, and other liquids. Another thing is that the wipers started when i was polishing the front window, I just remembered.

I have asked him to check all fuses, listen to a relay when pressing the horn etc. Things like that is quite easy to check. And i do not think those things are broken, but it must be something easy fix.

So Im really disappointed that he thinks i knew about the errors. Another thing is that he almost called me a fraud, because i had announced it as a 2010 model, but it was produced 09.09. But i eventually got him to understand that the car WAS an 2010 from Porsche.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Deezflip is on a distinguished road
Fuses? If not, and as with anything electrical...how's the battery? Borderline "old" can sometimes cause random problems with the voltage being just the tad bit on the low side.

If not the battery,
-Maybe sensors for the heated seats? This is from a Cayenne, https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eat-issue.html
-As for the automatic windshield wipers...check the PCM, there should be a setting on there to turn that feature on and off. If not, a loose connection maybe? https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...hopefully.html
-Horn, I've seen a few threads with Panamera with this issue... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-problems.html
-Rear Locks, actuator maybe? https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...on-t-lock.html

Good luck!

Old 12-07-2019, 01:00 PM
The battery is also brand new. Just a few months old actually.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:03 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Sold as is?

his issue, move on

Old 12-11-2019, 06:21 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
That is a tough one, most want to be friendly to everyone. Battery, fuses, are the main culprits. If you check your car often, you would be best to know. I dont know if wiper or faulty doors would throw out a code though, maybe the actuator itself if bad would show up as an error, but no lights would turn on.
Didnt he check out the car before buying? Did you tell him to have it checked out? No one in their right mind should be buying a panamera or other porsches without a mechanic check.
As much as you may hate it, you should tell him you are not aware of anything wrong at all with the car and that he had a chance to have it checked out. You can appease him, but it is more likely he will call you in a week and say something else is bad.
Stealthn says it right - if you sold without any warranty, caveat emptor - move on.