Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Magic Touch - touch sensitive door handles - You have to see this!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Magic Touch - touch sensitive door handles - You have to see this!

The owner is a friend of the family and swung by the house today to show off the new show car. The technology behind this is really killer and best of all, he will give us a killer deal. They are in the process of trying to gain more exposure in the market place and of course that is done by word of mouth and getting product on cars.
Here is a demo of the product:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h69qdt9YaQ

They have been featured on Overhaulin with Chip Foose, Truckin, Celebrity Car, Low Rider, etc. I personally think this is a slick product and will be having a set installed on my car. The trick thing is that when the car is locked the system is inactive but when unlocked is active. They are working on some integration with the keyless systems like MB and Porsche have.
They will be at NOPI in Ennis this weekend if anyone plans to attend.

The website is here:
http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/
The product is called Magic Touch

If you are interested in the product please PM me. I am going to gauge interest from the group and then put together a group buy with discounts as low as 30%.

Last edited by Secure; 03-08-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:51 AM
ChromeHearts is on a distinguished road
thats a cool idea, but why just grab the handle and pull the door open. Now you have to touch the door handle/mirror/etc. and then pull the door open? Also fingerprints all over the place.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:08 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I guess if you want shaved door handles it's great but can't imagine a huge market for that?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
The main reason for its existence is on the car show scene to keep the car fingerprint free. Also, the door handles dont have to be shaved, the kit includes the blanks that give the shaved door look and can be painted any color on order. There isn't that much info on the door handle blanks but I can get more. Basically the concept is to remove your existing door handle and install the kit with the blank that is paint matched to your car no matter custom or factory color. The nice thing about the blank is that it gives you the shaved door handle look but without all the cost and it is completely reversible. I want them to get a 996 and 997 kit together but I need a few more people to be interested before they will do this.

FAQ:
http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/faq.php

Available models currently:
http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/available-models.php

Old 03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by ChromeHearts
thats a cool idea, but why just grab the handle and pull the door open. Now you have to touch the door handle/mirror/etc. and then pull the door open? Also fingerprints all over the place.
No fingerprints all over the place as you can do it with the back of your hand.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Or you could just open the door with a microfiber towel....

Old 03-10-2007, 02:20 PM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
i like the mirror one..interesting idea.
now try getting into your car like a porsche with a sensor and a dead battery...better hope you have that emergency trunk pull in the fender

Old 03-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Actually, this product has a backup battery that allows it to function even if the main battery is dead or removed. How's that for slick!?!

Old 03-10-2007, 05:30 PM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
very. good luck with it man, i hope ur friend does well. if i wasn't building a speed car, i'd definitly shave the handles and use ur poppers

Old 05-15-2007, 02:43 AM
dgussin1 will become famous soon enough
FWIW, you cannot race on a track without door handles, hence the reason why only my SUV had shaved handles.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 AM
This product does not replace the door handles it simply puts a cover over them that can easily be popped out.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:48 AM
dani_320 is on a distinguished road
Awsome!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Banned
*STATUS* is on a distinguished road
i saw that when it made its debut at sema good idea just do a full shave and pop the sensor in the door and it would looknice and smooth if you dont want 2 pull the door open u can put heavier poppers to push it open more

Old 01-03-2008, 03:56 PM
teckcar13 is on a distinguished road
good idea