991 Turbo or 991 GT3??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:26 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Why not get both?

I like the new GT3 better.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ilhan997
, 0-60 times are same as the turbo.
First, YOU brought it up.

porsche.com , read and learn something from the site. they are NOT sub 3 second cars,
secondly we are NOT discussing 0-60mph or 0-100km/h times on this Thread.
Second, Porsche is ALWAYS conservative and real world results and multiple independent magazine tests has the TT PDKs consistently sub 3-seconds.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:47 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Turbo S. Not even close.

Maybe get the GT3 bumper put on it... Best of both worlds, call it a day.

*regarding 0-60. I strongly feel that the Turbo will easily do 0-60 in less than 3 secs. Way too much power, and tech (AWD/PDK), not to.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Why is everyone bringing up TTS? I thought OP was comparing TT vs. GT3. Can't say TTS and GT3 are in the same price bracket.

Anyways, TTS > GT3 without a doubt. I'd put TT over GT3 even though I like the looks of GT3.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 AM
ilhan997 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by Enilder
Why is everyone bringing up TTS? I thought OP was comparing TT vs. GT3. Can't say TTS and GT3 are in the same price bracket.

Anyways, TTS > GT3 without a doubt. I'd put TT over GT3 even though I like the looks of GT3.
thanks!!! this Thread it about TT and GT3.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:22 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
thanks!!! this Thread it about TT and GT3.
Eh, why get a base model anything?

But in that case, it depends if you take it to the track. If you track it - get the GT3, if not, get the Turbo.

I'd track the Turbo anyway (but not often).

Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 AM
steveliu will become famous soon enough
GT3 over turbo for any occasions. IMO

Old 05-07-2013, 01:02 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
The GT3 will feel faster as its wails that NA engine to 9000 revs, rather than the Turbo. The 991 Chassis will make the GT3 a much better daily driver than the previous GT3. This is why I think the GT3 is the way to go even if the price is the same. You can always hit the upshift paddle on the GT3 to keep the revs low while DDing it.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
Maybe it's just me, but I've driven a 997 turbo and just recently a 997 GT3. I found the GT3 more usable than the Turbo. Basically the Turbo is cartoonishly fast, and before you know it you are doing 120mph. Whereas the GT3 you could still run through the gears and enjoy the drive to work. I completely agree that the Turbo will be leaps and bounds faster through the gears than the GT3 once the car gets to speed because of the torque.
I must say though after driving the 997.1 GT3 that is my next purchase, the sound the clutch and the gearbox were just way too much fun that I can't not have that in my daily drive. Guess I'll have to be prepared to get about 10mpg once I get one though.
I'm not following...

#1 Neither of these cars discussed in this post has a single clutch.

#2 Are you suggesting that because the GT3 takes longer to go through each gear, it is more fun? Wouldn't that be similar to applying less throttle in the Turbo to achieve the same effect?

Maybe I'm missing something (and I've driven both of the cars you mention, too). Obviously, it's a preference, but I don't understand the explanation.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
... Seemed like in the TUrbo it was just off like a UFO as soon as you hit the throttle....

Like even on the highway in the Turbo if you are in 3rd and floor it your doing 120 in no time, in the GT3 you can run it to 100 and not leave the earth. If I drove people often the turbo would be more fun to scare people with....
Much better explanation. Thanks!

I don't disagree. I think, though, that with the advent of PDK only transmissions, these lines for acceleration will become blurry, with the other nuances of each car shining more brightly (suspension, comfort, equipment, sound, etc...). I can't wait to drive either/both of them.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM
john weires is on a distinguished road
I would need to drive the 991 GT-3 to determine if it is civilized enough to be used as a daily driver, since in reality the car would spend the vast majority of it's time on the street, not the track. The longer 991 wheelbase gives me hope that it might ride better, however front end clearance is still an issue as well as road noise.

If I had to choose today with out driving, I would pick the Turbo.
It has AWD, will ride better and of course has a better torque curve
for the street.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

i would go for GT3.... what do you guys think???

That's great! Same here!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Dlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by john weires
I would need to drive the 991 GT-3 to determine if it is civilized enough to be used as a daily driver, since in reality the car would spend the vast majority of it's time on the street, not the track. The longer 991 wheelbase gives me hope that it might ride better, however front end clearance is still an issue as well as road noise.

If I had to choose today with out driving, I would pick the Turbo.
It has AWD, will ride better and of course has a better torque curve
for the street.
Drawback of using the GT3 as road car is the very low clearance.
IMHO is not suitable & you will bound to hit the front underside & kerb the front air dam when parking.
So the Turbo would b a better bet for street use only.
Wait for the Porsche Exclusive fixed Front & Rear spoiler kit (optional item) which you can specify. This may make the car looks better especially the front.
Is already available for the 991 Carrera model.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 AM
ilhan997 can only hope to improve
Old 05-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
depends on use, but likely i would go turbo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo or 991 GT3??