Rant thread: Thing you hate most about your Porsche.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:11 AM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future

Hey guys,

This thing annoys me so much I'm starting this thread for it.

I have the optional ~3k USD Burmester surround sound system, it's amazing, I love it, and I haven't seen any better quality from a different system yet. However the cabin quality as good as it may be is not enough for the system, and when I pump out the music loud, on every bass hit there's a "brr" kind of sound that comes from the cabin. And I hate it, so very much actually and everytime I talk to the dealer about it they're like oh there's not much we can do.

So anyway, this is a thread to talk about what you dislike most about your car, and someone else might chime in a solution for it(which I'm hoping for in my case.)

Any others wanna rant about something they have in theirs? Feel free.

-Hamad

Old 09-11-2015, 10:34 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !

I wish it were more visually distinct from the nonturbo models. The GT3 and GT3RS certainly are.

Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 AM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Thumbs down base brr

Well i agree that that most car stereo systems are rubbish in comparison to the Burmeister, & I'm not hijacking your thread. It's just another thing that makes this car awesome actually.
I'm sure you're disappointed the dealer hasn't been any help.
The system in my car is great with no such issues. Recently I bought a higher end Lexus & it was doing something very similar. I took it to the dealer & they sorted it out right away by placing foam behind the rear license plate. I did the same thing on a friends car & it fixed the problem as well. Maybe something to try on yours.

Things that really bother me about my 991 TTS & Porsche is that they've diluted the exclusiveness of the turbo by turbocharging 991.5 Carrera & Carrera S models.
They claim that the 911 turbo is "the benchmark" & have adjusted the price accordingly. I'm going to start my own thread on this topic, as this recent change will only further devalue the Turbo & Turbo S.

Old 09-11-2015, 11:30 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
Well i agree that that most car stereo systems are rubbish in comparison to the Burmeister, & I'm not hijacking your thread. It's just another thing that makes this car awesome actually.
I'm sure you're disappointed the dealer hasn't been any help.
The system in my car is great with no such issues. Recently I bought a higher end Lexus & it was doing something very similar. I took it to the dealer & they sorted it out right away by placing foam behind the rear license plate. I did the same thing on a friends car & it fixed the problem as well. Maybe something to try on yours.

Things that really bother me about my 991 TTS & Porsche is that they've diluted the exclusiveness of the turbo by turbocharging 991.5 Carrera & Carrera S models.
They claim that the 911 turbo is "the benchmark" & have adjusted the price accordingly. I'm going to start my own thread on this topic, as this recent change will only further devalue the Turbo & Turbo S.
Love love love my Burmester. Best factory stereo I have ever had.

Yes it does suck for we turbo owners that Porsche is now putting turbos in the lower model 911s but I'm sure they won't make it so that they cannot be modded to anywhere near what our cars can produce. Pretty much everyone is moving to turbos across the high performance world. Lamborghini seems like the holdout for now.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Damn voice command over Bluetooth can't understand 2 out of 10 entries in my phone book and just says - "...that entry does not exist..." and f***ing hangs up on me...

My UConnect in my Jeep SRT gets it right every time...as does my Kenwood 9990.

Don't have the Burmeister, as I opted to do an aftermarket setup for the same money that will blow the BM away...but I actually like the Bose for what it is.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:18 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Big, Fat, & Fast!

The 991 has put on weight, bigger on the rear end, & looks like a touring car.
At least Porsche has made it very fast & a great car to drive. One of the things that attracted me to Porsche in the first place & was Dr. Porsche's philosophy "a small efficient sports car". These things have become big cars like everything else.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:49 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
I don't like the front spoiler, the inflatable balloon and all the nonsense that goes with it is a gimmick and if you damage it, the cost is about $6700 to get the whole assembly replaced, BTDT. I would prefer a fixed front lip that can be replaced for $275. I am always having to be on the lookout for those stupid parking stops, some are high enough or off level enough to damage the underside of the car if you go over them. If the car had a lifter like the Panamera then there wouldn't be a problem but for some reason, a $190k car doesn't come with a lifter.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:08 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I agree the lifter should come standard on the TT/S like it does on the GT3/RS.

I also wish they didn't put out the Cayman/Boxster so that every body has a P car and it dilutes the specialness of the brand.

As far as the Burmester, I blast mine really loud sometimes and no rattles whatsoever. The bass is clean and the voices are crisp. Can't ask for anything better IMO.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by wrs
I don't like the front spoiler, the inflatable balloon and all the nonsense that goes with it is a gimmick and if you damage it, the cost is about $6700 to get the whole assembly replaced, BTDT. I would prefer a fixed front lip that can be replaced for $275. I am always having to be on the lookout for those stupid parking stops, some are high enough or off level enough to damage the underside of the car if you go over them. If the car had a lifter like the Panamera then there wouldn't be a problem but for some reason, a $190k car doesn't come with a lifter.
The last time I checked the lifter was optional on the GT3. I do not know if it is optional our standard on the GT3RS

Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 PM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future
I think I'll head to my dealer and start a massive fight or something cause it really is annoying, there's this "Live Sound" which I absolutely f**king love because it sounds so crisp and so clean but I can never turn it on because of the cabin noise I heard in the background.

Also here's another thing I dislike, having the multi-function steering wheel; Pulling both paddles doesn't put her in Neutral.