First Hand Experience Thread for 991 Model; To give Personal Review of ALL Features..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:16 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Yes and it's adjustable by percent through the smaller graphical control to the tight of the tach. I love it.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:48 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Was curious if the LED's in the overhead console gives a low ambient light while driving. I'm not sure if any of you had previously owned, or are familiar with BMW E39 but in the M5, for example, it had these 2 red lights that would cast a low light from the overhead area to the console below just in front of the Stick shift.

Anyone have the DL on the package?
I got the light design package. There are LEDs in the footwells, between the overhead console and the roof, as well as on the doors and the sides of the rear seats. I can take a picture at night if you want me to, but it's probably hard to capture. The effect is *very* nice and elegant as it is indirect lighting, not like in the BMW. Also, the color is white, not red. You can adjust the intensity in the PCM but I found the default 40% setting just right.

It's not a racing feature, it's a very elegantly executed comfort feature, albeit a useful one. It bathes the interior in just enough light to not have to go hunt for stuff and concentrate on the road instead. I would miss it if I got a car without it. Of course, I don't remember how much I paid for it. And please don't tell me!

Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up Anything else new...?

Haven't been around for about 1yr.

Good to see many of you still here. I guess the 911 Bug still has it's teeth permanently imbedded into your central nervous system...lol!

I see there's some new options for painting wheels either black or car color. Any pro's or con's to the painted wheels?

Old 08-02-2013, 11:51 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
I have the platinum silk gloss. Can only say I love them. Brake dust less visible.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:54 PM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
I had mine painted the same color as the car (agate). I like the look and as a bonus it hides break dust really well.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I had the wheels on my white 991S Cab painted red to match the interior/roof. Looks fantastic.

You can order your car with these wheels painted to match the car, painted a sort of silver (standard) or painted a deviating colour now. In Canada the latter is $2,300 whereas it cost about $900 to have it done locally.

[URL=http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/Snowczar/media/IMG_0013_zps3d2ffa1e.jpg.html]

Attached Images  

Last edited by Snowczar; 08-02-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
If I had a white 991, I'd have dark wheels - black or gunmetal gray - and add a red pinstripe around the lip. I did that with two sets of wheels on my R8 and they both looked great.

Attached Images   
Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Snowczar

Now that's the way to park a Porsche!!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 PM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by trysixty
Now that's the way to park a Porsche!!!!!!!!
Do that in a public lot and that's the way to get a Porsche keyed!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 PM
RIndy will become famous soon enough
I have sport techno painted basalt black. I think they give the car a unique look to my black car that I am so far happy with. In my limited experience with the car, the risk of fine scratches during cleaning is magnified on black wheels compared to body. I use wheel cleaner, deionizer, foam gun, leaf blower, and tons of microfiber towels on each wheel which I throw away after each wash(actually after each swipe). To my horror despite being as careful as I thought I could possible be, I noticed a fine scratch. Probably more than one but I was just too afraid to continue careful scrutiny after finding the first one. I think due to the amount, location, and type of dust, it is near impossible to avoid. I think I have it under better control now after claying, and applying chemical guys jetseal109 sealant(I had applied a carnauba wax after first wash and clay) and by adding P21s cleaner to my process. If you get black and are OCD about shine, be forewarned.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 PM
I'll never get a black car again. It'll drive you crazy.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RIndy
I have sport techno painted basalt black. I think they give the car a unique look to my black car that I am so far happy with. In my limited experience with the car, the risk of fine scratches during cleaning is magnified on black wheels compared to body. I use wheel cleaner, deionizer, foam gun, leaf blower, and tons of microfiber towels on each wheel which I throw away after each wash(actually after each swipe). To my horror despite being as careful as I thought I could possible be, I noticed a fine scratch. Probably more than one but I was just too afraid to continue careful scrutiny after finding the first one. I think due to the amount, location, and type of dust, it is near impossible to avoid. I think I have it under better control now after claying, and applying chemical guys jetseal109 sealant(I had applied a carnauba wax after first wash and clay) and by adding P21s cleaner to my process. If you get black and are OCD about shine, be forewarned.

Wow. I thought I was OCD. You take it to another level my friend!

Yes, for that reason, I stay away from black cars.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Arrow got it thanks for the info! No painted wheels for me...lol

I had a sneaky feeling about the painted wheels, and RIndy...You are so carefull! I was hoping for an easier finish for the wheels. I want it to look great without much work...lol

Has anyone done a Matt or satin finish on wheels or entire car?

Curious about amount of work on entire car...

Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by bccars
I have the platinum silk gloss. Can only say I love them. Brake dust less visible.
Any scratches when you clean the platinum? I assume there is a clear coat on them? How do they clean up?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:07 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View

Any scratches when you clean the platinum? I assume there is a clear coat on them? How do they clean up?
Other than blasting wheels with high pressure I haven't really washed them yet, so no scratches. No clear coat. They do seem to stain quickly, water drops and stuff like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: First Hand Experience Thread for 991 Model; To give Personal Review of ALL Features..